Hawks Board 2021 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

ROUND 1

1 North Melbourne - Jason Horne-Francis
2 Western Bulldogs - Sam Darcy (BID MATCHED)
3 Collingwood - Nick Daicos (BID MATCHED)
4 Fremantle - Finn Callaghan
5 Gold Coast - Josh Rachelle
6 Adelaide - Josh Sinn
7 Hawthorn - Josh Ward
8 GWS - Mac Andrew
9 Richmond - Ben Hobbs
10 GWS - Josh Gibcus
11 St Kilda - Nasaih Wanganeen-Milera
12 West Coast - Neil Erasmus
13 Essendon - Jye Amiss
14 Port Adelaide - Matthew Johnson
15 Fremantle - Zac Taylor
16 Brisbane - Darcy Wilmot
17 Richmond - Tyler Sonsie
18 Sydney - Mitch Knevitt
19 Melbourne - Campbell Chesser
20 Geelong - Josh Goater

Last edited:

Alrigjt, its 10 now. Dominic03 ill give you 5 minutes to get here.
If he’s not here, lock Jesse Motlop in for his pick.

North have been linked, and they really need a small forward.

Pick 24 - Arlo Draper
With Pick 24 Hawthorn select - Arlo Draper.

Arlo is a gun Half forward/Midfielder who puts his body on the line and is smart with his footy. A bit of a wiry frame has lead to him having a few injuries sideline him from the action, but I think he ball winning, smarts and agility make him an exciting prospect that fills a need we have for goal kicking mids.

Pick 25 - Sam Butler
Pick #25 - Brisbane Lions - Sam Butler

Hard to split Butler and Clarke at this Pick but I have gone with Butler. Exceptional pressure forward with outstanding tackle numbers and pace.

Butler has an AFL ready body and although might find it hard breaking into the Lions forward line initially, is probably only an injury or two away from playing next year.

Love what this guy brings defensively and has a knack for finding the goals.

Pick 27 - Judson Clarke
Pick 27 - Judson Clarke

Livewire small forward who can come in an add pressure to any contest. While its not a position of need, I don't think we can be taking any of our small forwards to the bank this year and Clarke offers us another shot at a really lively and dynamic spark plug.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picks 29, 30, 31 - Bazzo, MacDonald, Howes
I assume the bid will be matched.

Saints - 28) M. Owens

Richmond will make the following selections:

Richmond - 29) R. Bazzo
Richmond - 30) C. MacDonald
Richmond - 31) B. Howes

A few other players were in consideration, namely Aleer and Brown. Given Richmond are looking at midfielders and KPD both Bazzo and MacDonald address an area of need, but the Howes pick was too good to pass up on.

Note if the Owens bid isn't matched in time then he'd just replace MacDonald

Current draft haul is:
9) B. Hobbs
17) T. Sonsie
29) R. Bazzo
30) C. MacDonald
31) B. Howes

Last edited:
I assume the bid will be matched.

Saints - 28) M. Owens

Richmond will make the following selections:

Richmond - 29) R. Bazzo
Richmond - 30) C. MacDonald
Richmond - 31) B. Howes

A few other players were in consideration, namely Aleer and Brown. Given Richmond are looking at midfielders and KPD both Bazzo and MacDonald address an area of need, but the Howes pick was too good to pass up on.

Note if the Owens bid isn't matched in time then he'd just replace MacDonald

Current draft haul is:
9) B. Hobbs
17) T. Sonsie
29) R. Bazzo
30) C. MacDonald
31) B. Howes
Damn! That is good.

Last edited:
Just a note on bidding

After GWS matched the Fahey bid, they lost picks 45 and 46. After discount they needed 676 points and those two picks come to 678 so 2 points isn't enough to give them anything back. This brings the Saints picks in to match by 2 spots.

So for the Owens bid:

Pick 28 = 677 points
After 20% discount = 542 points

Saints can match with:
Pick 51 = 259
Pick 54 = 220
Pick 55 = 207

144 points left over = Pick 61 back. Slots in after Port's 2 picks near the end of the fourth round after those picks move in.

Pick 32 - Ned Long
Pick 32 - WCE - Ned Long - Northern Knights - 192cm 88kg

another big mid for WCE, i am a fan of how he plays, he is a big brute of a midfielder and can go forward and play as a 3rd tall forward, kicking under pressure can be just for meterage, but has a good footy IQ and toughness in the contest, also a goal kicker and very impressive big mid.

Pick 32 - WCE - Ned Long - Northern Knights - 192cm 88kg

another big mid for WCE, i am a fan of how he plays, he is a big brute of a midfielder and can go forward and play as a 3rd tall forward, kicking under pressure can be just for meterage, but has a good footy IQ and toughness in the contest, also a goal kicker and very impressive big mid.
RIOLINWITPUNCHS next for Brisbane

Pick 33 - Josh Browne
Pick #33 Brisbane Lions - Josh Browne

This rounds out the last pick for the Lions and adds some midfield depth. Contested ball winning beast who can also hit the scoreboard.

I wanted Ned Long at this pick but Davo beat me to it by 1 pick.

I also wanted Sonsie with the lions 2nd pick and took Wilmot first hoping Sonsie would get through, which didn't occur. With Sonsie off the board I traded 4 places back in the 2nd round, knowing one of Motlop, Clarke or Butler would be available whilst moving up 8 spots in the 3rd round to select Browne here.

Other considerations for this pick were Leek Aller, Charlie Dean and Corey Warner.

Brisbane's haul:

Darcy Wilmot
Sam Butler
Josh Browne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back