Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Tier 2 is what we want from him (not Gunston or Breust where we won't get any value). Give us North's second pick for one of those other guys please Clarko
Norths second pick is the 50’s.

We might end up hoping north gets a priority pick so they have something to trade to us.

If Gunston goes to Brisbane and McStay to Collingwood, we can do a trade.
The Lions need points this year for Ashcroft and Fletcher.
So maybe Gunston and #24 for a future first? Brisbane get a good player AND more points. We get an extra first rounder.

We would get a future 3rd at best and no compo if he goes as a free agent so useless. We must keep Jack.

We would get a future 3rd at best and no compo if he goes as a free agent so useless. We must keep Jack.

Yes, I would prefer to keep Gunston, and I realise he is a Free Agent. Hence, my opening sentence.

IF he goes to Brisbane and McStay goes to Collingwood, then the Lions will need to trade for him.

We are under no obligation to give him away for peanuts. We cannot control his FA movement but we would have some say in a trade scenario.

I hope he stays but if we need to trade, we should try to make it a win/win.

Yes, I would prefer to keep Gunston, and I realise he is a Free Agent. Hence, my opening sentence.

IF he goes to Brisbane and McStay goes to Collingwood, then the Lions will need to trade for him.

We are under no obligation to give him away for peanuts. We cannot control his FA movement but we would have some say in a trade scenario.

I hope he stays but if we need to trade, we should try to make it a win/win.
You don’t get a win/win when you lose an over 30 free agent. We got nothing for Jordan Lewis at 30 coming off runner up in the b and f and he was contracted

You don’t get a win/win when you lose an over 30 free agent. We got nothing for Jordan Lewis at 30 coming off runner up in the b and f and he was contracted
True, but remember Clarko was into "Dump all the old guys" mode when we moved on Lewis, Mitch, and Lewis. Can't get much in that scenario. Gunners may be a little different. We don't necessarily need to move him on.

According to the talk on afl.com.au, he is only interested in going to a team pushing for the flag so Syd, Brisbane, Geelong, Melbourne, Freo and Pies. Can't see him going to WA, Pies have other targets and cap issues, Bris and Melb doesn't need small/medium forwards.
Suspect best we can go hope for would be something like Syd or Geel R1 and R2 for Bruest plus our R2. So upgrade our second to a first and a late second.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Probably one of these two based on his rugby league background..........

According to the talk on afl.com.au, he is only interested in going to a team pushing for the flag so Syd, Brisbane, Geelong, Melbourne, Freo and Pies. Can't see him going to WA, Pies have other targets and cap issues, Bris and Melb doesn't need small/medium forwards.
Suspect best we can go hope for would be something like Syd or Geel R1 and R2 for Bruest plus our R2. So upgrade our second to a first and a late second.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know for certain Breust has a funds management job lined up in Sydney when he retires. So if that's anything to go by, put money on the Swans or GWS.

I know for certain Breust has a funds management job lined up in Sydney when he retires. So if that's anything to go by, put money on the Swans or GWS.
He knocked back interest from the Giants last year and committed to the rebuild. I'd be disappointed if he changed heart now, with lower trade value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way NM give up pick 19 for Mitchell- even if Mitchell wanted to go there. They got burnt on Coleman Jones last year pick - 20
I don't think they do it, but god damn that's not at all a comparable trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back