Autopsy Hawks defeated by Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Decent effort by most, but we were just not batting deep enough today.

Some positives in Worpel and Lewis.

Still amazing to think that despite our bottom 6 doing almost nothing we were not blown out of the water with our two best defenders in the stands and a young midfield lead by Worpel.

Didn’t expect a win, so....

Meh.

I don’t think anyone realistically thought we would win today with the injuries around the ground great effort today.

Still this season far too many times where we have gone in and out of games especially in red time in all quarters. Mirra needs to go and Nash needs to go. Don’t really have any idea who comes in for them though.

Hopefully we play Carlton tough because they’re not as bad they look

Nash: 2 disposals - 0 marks - 2 tackles - 0 goals

It took Mitchell Lewis one game and he’s already gone past him. Enough with the Nash experiment as a forward. He needs to go back to the VFL and stay there until he learns the craft as a forward.

I said before the game i would be happy with anything under 4 goals and I am standing by it. I think this is a par at worst. The entire list fought hard but Geelong were too polished when it mattered and we seemed to constantly be relying on scrappy goals to stay in touch. You're not going too win many games playing like that. Most players fought it out and there are plenty of things to be excited about. Mitch Lewis could be a 10yr FF. Thats very exciting.

Henderosn great.
Worpel tried his guts out all day.
Breust played apparently.
Gary Ablett is a f**king homophobic ****.

Happy to see the lads give it a good go in the 4th.
Is Big Boy O.K.?
Biggest issue for me is the fade outs at the end of quarters, both physically and mentally, what's the deal there?

Never in the game really but given our missing players we did well to keep it respectable. Stratton shuts down Rohan’s 4 goals and we would’ve won.. No obvious injuries either which is a nice change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pleased with the effort - once again lacked some leadership from senior players when needed

Impressed with Worpel and Lewis gets to keep his spot - contested all day

We just gave them far too much space all day and transition goals killed us

Hopefully BB injury nothing serious

Don’t care how good he is I’m glad Ablett was booed- he is a homophobic *

Onto next week

I am a bit pissed off at the moment:

Sicily is the only player in our back half who is creating the play.

McEvoy is a gun.

Lewis and Brand impressed.

Morrison, Mirra, and Nash are not helping us win.

Scully can't take contact. He overturns the ball with handballs if under pressure. Smith not much different atm, and doesn't tackle.

Poppy can't buy a free kick.

Roughy looking worn out.

Time to rotate our list, find out what we have got.

Is Shiels back next week?

Don't know , but when you think of Shiels , Burgoyne , Stratton . Frawley , we have siome thing to look forward to when the season really gets underway.
I thought Geelong did really well today , we kept peppering just coul;dn't stay , lot of fumbling ,. we had the future playing hard, and our lad Sicily needs to not take on too much , he over thinks when he has the ball , gets caught quite a bit, needs to move and decide quicker.

Depth is obviously an issue, we haven't got it in us to deal with all these injuries.

I'm sure Smith's wrist is ****ed.

Hopefully, we can sneak a win with Shiels back, and then Burger the following week.

The team that took the field today is pretty clunky, and lacking class in crucial areas.

Decent effort considering the key outs and the passengers in the side.

On the plus side Worpel is brilliant and Henderson has kept up his career best AA-level form.

Cousins, Mirra, Nash and Morrison need to be sent back to Box Hill indefinitely. Wingard and Breust were passengers and IMO they need to be moved into the middle to get involved more often. They surely wouldn't have done any worse or been as anonymous as Cousins.

I am a bit pissed off at the moment:

Sicily is the only player in our back half who is creating the play.

McEvoy is a gun.

Lewis and Brand impressed.

Morrison, Mirra, and Nash are not helping us win.

Scully can't take contact. He overturns the ball with handballs if under pressure. Smith not much different atm, and doesn't tackle.

Poppy can't buy a free kick.

Roughy looking worn out.

Time to rotate our list, find out what we have got.
This is our rotated list. We have 7 first choice players injured, not much you can do.

Hawks tried hard. But when Gary Rowan kicks 4 against you there are significant problems to overcome.
Hendo played well again and Big Boy had a crack. Mitchell Lewis was not out of place and should keep his spot.
Surely Nash has to go and Moro has lost all credits in the bank.
Brand was ok and Worpedo tried hard.
Looking at the teams you would consider the result pretty good.

Battled hard considering the injuries we have.

Would love to play them again with our full strength team, I saw nothing frightening about Geebung today.

But we can't afford to be carrying passengers at the moment, and I think we are. The best performing VFL players need to fill those fringe positions - not just players who have had a gig before. I would prefer Ross over Nash and O'Brien over Mirra.

Poor old Nash may never recover from what he is going through now, and I can't understand why he can't be learning and gaining confidence in the VFL.

I thought Brand was pretty decent today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back