Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
I must’ve missed the games that he’s played well cause the 3 or so times I’ve seen him play he’s been pretty ordinary and his skills looked a mile off. Ramsden will already be better than him next year. If we want another ruck I’d prefer it to be a more experienced one that can teach the kids but then come Upto afl and be serviceable if need be. BR would get embarrassed at afl level
He def stepped up. Kicking is a work in progress - he is a bit untidy at times but from where he was in round 1 to more recently is significant. It is frustrating that he was not selected for about a month when both Lynch and Rambo were fit.

Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Reading between the lines, I suspect JHF would choose Port over the Crows if given the choice.
Yeh power could get a deal done imo.

First, bergman and F1 with something coming back to PA potentially

Bergman wants back to VIC and that is potentially two top 10 picks and a high potential youngster (who was 1st rounder).

Yeh power could get a deal done imo.

First, bergman and F1 with something coming back to PA potentially

Bergman wants back to VIC and that is potentially two top 10 picks and a high potential youngster (who was 1st rounder).
I doubt Bergman wants North though.

I'm very new at this, so be gentle with me!

People thinking Lynch may be stiff could be missing the obvious solution (re: Grundy). Make him part of the deal.

We get Grundy at a discount plus their first
Collingwood get Max & cap relief and maybe a future sweetener.

By all reports Lynch was well regarded over there and didn't relish leaving. Gets back to his familiar surroundings with no Grundy stifling his opportunity. We get what seems to me a natural 1/2 ruck pairing with Reeves.

Last edited:
Brodie Kemp still can’t get a game at the Blues, now is the time to get him across. They have a few out and still can’t get in. Hopefully can make him into a midfielder or on a wing
Can he play midfield though, or is he just another flanker type.

Billyc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm very new at this, so be gentle with me!

People thinking Lynch may be stiff could be missing the obvious solution (re: Grundy). Make him part of the deal.

We get Grundy at a discount plus their first
Collingwood get Max & cap relief and maybe a future sweetener.

By all reports Lynch was well regarded over there and didn't relish leaving. Gets back to his familiar surroundings with no Grundy stifling his opportunity. We get what seems to me a natural 1/2 ruck pairing with Reeves.
The Lynch issue is a non issue. We won’t be deciding whether to chase a star ruckman because of the feelings of a fringe player. It will depend on whether the club thinks Reeves, Lynch and Ramsden can do the job over the next 3-5 years, how they assess Grundy’s longevity and what would be required in salary and trade. If everything else checks out, it will be stiff s**t for Lynch.

I have enough confidence in Reeves to think this isn’t the most pressing need and would go for another fringe type ruckman instead but I can see the appeal, especially with Grundy’s clearance winning ability

The Lynch issue is a non issue. We won’t be deciding whether to chase a star ruckman because of the feelings of a fringe player. It will depend on whether the club thinks Reeves, Lynch and Ramsden can do the job over the next 3-5 years, how they assess Grundy’s longevity and what would be required in salary and trade. If everything else checks out, it will be stiff s**t for Lynch.

I have enough confidence in Reeves to think this isn’t the most pressing need and would go for another fringe type ruckman instead but I can see the appeal, especially with Grundy’s clearance winning ability
Grundy has to want to consider us.

As he’s met with Giants and Dees already, I doubt he’s that keen on the Hawks.

Billyc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Grundy has to want to consider us.

As he’s met with Giants and Dees already, I doubt he’s that keen on the Hawks.
It seems his strong preference to stay at Collingwood. I don’t see much appeal in Giants. Geelong strike me as the best fit. Top of the ladder but with gaping hole in the ruck and they love mature players. Surprised they haven’t surfaced yet

Stratton24

Premiership Player
Aug 29, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It seems his strong preference to stay at Collingwood. I don’t see much appeal in Giants. Geelong strike me as the best fit. Top of the ladder but with gaping hole in the ruck and they love mature players. Surprised they haven’t surfaced yet
Geelong are all over him but would need Collingwood to pay a much larger chunk than Melbourne would.

Billyc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can’t see Collingwood trading Grundy to a team that is already a direct threat to them like Geelong or Melbourne and make them even stronger just for a salary dump.
Collingwood aren’t in the strong bargaining position. Like Chad did with us last year, Grundy can just stay put and hold them to the contract. If Collingwood want to move him, they won’t be able to force him to only pick from poor sides

westhawk

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Collingwood aren’t in the strong bargaining position. Like Chad did with us last year, Grundy can just stay put and hold them to the contract. If Collingwood want to move him, they won’t be able to force him to only pick from poor sides
Agreed, but still think they would rather keep him than gifting Geelong the player to fill the only weekness they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back