Hawks Board 2021 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

ROUND 1

1 North Melbourne - Jason Horne-Francis
2 Western Bulldogs - Sam Darcy (BID MATCHED)
3 Collingwood - Nick Daicos (BID MATCHED)
4 Fremantle - Finn Callaghan
5 Gold Coast - Josh Rachelle
6 Adelaide - Josh Sinn
7 Hawthorn - Josh Ward
8 GWS - Mac Andrew
9 Richmond - Ben Hobbs
10 GWS - Josh Gibcus
11 St Kilda - Nasaih Wanganeen-Milera
12 West Coast - Neil Erasmus
13 Essendon - Jye Amiss
14 Port Adelaide - Matthew Johnson
15 Fremantle - Zac Taylor
16 Brisbane - Darcy Wilmot
17 Richmond - Tyler Sonsie
18 Sydney - Mitch Knevitt
19 Melbourne - Campbell Chesser
20 Geelong - Josh Goater

Last edited:

Pick 6 - Josh Sinn
PICK 6: Adelaide select Josh Sinn.

With 1st choice x-factor player Rachelle off the table I’ve gone with Josh Sinn, who I see as a player that will eventually provide x -factor through the midfield at AFL level. Is a nice size, and has put on 6kg recently which will help with his transition from Half Back to the midfield. Blistering speed combined with exquisite kicking skills will provide the x - factor the Crows crave.

Pick 7 - Josh Ward
With Pick 7 The Hawthorn Football Club select...

Josh Ward - Northern Knights

I'll do my full write up a bit later, but no surprises from me here. While everyone seems to be wishy washy on Ward since the end of the season, he stands above the crowd in terms of consistent, effective input both offensively and defensively. His skills entering into the forward 50 are elite, and he can provide an outlet for our contested ball winners up and down the ground with his elite running. What I love about Ward is his improvement mentality, his defensive application but most of all his consistency and translatable game. He has very few question marks in a draft environment where we have had some prospects play less than 10 games in the past 2 years. The fact is Ward has the running, strength and skills that present a baseline of production higher than anyone else available. His goal sense forward is nothing to shy about, and I wouldn't be shocked (though I don't think it will happen) if he starts the season in the forward flank as a tagger/half forward while he builds his game.

Ben Hobbs is very, very close but I prefer Wards gamestyle for us. I have them pretty much equal in ranking, but I like Wards kicking and running more than Hobb's contested ball winning, marking and chiselled jawline.

Strapping Young Lad stop delaying your pick and trying to cook up trades, you're up

Pick 8 - Mac Andrew
Pick 8.

GWS Giants select Mac Andrew, from the Dandenong Stingrays.

Not going to bore you guys with a write up about a player we have all read a tonne about and the reasons the Giants would take him.

Pick 10 - Josh Gibcus
Pick 10.

GWS Giants select Josh Gibcus, from the GWV Rebels.

blackheart has St Kilda

Gibcus, Andrew, Fahey (assumedly)

Would be stoked with that as a Giants fan.

(I am getting a little concerned that we're not on a pace to get through half the draft, hopefully picks up on the weekend)

Gibcus, Andrew, Fahey (assumedly)

Would be stoked with that as a Giants fan.

(I am getting a little concerned that we're not on a pace to get through half the draft, hopefully picks up on the weekend)
Well after the time limit sets in (at 5pm today) everything will go a lot faster. If no one is on it I'll just pick after consulting with other draft boards and phantoms.

Alright lads and lasses, here we go. From 5pm today, each person will have two hours to make their pick. We'll freeze the time limit at 9 every night and reopen at 8pm. If you're worried about that nasty Saturday morning hangover that's coming up, send me some picks for me too lock in for you, or as a fail safe if you miss the limit.

blackheart you are officially on the clock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 11 - Nasaih Wanganeen-Milera
Pick 11 - St Kilda select Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera

Saints have had a great history of taking mid paced half-back flankers and then not knowing what to do with them. (Coffield, Clark, Long) So NWM will add some much needed zip and definite class amongst the midfield grunts.

Is there a chance we could have the updated picks listed on a post that's pinned on the top of every page? I'm not sure how it's done, but I've seen it done in other threads.
Check the 'Threadmarks' button at the bottom right (below most recent of each page) to bring up a list of the picks.

Pick 12 - Neil Erasmus
Pick 12 WCE - Neil Erasmus - Subiaco (Half Forw/Midfielder) 188cm 80kg

went best available and fills a need for a big midfielder for WCE, great hands above his head and a good kick at goal which makes him a forward threat and then his read of the play and running good lines makes him a weapon in the midfield, he has a competitive confident personality which will help him succeed in the sometimes harsh environment of the AFL, had a great WAFL Colts GF last year, stepped up to dominate the Colts in the midfield as well as the Private School scene in Perth, unfortunately copped a cork before the state series.

PhatHQ you're up

Last edited:
Pick 13 - Jye Amiss
Pick 13, Essendon
Jye Amiss - key forward

At 13 with 2 WA boys to choose from that would fit the Bombers perfectly I figured I couldn’t go wrong. Don’t feel like I missed on Erasmus too much when I can pair a key forward with Harry Jones in the future and can have him develop in his first season with no real pressure to perform.
Was tempted to trade back but feel like a win in the first round with the only relevant pick was a no brainer. 2023 will be the year to see this kid take off once he gets a bit of weight on but a few game in 2022 is a given IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back