Hawkins off the ball hit, weeks or finals discount?

Remove this Banner Ad

Stop trying to see what you want. He made contact to the neck of Schofield using his forearm not his fist. His fist is clearly separated from contact to Schofields head.
View attachment 746909
The neck is considered high, just ask the family of Phil Hughes.

Hawkins fist would've kept moving with some momentum from the point you have shown... into Schofield's head.

Stop trying to see what you want. He made contact to the neck of Schofield using his forearm not his fist. His fist is clearly separated from contact to Schofields head.

Unfortunately, you've said enough right there to damn Hawkins.

First, a high hit is anything from the shoulders up.

Second, a strike includes the use of the arm.

So, basically, if any player went into the tribunal arguing that "I made contact to his neck with my forearm" then the tribunal would basically thank them for the guilty plea and move to deciding the penalty.

I actually don't care if he gets off or not, we'll still win friday.

That wasn't a suspendable offence though.
If you lose will you be sulking about it for the next 2 years like you have since the QF in 2017?
Which by the way you’re way too confident given how poor you’ve been playing, you’ve been exposed again as finishing much higher then your ability should allow you thanks to the significant home ground advantage you hold.

He should get suspended but Richmond supporters should probably refrain from commenting too much as Cotchin played in a GF he should’ve been watching from the stands.

Nice alt account. I don’t see you on the Tigers board at all. You should pop over sometime.

What a strange comparison. One was in play and there was contention as to what contest Shiel was actually concussed.

The other was an off the ball strike that will be hard to argue he had no intent.

Dusty’s strike on De Boer this year is similar.

Like the Dangerfield one, but Paddy also threw a blind fist afterwards that made contact to DeBoars head. Remember how Paddy got cleared.....

Nothing in it at all ... but it's Hawkins.

He needs to change his name to Trent Cotchin for the week.

Dangerfield, Stewart or Ablett will suffice in this case.

Exhibit D of Hawkins scapegoated for something no one else will get done for.
No question we'll take it to the tribunal.

If king hitting a bloke is ok.........😳

Either change your name to Trent Cotchin or use the eye gouging technique instead. He could even choose to throw the smallest player on the field into the boundary fence forcefully instead.

Simple.

He should of just thrown elbows around like Garry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you blind - it was the soft part of his forearm - no where near his fist.

Mate maybe fat campaigners who post on big footy have soft forearms, elite athletes do not

Mate maybe fat campaigners who post on big footy have soft forearms, elite athletes do not
He got up and played the rest of the game without issues. Your telling me a full roundhouse hit from a 100kg full forward to the head would not cause a bit more damage? Lol please.. The impact was the same as players getting clipped in the ears from a defender trying to spoil a high ball.. Happens every game.

Got him high, behind the play Schofield wasn't even looking.
Hawkins is very lucky to only get one week.

He got up and played the rest of the game without issues. Your telling me a full roundhouse hit from a 100kg full forward to the head would not cause a bit more damage? Lol please.. The impact was the same as players getting clipped in the ears from a defender trying to spoil a high ball.. Happens every game.
You can be hit in the head and still get up and play out a game, pretty common. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t a decent whack.

Ever watched a boxing or ufc fight? They cop a lot more than one hit to the head in most fights. It rattles you, but not every head hit is a knockout.

You can be hit in the head and still get up and play out a game, pretty common. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t a decent whack.

Ever watched a boxing or ufc fight? They cop a lot more than one hit to the head in most fights. It rattles you, but not every head hit is a knockout.
We all agree the impact was low - I'm arguing that it was careless not intentional. Schofield had his head at Hawkins chest level - Hawkins did not realise this when he made contact or he would not have done it. The MRP has had no issues grading these cases as Careless in the past when its clear the effect will be unreasonable given the player played out the game without issues.

We all agree the impact was low - I'm arguing that it was careless not intentional. Schofield had his head at Hawkins chest level - Hawkins did not realise this when he made contact or he would not have done it. The MRP has had no issues grading these cases as Careless in the past when its clear the effect will be unreasonable given the player played out the game without issues.
That’s not careless though.
The strike was intentional, because he missed his target and hit the head doesn’t make it careless. That’s not how the rulings work
The effect isn’t unreasonable. Hawkins misses a game because he took a swing at a bloke from behind, nowhere near the ball.

Get your club to get him a sports psych to deal with his indiscretions.

What are you talking about?
The rule is, if you complete a striking action it will be graded as intentional.
It doesn't matter that you intended to get him in the shoulder, if you choose to strike and get someone high then it is graded - high, intentional.

What are you talking about?
The rule is, if you complete a striking action it will be graded as intentional.
It doesn't matter that you intended to get him in the shoulder, if you choose to strike and get someone high then it is graded - high, intentional.
Yer definitely - you mean like this "Careless" they said lol... Dusty was just giving his jaw a massage lol.. Give me a break - AFL can pick and choose what it wants depending on desired outcome ($$).
giphy.gif

Yer definitely - you mean like this "Careless" they said lol... Give me a break - AFL can pick and choose what it wants depending on desired outcome ($$).
giphy.gif

[/QUOTE]
Wasn’t that not even this year?

Yer definitely - you mean like this "Careless" they said lol... Dusty was just giving his jaw a massage lol.. Give me a break - AFL can pick and choose what it wants depending on desired outcome ($$).
giphy.gif
They didn't say careless, they deemed it not to be a strike and an open hand.
As the camera is blindsided there would be leeway to give the benefit of the doubt.
Tom isn't afforded that luxury in this case.

Nice to see you get your information from memes.
Must be why you're so knowledgeable.

You're missing the point it's not about the damage caused or hawkins being soft it's the fact he swung at all.

The tribunal is a mess, the fact that the result affects the outcome more than the intent is wrong, it should be a penalty for the action and loading for damage caused.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back