Autopsy Hawks fall short against the Swans - Rd 8 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

To have Papley pull that crap and noone stand up, this team is rooted.
What do you want? Chip stood upand the maggots penalised him.

We were s**t but the umpiring was atrocious.

The last play summed it uo. Should of been a throw in inside 50, not called. Then a s**t sliding freethena 50for imnot sure what.

The papley freeby broke us

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

No aerial presence - Mitch Lewis is a ghost who goes the easy soft bump instead of the tackle every week I've seen him do it..

Strattons kick across half back in the last..

Two many one dimensional mids who can't kick.

Players are bereft of confidence.

I have faith it'll turn but right now it's a mess.

I posted this after the loss to Melbourne last week, and was criticised.

Who wants to have another crack today?

“I’m not sure of their respective contract situations, but I have no problem with the following hanging up their boots come November:

Frawley
Burgoyne (one season too many unfortunately)
Henderson
Stratton
Puopolo
Scully
Smith

Inject more youth and start building the team to seriously challenge in 2023”

OK.

So Swans had nine under 21 today and the scoreboard was flattering to us. Our best 22 is missing, Impey, O'Brien? Patton? (yuck, yuck).

14-16 our last 30. Yet again, what. the. *.more. does Clarko and others need here???

Beaten by an undermanned rabble and again absolutely screwed by umpires. More than just a few things not right at our footy club atm. No composure, very average skills, and no one willing to get dirty and change it. Mitchell copping it all day and no one standing up to help him. Players playing like “if I’m only getting 60% pay I’m only giving 60% effort”.

A lot of debate last year as to whether we would remain a middle of the road side or genuinely challenge (some on here even thought we should ignore all of our losses and ladder position last year and that we weren’t even a mid-ladder side but a top side).

There is no doubt now that we are not a contender. We are also no longer a mid ladder side. We are a poor side that will finish in the bottom quarter of the ladder.

Rest of the year must be for development. I am worried the club does not agree and we will be subjected to more and more of this.

Swans are a young and undermanned side with one star in Papley, who tore us to shreds. As bad as we were we had many opportunities to win it late and squandered them like a poor side does.

Our midfield of Mitchell Jaeger Worpel Shiels and Scully is as ineffective as any in the comp, including Adelaide. Those players do not have an impact at the moment

The only two guys we have who can impact games are Sicily and Wingard. The latter is painfully inconsistent and has not fired a shot since he left Melbourne a month ago

Sicily should be captain next year

Flopley goal hurt in the end on the scoreboard.

But Lewis is a shadow of his 2029 self. Just struggles to have any impact at all. Needs some time in the twos, I'm happy for us to bring in a young kid who just wants to do the best he can and has no fear. Scully kicks sky balls with every disposal,Smith flat out refuses to tackle, constantly bumping when it's not the right decision.

There's a lot of improvement to have which is a good thing.

Impey in next week, pop Sicily forward as he can actually read the flight and make a contest.

Lewis's problem is there is no 2's this year. Otherwise he would have a run there for a few games and get some confidence and fitness back

We are awfully low on confidence. We came out looking very good, and our pressure in the first half was he best I’d seen since the tigers game.

After the Paple double goal, our shoulders slumped, stopped running, and completely gave up. We were awful.

Who knows what is happening behind the scene, particularly with the hub stuff. But this year is cooked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

let's face it we didn't deserve to win.We are playing such uninspiring and dumb footy. What's wrong with all of our coaches obviously the instructions is not getting through to them.

Just take the game on and come down through the middle like Sydney did instead we just go down the line all the time.
Have seen enough of Minchington, Brooksby, Stratton, Mitch Lewis just can't get the ball....time to play all of our young ones bottom out and inject with some low draft picks.

Might think twice watching next week. Whats the point?. Love the Hawks but we’re putrid and worse still, another rogering from the umpires. Week after week. My nerves can’t handle this sh*t.
You sound like my 5 year old.

Whats the point lol. Something about riding bumps etc etc

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I don’t disagree BUT...

The way Rampe used the football today - on angles to open up attacking options in the corridor - shows how pointless Sicily’s dump kick down the line can be. He needs to become more creative and offensive by foot. Dumping the ball 50m down the same wing invariably results in the ball coming back again.

Every player in our team does that.

The good
Sicily - had a crack. Needed to go forward at 3/4 time
JOM great first half
Mitchell, Shiels and Worpel much better

The bad
Burgoyne - nice goal but so many mistakes. Needs to call time
Lack of effort and heart from the recycled players Scully, Wingard Minchington and the new guy
Morris so far from ready. Prefer Cousins.

The ugly
General decision making and execution
Stratton giving away the last 50. Worst captain in living memory.
Mitch Lewis - perhaps the least effective four games from a Hawthorn player I can remember. I know the cupboard is bare but we need to rejig. Perhaps Sicily forward until TOB or Patton are fit.

What a horrible arvo.

Thought scully was alright honestly, maybe Hendo out will help him going forward.

Anyway, were having a rough year, down on confidence. No point sooking about it, let's play some kids and head to the draft and regear for the upcoming seasons.

We still have 2013-15 so can't be too upset all things considered.

In a close game in the wet some of those decisions just killed us.
Parker gets a soft free in front of goal.
In the second Parker throws the ball to a team mate, papley goes for a speck and doesn’t touch the ball then 37 for them kicks a goal.
Then that gift to Papley before half time.

Gets harder and harder to find the positives each week. I guess you could say everyone is playing like s**t, so there is lots of upside. Nah, I've got nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back