Autopsy Hawks fall in a heap against the Dogs - Rd 2, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Wednesday afternoon, surely time to move on....unless someone has a DeLorean with a flux capacitor.
Perfect. We go back to the start of the last quarter. JOM doesn’t push and Roughy kicks the goal. The Worpel thing wouldn’t have happened. Bevo starts panicking and makes 6 goals down changes so the Sicily push probably doesn’t happen. Harder to kick 9 goals when you have to work for it. Under Clarko, the Dogs might’ve kicked 4 goals at best and Hawthorn would’ve won with 2 midfielders down. This thread would be half the size and we would be pretty excited this week.

In reality, the difference between win and loss isn’t as big as it seems. Didn’t get 4 points but wrote some handy cheques that will be cashed one day. Bring on Sunday.

What’s going to piss me off the most is watching the games this weekend and seeing that no other team cops the same s**t decisions we copped. If they are serious about paying all the shoves like the O’Meara and Sicily one, there should be around 100 frees per game. But u watch the afl shrivel up like the weak piece of s**t it is and allow the push and shove again and our horrendously umpired game will be swept under the rug. Just as it was when they tried to * us in the second Sydney game last year.

What’s going to piss me off the most is watching the games this weekend and seeing that no other team cops the same s**t decisions we copped. If they are serious about paying all the shoves like the O’Meara and Sicily one, there should be around 100 frees per game. But u watch the afl shrivel up like the weak piece of s**t it is and allow the push and shove again and our horrendously umpired game will be swept under the rug. Just as it was when they tried to **** us in the second Sydney game last year.

While I agree that it will be frustrating when this inevitably happens, I’m actually praying that it does.

After a few days to cool down, I’d much prefer to just cop last week on the chin, given that we never have to see that kind of s**t again. I would much rather loose one game due to umpiring, and preserve the game we know and love as opposed to seeing a point be proven, but loosing the game of AFL as we know it.

What’s going to piss me off the most is watching the games this weekend and seeing that no other team cops the same s**t decisions we copped. If they are serious about paying all the shoves like the O’Meara and Sicily one, there should be around 100 frees per game. But u watch the afl shrivel up like the weak piece of s**t it is and allow the push and shove again and our horrendously umpired game will be swept under the rug. Just as it was when they tried to **** us in the second Sydney game last year.

How is that any different to most weeks?

You can often pick the umpiring outcome just by the names on the team-sheet. Some teams get the "rub of the green", others don't. Same with individual players. Some teams respond really well to "interfering" umpiring, others prefer to be given the latitude to just play.

I genuinely believe it's why Hawthorn is continually so much better in finals than H&A. The best umpires are there, they step back and have a better feel for the game. Opposition teams suddenly lose their umpiring advantage, and have to be harder at the ball. Hawthorn's been that way all year, so the step up in intensity is not as jarring for them.

You can often pick the umpiring outcome just by the names on the team-sheet. Some teams get the "rub of the green", others don't. Same with individual players. Some teams respond really well to "interfering" umpiring, others prefer to be given the latitude to just play.

I genuinely believe it's why Hawthorn is continually so much better in finals than H&A. The best umpires are there, they step back and have a better feel for the game. Opposition teams suddenly lose their umpiring advantage, and have to be harder at the ball. Hawthorn's been that way all year, so the step up in intensity is not as jarring for them.
Except the year the dogs won

I can handle a few wrong decisions throughout most of the games, We’ll have games where we get a few bad ones, and a few where we get the rub of the green. But the weekend was just diabolical, 3 match turning decisions which were all wrong, the first qtr it was 10-1 frees their way. every 50/50 payed to them, everything against us. This game and round 23 last year are the only games I’ve felt like the game was completely scripted. Luckily last year we were too good for the swans, but this time round it cost us the game. I’m of the belief that if even just the jaeger free isn’t given, we win that game. Was a complete momentum killer

This should put the free kick Hawthorn thing to rest:
View attachment 647099
Interesting that 6 of the top 7 have the colour blue as the dominant strip colour. Wonder if there is a psychological reason for this (and whether we should reintroduce our blue diamond away jumper....).

Commiserations on the loss.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the match. In case you missed one of these posts from the 2nd half of last season, this is an overall summary of how often players started as one of your 5 mids at centre bounces. I'll be posting these after all of Hawthorn's FTA matches.

Overall Summary -31 Bounces

O'Meara 27
Worpel 23
Cousins 22 (2w)
Henderson 21 wing
Scully 21 wing
Smith 16 wing (2i)
Shiels (inj) 11
Burgoyne (inj) 5
Morrison 4 wing
Roughead 2
Breust 2
Puopolo 1

Rucks:

McEvoy 21 (English 24)
Ceglar 10 (Schache 7)

1st Half - 12

O'Meara 11
Shiels 11
Henderson 9 wing
Scully 8 wing
Worpel 7
Smith 7 wing
Cousins 6
Burgoyne 1

McEvoy 10
Ceglar 2

2nd Half - 19

O'Meara 16
Worpel 16
Cousins 16 (2w)
Scully 13 wing
Henderson 12 wing
Smith 9 wing (2i)
Burgoyne 4
Morrison 4 wing
Roughead 2
Breust 2
Puopolo 1

McEvoy 11
Ceglar 8

Just watched the second half again. We werent bad but chasing tail a lot in final quarter.

Centre bounce after the free against Sicily shows doggies player catching Sicily high with back of forearm. Not much force but still high and off the ball. Probably the same umpire

Of course no action

But Bulldogs’ flag 2016 including semi vs us

I also saw Durea give Gunner a couple of drive by rib ticklers while Gunston was marking.
What angry pills are they feeding him.

Probably enjoying doing that s**t without being pinged as a hawks player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fact of the matter is we had plenty of chances to finish them off in the first 5 mins of the last quarter but couldn't do it. Gave em a sniff, and rest is history. Ridiculous blaming the umpires. 100% our own doing.

Fact of the matter is we had plenty of chances to finish them off in the first 5 mins of the last quarter but couldn't do it. Gave em a sniff, and rest is history. Ridiculous blaming the umpires. 100% our own doing.
But they sure as hell help them along the way.

Ive said this about games before, but as you said. we failed to score gettable attempts and due to fatigue the dogs were able to go end to end. In the end centre bounces went with the momentum. Had we maintained our momentum, the centre bounce momentum could well have gone our way

Yeah and they said the O'Meara and Sicily ones were correct. I don't think they were, or at least I hope they aren't the new standard. The Worpel one was definitely there according to the rules though.

I think they got it exactly backwards.

So, mate, what’s your analysis of the Bulldogs free kicks this week?

What happened today, spent all the money last week, nothing left in the kitty?

Far cough.

I know it makes me petty and a smaller man in many ways but I am death riding the dogs all season after last week. Sensational effort from the Suns today

Yup. Will give my dog supporting colleague an absolute earful tomorrow after last week. Yes I know this makes me petty, ha!

So, mate, what’s your analysis of the Bulldogs free kicks this week?

What happened today, spent all the money last week, nothing left in the kitty?

Far cough.

Yep the umps gifted us a 50 point turnaround, awful wasn't it?

You blokes can stop quoting me now, time to move on

Yep the umps gifted us a 50 point turnaround, awful wasn't it?

You blokes can stop quoting me now, time to move on

There’s no money in Footiscray to bribe umpires, mate, next time use the yakuzi.

24-7 free kick count!

And still stuff up.

Hey Abasi, you're right the AFL have no beef with the Hawks

View attachment 645523

View attachment 645525
Tinfoilhat.jpg
Abasi when you have 95% of our board and then oppo supporters coming on and saying we were stitched up by the umpires it's really time to pull your head out of the sand.
It's not about whether we got stitched up today. We did.

It's about whether there is a top down conspiracy where AFL executives are directing the football media, umpires and canteen ladies to do anything they can to stop Hawthorn. There isn't.
Stop posting dumb ****, please.

Umpires make mistakes in every game and there’s always a cost....this doesn’t mean they are acting out an “AFL narrative” against your club.

Jeff Kennett said:
I can’t help but think they must sit around the table at the AFL trying to think of ways to weaken our club. Or is it just part of their continuing campaign to drive us out of Tasmania?
btw, Jeff asked to borrow my tin foil hat

btw, Jeff asked to borrow my tin foil hat
Derp.

Jeff is talking about fixturing, not umpiring.

If you really think the AFL direct umpires what free kicks to pay, feel free, but it’s batshit crazy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back