Hawks dwindling crowds

Remove this Banner Ad

Adz

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-18/kennett-chides-absent-hawk-fans-over-mcg-crowd

What’s going on here? Their average crowd this year is 29,000

The only game they can pull a crowd is against Geelong during Easter.

Why don’t their fans show up?

You imagine without the milestone factor they probably would have pulled 20,000 tops last Saturday.

A cause for concern.

Against the Aussies in the world cup? A lot of us who were there drifted into the bars as well to check out the aussies (given the putrid footy on display in the first half).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our last two games at the G were against interstate teams in the wet, with the Adelaide one competing against the World Cup also.

Should have got rid of Clarkson last year like the OP wanted

The Swans game would normally draw 50k+ but the forecast was terrible possibly the worst weather forecast of the year
Saturday night was unlucky being against the World Cup probably knocked 5-10k off thd crowd
Even the Melbourne game was a wet day

I was gobsmacked with the crowd Saturday night

In the end it actually reflected the quality of footy being played and was respectfully solemn as we bare witness to Adelaide's 2018 campaign funeral

I did have a crack about where are all your members because that's all i had

I'm honestly not sure how. We all knew the crowd was going to be low. The WC is bigger than a regular season game (or final for that matter).

Cold night, interstate opponent, first world cup match on up against it.

Major storm in a teacup.

Incidentally, do people really go to games they might not otherwise because a club hero is running through the banner with his kids? Maybe I'm just not hardcore enough

I was gobsmacked with the crowd Saturday night

In the end it actually reflected the quality of footy being played and was respectfully solemn as we bare witness to Adelaide's 2018 campaign funeral

I did have a crack about where are all your members because that's all i had
Socceroos on would have made a huge difference

Remove this Banner Ad

Back