Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Outbid anyone for Amon FA.
Taranto for Wingard and future 2nd
Omeara and pick 22 for Freo Pick 15 and Sam Sturt
Kosi and pick 15 for Collingwood Pick 12 and 40.
Dow for pick 62
Mitchell and pick 40 to Richmond for pick 28 and RCD

In - Amon, Taranto, Sturt, RCD, Dow
Out - Wingard, Omeara, Mitchell and Kosi, future 2nd
Go to draft with pick 5 (Clark), pick 12 ( Hollands), pick 28 , pick 51 (Lawrence)

Would like Toby Bedford for small forward role! Speedy and good skills!
Brocky replacement if he goes.

What are people seeing in Collier-Dawkins that I’m not?

I think there's something there - he moves alright in a pack and is a decent kick. That said, I wouldn't be throwing much at all to get him - late early third at most.

I do wonder whether it's the fact that he's on the brink at Richmond who have been a premiership team for the past few years (i.e. he hasn't had the opportunity).

I think there's something there - he moves alright in a pack and is a decent kick. That said, I wouldn't be throwing much at all to get him - late early third at most.

I do wonder whether it's the fact that he's on the brink at Richmond who have been a premiership team for the past few years (i.e. he hasn't had the opportunity).
Tiger fans aren’t particularly bullish on him.

Tiger fans aren’t particularly bullish on him.
Tbh I'm not either and I would prefer we don't go for him - but an early third comes out at a late-40s/early-50s pick is generally past what most draft pundits refer to when they talk about draft depth. Therefore a punt with that type of pick on someone who's clearly got some talent isn't us wasting a pick, nor would I be filthy at us if we tried that.

I watched him closely last season and thought he moved quite well in traffic and spread well to get in good positions to receive the footy.

I'd prefer to take a punt on a RCD or Dev Roberston type than somebody like Paddy Dow who has also been raised. The former have been part of winning cultures and likely would have received more game time to develop at a weaker club. I believe their best could be ahead of them.

Worpel for cats future 2nd and a third

Mitchell and 22 for tigers pick 19 and 28

Brockman to eagles for a future 3rd

Chad for gws pick 23 and Xavier O’hallaran

Paddy Dow for future 4th

Flanders and Bowes for 28 and future 3rd

In: 19, 23, cats F2, Dow, Flanders, bowes, XOH
Out: 22, F4, Mitchell, worpel, chad, Brockman.

Players and trades may not be right but struggle to see us getting more 1st rounders with what we have to trade. And the cost of upgrading a 2nd to a first is often very high. So have gone with getting a similar hand to last year and some value type trades (scrim, Brodie types).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won't trade anyone i don't think, and if we did it'd only be if we were the winners in the trade, we're not in a rush to get rid of salary cap for example.

Karl Amon - FA
Sam Flanders - Offer a Future Second or Third
Paddy Dow - Future fourth

Not many others i'd be looking at tbh, we could just look for players on the outer at their clubs, similar to Scrimshaw.

So someone like Paddy Dow we could offer a future 4th for and see where it goes.

Outbid anyone for Amon FA.
Taranto for Wingard and future 2nd
Omeara and pick 22 for Freo Pick 15 and Sam Sturt
Kosi and pick 15 for Collingwood Pick 12 and 40.
Dow for pick 62
Mitchell and pick 40 to Richmond for pick 28 and RCD

In - Amon, Taranto, Sturt, RCD, Dow
Out - Wingard, Omeara, Mitchell and Kosi, future 2nd
Go to draft with pick 5 (Clark), pick 12 ( Hollands), pick 28 , pick 51 (Lawrence)
Just wow

Paddy Dow

WTF?

Mitch Lewis for Ben Brown and Melb future 2nd

Melb future 2nd and our future 2nd........ for Dan Hannberry and Carl Dittriech's Headband!!! Google it kiddies, its a cracking manly man headband!!! Not like the floppish ones they wear today, yes Aaron I am looking at you!!!

Big Ned is bestowed with Big Carl manly man headband and goes postal at centre bounces. Mid field problem solved

What, no one said they had to be decent hypothetical trades wish lists and suggestions...…

Probably that thing when a good level VFL player can’t get past established premiership mids at their club so they must be AFL-level if only they had a chance. Much like when people were convinced Hallahan was going to be a good AFL midfielder if he could get a game elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back