Hawkins off the ball hit, weeks or finals discount?

Remove this Banner Ad

This really should be the quickest tribunal hearing of all time.

{Footage of incident is shown}

Tribunal member: "What were you thinking? You're lucky to only be getting a week, aren't you?"

Hawkins: "Yes, sir."

Tribunal member: "One week it is."

End of case.

From the feed now

"Hawkins says he has known Schofield since school and says he is friends with him outside of footy "

He knows he's completely f****d.
That’s like the old, I’m not racist I’ve got black friends, however...

Such a poor argument

No way Schofield puts in a dodgy medical report.
He famously tweeted about the 'players code', he would have helped out as much as possible you'd think.

I don't like his argument, but be nice to see him get off, make for a better game next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that his excuse? he was holding me so i whacked him. Tommy is just about dim enough to run with that.

No he was trying to wrench his arm free, that's the argument. The force of it when he did wrench it free, in the act of leading/running, led to the strike. Regardless of the outcome or my opinion, that's the argument.

Watch the whole game, lol. If there's behind the goals vision supplied, maybe we'll see that
Indeed. Tom Hawkins the real victim here. The only key forward who ever gets held, the AFL need to do something about it.

I'm sure Hocking will get a rule change ready for next year. Something along the lines of any player giving away a holding free kick to a Geelong player suffers an automatic 1 game suspension, and said Geelong player is free to have a cheap shot at the same player or one nearby.

Indeed. Tom Hawkins the real victim here. The only key forward who ever gets held, the AFL need to do something about it.

I'm sure Hocking will get a rule change ready for next year. Something along the lines of any player giving away a holding free kick to a Geelong player suffers an automatic 1 game suspension, and said Geelong player is free to have a cheap shot at the same player or one nearby.

Calm down love. I'm not arguing one way or the other. If there's new evidence supplied, then I'll argue with you. Just like David King, my opinion has changed on the basis of the evidence provided. That is how to act in an unbiased way.

5xN0ibHctqnDH0xSvFSgFfdaTE3.jpg

Geelong defence team explaining Hawkins' actions...

If they've been friends since school, why would he intentionally hit him?

I do have to wonder, why so many people have drawn their pitchforks, when we only have one clip supplied. Once all the evidence is supplied, then lose your sh*t. Right now, it's all just rhetoric and hyperbole and most of you sound unhinged. They're looking at vision now, that we have not seen. Once that vision emerges, then we'll have the full story and you can all make your own judgements.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back