Unofficial Preview Hawks 2022 trade targets - news and snippets

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same rules in this thread as other years.

This thread is for news of players we are linked to, or snippets from our connected posters to drop regarding our targets.

It’s not for :
  • reviewing or posting about current HFC listed players
  • posting about who you like or who you think we should target
  • how trades might get done
The thread you are looking for to do that is here

On top of the Edmund comments I had someone reach out recently to say that Hawthorn were at the front of the queue for Bruhn, via someone whos heard it from his family.

Remains to be seen how that plays out.

Smells like ‘RoughandLove’
Might need to put the call out there...see if we get anything

Ron Burgundy Battle GIF

I haven't followed him much. Why do we want Tanner specifically? Seems a bit of excitement about him around here. I recall being highly rated as a youngster?
Could be a very good player, but at a minimum is decent depth and coverage where we need it most. Low risk, high reward.

I haven't followed him much. Why do we want Tanner specifically? Seems a bit of excitement about him around here. I recall being highly rated as a youngster?
Talent, classy with skills on both feet and by hand, he's a really good clearance mid and reads the play super well, he's got pretty good pace too.

I'd honestly compare him a little to Sam, he's not quick, he's not tall, but he's skillful and classy, and he reads the play super well, his pure clearance ability is quite surprising considering his size, he just finds a way to get there before most and he's a deft touch player.

Sam would love to work closely with him, though he does have the low production issue atm, and i'm not sure on his tank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talent, classy with skills on both feet and by hand, he's a really good clearance mid and reads the play super well, he's got pretty good pace too.

I'd honestly compare him a little to Sam, he's not quick, he's not tall, but he's skillful and classy, and he reads the play super well, his pure clearance ability is quite surprising considering his size, he just finds a way to get there before most and he's a deft touch player.

Sam would love to work closely with him, though he does have the low production issue atm, and i'm not sure on his tank.
Everyone says he is slow ?? Is he really that slow ?

Everyone says he is slow ?? Is he really that slow ?
Nah, i'd say his strength within pace "generalised" is his explosive or first few steps, his top line speed isn't great, but he isn't slow either.

When i think slow i think Mitchell or Neale types, who rely more so on their lateral movement and quickness.

He's pretty laterally quick and silky, top line speed isn't great however a decent first few steps, i'd say pretty good pace because he glides a little.

You didn’t use the word ‘elite’ once - everything okay, Dom?

The difference for mine is Day has shown his quality on the field and only missed due to injury.

Bruhn has played most games but been very underwhelming.

We’d be hoping his poor form has been due to lack of engagement rather than ability. Given he doesn’t appear to have any injuries holding him back that some slow starters have.
Bruhn is also playing out of position. For an inside midfielder to move to half-forward and share the position with Cogs/Taranto/Greene is a tough ask, especially if he isn't happy with the club. It's a tough ask to be moved across the country, away from your friends and family, and get asked to do a job you don't have a massive amount of experience in and be expected to excel within two years. Get him home and at a center bounce and I have faith he'll produce as advertised.

Could it be that they may of known he is gone/doesn’t want to be there and to keep some value they played him elsewhere in preference for players that are staying? Not like finals have really been on the line for them.
That maybe have been the case in the last couple of rounds for coming back into the team.

But his move out of the middle was after his really poor game against the bulldogs.

Even in the first half of the year his form was pretty poor. With only 2-3 games that were at least partway towards good.

He’s talented. But has also shown extremely little.

So what was actually said about hawthorn? Anything?

Said the Amon deal has been handled maturely by all and is "around $600,000" for 4 years

Nothing else. Didn't name Hawks when talking about Bruhn (didn't mention any club) but said he likely wasn't going to be any Vic club's first priority in the trade season.

Bruhn is also playing out of position. For an inside midfielder to move to half-forward and share the position with Cogs/Taranto/Greene is a tough ask, especially if he isn't happy with the club. It's a tough ask to be moved across the country, away from your friends and family, and get asked to do a job you don't have a massive amount of experience in and be expected to excel within two years. Get him home and at a center bounce and I have faith he'll produce as advertised.

Across the country? I thought he was from Geelong

That distance is multiple countries in Europe.

Yes, and?

Really weird after the 2 years we’ve just endured that people would begrudge people wanting to live close to those they love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back