Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Grundy makes some sense. Pies want his salary off the books.

Goldstein makes the most sense though as a FA who might jump to us for a 2 year contract.
Doesn't jive well with McEvoy's rationale for leaving though, to then go and replace him with an older ruck.

Doesn't jive well with McEvoy's rationale for leaving though, to then go and replace him with an older ruck.
McEvoy was more a lack of commit robbing a player of a list spot rather than just plain age.

As for Grundy a future second is the most I'd trade, we're in no position to give up anything serious for a 28 year old

Lynch leaves Collingwood for Hawthorn because he’s stuck behind Grundy. Hawthorn recruit Grundy and make Lynch stuck behind Grundy and Reeves.

Exactly it won't happen. Getting lynch the club would have told him there was going to be opportunity.

We couldn't of had a worse run of injuries with our ruckman this year , rare that one misses long term let alone 3. If anything the mcevoy decision maybe shows that the club thinks ramsden might be ready quicker then we all think. I'd go for a state league ruck and keep our draft capital and salary space.

Exactly it won't happen. Getting lynch the club would have told him there was going to be opportunity.

We couldn't of had a worse run of injuries with our ruckman this year , rare that one misses long term let alone 3. If anything the mcevoy decision maybe shows that the club thinks ramsden might be ready quicker then we all think. I'd go for a state league ruck and keep our draft capital and salary space.
It may not happen but we wouldn’t have anticipated that we could’ve attained Grundy potentially on the cheap.
Could just be cruelly unlucky for Lynch if it was to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know, it’s not a dig at him, but if we had a chance to get Grundy for cheap we can’t worry what Lynch will be feeling about it.!
For mine what Lynch thinks isn’t as big of a concern as Grundy’s giant contract. That’s a lot to be paying a guy who will be well past his best when we are competing and will hamstring our future list building.

Add in what the pies might potentially ask for him and I just can’t see it making sense for us.

Wouldn't be interested in Grundy personally.
Great player, incredibly talented, but the capital required to get the deal done isn't worth it given where we are in our rebuild.
Let the Wobbles suffer with their high priced contracts and focus on building our next generation of rucks.
Ramsden seems to be developing rapidly and showing a lot, Lynch is a serviceable enough ruckman and Reeves is our centrepiece for the next 7-10 years.

Great player, incredibly talented, but the capital required to get the deal done isn't worth it given where we are in our rebuild.
Let the Wobbles suffer with their high priced contracts and focus on building our next generation of rucks.
Ramsden seems to be developing rapidly and showing a lot, Lynch is a serviceable enough ruckman and Reeves is our centrepiece for the next 7-10 years.
It’s a salary dump. They’re pushing him out.

Ramsden in the wings, Reeves kicking ass -= get a cheap serviceable back up. So dont need Grundy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back