Hawkins off the ball hit, weeks or finals discount?

Remove this Banner Ad

As a Geelong supporter, im more annoyed with Tom he’s put himself in this spot yet again.
I hear this exact line every time Hawkins is found guilty of striking. It's as though he has accidentally stumbled into a situation not of his own making. The media always seem to focus on the ill-discpline, how Chris Scott will be annoyed and how Hawkins has let his teammates down... That it's out of character, that he's a ripper of a bloke, a terrific young man.

Here's an idea: How about Tom Hawkins just stops going around punching people?

Six striking offences in the past 3 seasons... But that isn't all of them... Hawkins was given the benefit of the doubt on numerous occasions prior to 2016. I can remember two instances in Hawthorn v Geelong games at the MCG - he ran past an unsuspecting Will Langford and whacked him in the solar plexus. Langford went down on his haunches and heaved his guts up for the next minute of play. Another incident on the northern side of the MCG when he grappled with Ben Stratton near the fence, grabbed Stratton's collar and punched him hard on the jaw. It was no ordinary "jumper punch". That was a decent right hook. There have been other similar incidents, but I mainly remember those two. Both times caught on camera, but Hawkins was amazingly given a reprieve by the MRP.

This is why I laugh at all the Catters who claim he's been hard done by. He's used up his 9 lives.

Last edited:
Not the point. They only have to argue from intentional down to careless, and it becomes a fine.
No, you're missing the point. You can't simply say, "Oh, it happened in the play, therefore it was careless."
You would have to demonstrate why it was a careless act and not an intentional strike.

[Andrew Brayshaw blocked Andrew Gaff, but the tribunal didn't say that was a careless strike]

Last edited:
Lucky Schofield doesnt have a glass jaw. AFL are all about outcome and injury. They bs about potential to cause serious injury but only use that when it suits their agenda at the time. A 100kg player runs in behind play swinging an arm and collects a player on the jaw. If the jaw was broken how many weeks? As I said Hawkins lucky Schofield didnt have a weak jaw.
Exactly.

It's not just the AFL who are all about outcome and injury - the same goes for the media and the general public.

Gaff's punch which broke's Brayshaw's jaw looked fairly innocuous. But he hit him flush in the perfect spot for maximum damage. He probably couldn't have connected that sweetly if he'd tried. If Brayshaw had moved just a few centimetres this way or that and no damage had occurred, would there have been the same uproar about Gaff's thuggery?

Brayshaw was also blocking Gaff's path, but there was no suggestion that it was "in the play" and therefore careless.

Read the post again and think!

Lucky Schofield doesnt have a glass jaw. That might help you understand what was being said.

AFL are all about outcome and injury. They bs about potential to cause serious injury but only use that when it suits their agenda at the time. A 200cm 100+ kg player on the run comes in behind play swinging an arm and collects a player on the jaw.

If the jaw was broken how many weeks?

As I said Hawkins lucky Schofield didnt have a weak jaw.
Lol. Bollocks. Hardly any force involved.

Last edited:
Read the post again and think!

Lucky Schofield doesnt have a glass jaw. That might help you understand what was being said.

AFL are all about outcome and injury. They bs about potential to cause serious injury but only use that when it suits their agenda at the time. A 200cm 100+ kg player on the run comes in behind play swinging an arm and collects a player on the jaw.

If the jaw was broken how many weeks?

As I said Hawkins lucky Schofield didnt have a weak jaw.
Weird place for a jaw one would think.

1568508347175-png.746358

Also, you don't take losing well.

Weird place for a jaw one would think.
Haha. Nice try.

That screen shot is not the moment of impact. That's from a split-second after Hawkins hit Schofield on the jaw

Infantile posting from you.

Watch it again. The impact occurs off screen and Schofield's head swivels.
Hawkins's fist unclenches as he draws his arm back into view in that screenshot

Can't even fathom that Ben Stratton got 1 week for a foot stomp and 1 week for pinching and in the same season Tomahawk can roundarm a bloke behind play in the back of the head and only get 1 week.

I simply don't rate anything you have to say.
Yep, I don't rate you as a poster either. You're a joke.

I feel sorry for your 11yo daughter.

You hang around Geelong related threads like a fly does to s**t
I've posted a few times in the Geel v WCE and Geel v Coll match threads on the main board and now I'm posting in this thread. That hardly qualifies me as "hanging around Geelong-related threads.

I've hardly posted a word about Geelong all year. Mostly kept off the main board.
You really do have me confused with someone else, don't you?

You troll at will.
You claimed I was "trolling" when I posted that Hawkins would suspended for his dog act. Well, I was right. :rolleyes:
You've been calling Schofield a weak dog for staging. You're the troll. Not me.

Go back to your safe space on the Geelong Board if you can't handle adult discussion on the main boards.

Last edited:
Yep, I don't rate you as a poster either. You're a joke.

I feel sorry for your 11yo daughter.

I've posted a few times in the Geel v WCE and Geel v Coll match threads on the main board and now I'm posting in this thread. That hardly qualifies me as "hanging around Geelong-related threads.

I've hardly posted a word about Geelong all year. Mostly kept off the main board.
You really do have me confused with someone else, don't you?

You claimed I was "trolling" when I posted that Hawkins would suspended for his dog act. :rolleyes:
Well, I was right.

You've been calling Schofield a weak dog for staging. You're the troll. Not me.

Go back to your safe space on the Geelong Board if you can't handle adult discussion on the main boards.

Stick to posting your drivel on Bay 13
Please don't respond anymore, I'm likely to catch the flu reading your tripe ... you're a germ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, the eye socket is a weird place for the jaw.
Weird place for an eye socket too. I'm starting to think Schofield is the elephant man.

Weird place for an eye socket too. I'm starting to think Schofield is the elephant man.
Well where was Schofield clobbered then? You've said it's not the jaw, so we can eliminate that. And from the screenshot YOU provided I can see Hawkins wrist covering all of Schofield's ear apart from the upper section and then the limb extending forward and possibly higher up on Schofield's face.

Do you want to argue it's the cheekbone? OK. Still guilty.

Well where was Schofield clobbered then? You've said it's not the jaw, so we can eliminate that. And from the screenshot YOU provided I can see Hawkins wrist covering all of Schofield's ear apart from the upper section and then the limb extending forward and possibly higher up on Schofield's face.

Do you want to argue it's the cheekbone? OK. Still guilty.
Insufficient force.

Please don't respond anymore, I'm likely to catch the flu reading your tripe ... you're a germ.
Well, maybe you should stop overreacting like a big baby every time I post my opinions after a Geelong game. F**k, it's not as though I've been stinking up the main board like other Geel/Haw shiitfighters. I've barely posted on the main board this year. There's been 3 recent match threads where I've posted about Geelong. Only one time you could remotely accuse me of trolling (and really, that was just a minor thing between me and Phat Boy)

1) McCarthy took a hanger and kicked the winning goal v Geel in Rd 22. Probably the best moment of the season. I was excited like every other neutral & posted that it was a great story how the Geelong reject was the hero against his old club. You were stewing inside and tried to argue that he wasn't a reject, that he was a required player who left. Between sniffles, you cried that I was a troll. Whatever, dude... :rolleyes:

2) I gave Hawkins a bake in the match thread after Geelong's loss to Collingwood. I let his biggest cheerleader, Phat Boy know all about it. (We'd been debating Hawkins in the All Australian thread.) I posted Hawk's stats from his medicore finals history and said that Geelong needed him to fire up.

3) Phat Boy returned serve on Friday after his 4 goals vs West Coast. I countered by saying "Yeah, pity he'll miss the Prelim after his dog act". You hounded me in the same thread, posting crap about me "hurting deep down" and getting more enjoyment out of "other teams losing than my own team winning." Gloating to some imagined enemy. I didn't care whether Geelong or the Eagles won. The only negative posts I'd made in that thread were about West Coast's overrated leaky defence getting found out by Hawkins and Ratugolea.

Your problem is that you act big and tough and you like to dish it out, but the reality is you're a whiny little bitch who screams "troll" when somebody posts opinions you disagree with.

Lol. Bollocks. Hardly any force involved.
Pull the other one, mate 😆

Hawkins took a swing at Schofield, flushed him on the jaw and put him down. Looked pretty similar to Alastair Clarkson v Ian Aitken, I reckon. Hawkins is lucky he didn't inflict any lasting damage.

If an opposition tagger did exactly the same thing to Dangerfield behind the play and Danger went down for the count like Schofield, you would screaming blue murder and calling for a 4 match ban

The cognitive dissonance of Geelong fans is hilarious.

Last edited:
The only thing with insufficient force are your arguments to get Porkins off.
I actually don't care if he gets off or not, we'll still win friday.

That wasn't a suspendable offence though.

Well, maybe you should stop overreacting like a big baby every time I post my opinions after a Geelong game. F**k, it's not as though I've been stinking up the main board like other Geel/Haw shiitfighters. I've barely posted on the main board this year. There's been 3 recent match threads where I've posted about Geelong. Only one time you could remotely accuse me of trolling (and really, that was just a minor thing between me and Phat Boy)

1) McCarthy took a hanger and kicked the winning goal v Geel in Rd 22. Probably the best moment of the season. I was excited like every other neutral & posted that it was a great story how the Geelong reject was the hero against his old club. You were stewing inside and tried to argue that he wasn't a reject, that he was a required player who left. Between sniffles, you cried that I was a troll. Whatever, dude... :rolleyes:

2) I gave Hawkins a bake in the match thread after Geelong's loss to Collingwood. I let his biggest cheerleader, Phat Boy know all about it. (We'd been debating Hawkins in the All Australian thread.) I posted Hawk's stats from his medicore finals history and said that Geelong needed him to fire up.

3) Phat Boy returned serve on Friday after his 4 goals vs West Coast. I countered by saying "Yeah, pity he'll miss the Prelim after his dog act". You hounded me in the same thread, posting crap about me "hurting deep down" and getting more enjoyment out of "other teams losing than my own team winning." Gloating to some imagined enemy. I didn't care whether Geelong or the Eagles won. The only negative posts I'd made in that thread were about West Coast's overrated leaky defence getting found out by Hawkins and Ratugolea.

Your problem is that you act big and tough and you like to dish it out, but the reality is you're a whiny little bitch who screams "troll" when somebody posts opinions you disagree with.
You're a troll. Nothing more nothing less. Geelong the club, it's players and it's supporters live rent free in your head and they have going back to your chewy days.

He responds to everyone who disagrees with him like that. Telling people to “go away and stop posting”

He’s either trolling (which if he’s from the bay is most likely) or isn’t all there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back