Autopsy Hawks fall short against the Swans - Rd 8 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes. It was not that long ago Swans began a year at something like 1 and 7 (cant remember exactly but you get the idea). But every time the Hawks have a slump the press go after Clarkson like nothing else.

This year is incredibly tough for a lot of people across society, and this footy season is train wreck that is being strung together by Gill to try and keep AFL "trading" and part of peoples lives until it can run again under more "normal" conditions. I am not suggesting the football department doesn't have many issues to fix - most notably playing footy without any confidence and with a constant fear of making a mistake. But 2020 is not the year to panic and put pressure on the 4 time premiership coach.

We pretty bad at the moment, but I am confident the club will be seeing the year for what it is, and will be thinking about next year.

Maybe Thursday night we can beat the blues. Go Hawks.
Sums up how see the season as well. Nicely put. I trust the club to not do anything rash.

I don't mind Frawley standing up for a team mate, I don't think we do that enough currently. I also don't mind Papley going down for it either, Frawley put his shoulder into his spine.. If that was Puopolo in 2015 we'd all be praising him for creating two goals out of nothing.
We had hawks supporters wanting our players to knock out Papley whilst simultaneously cursing Frawley for undiscipline. I thought it was good to see, and wish we'd seen a little more passion from the players.

I got shot down last season when I suggested exactly what you just did. My suggestion was after the unforeseen season ending injury to Mitchell and our poor start to the year. The focus way back then should have been on developing our youth with an eye on the kids that went pick 1 & 2 in the draft.
Our end of year form was a false economy , played well when the pressure was off and likely beat a few sides who were looking beyond us at finals.

There always seems to be a team each season who finish all guns blazing , expectations rise for the following season and then they falter the next season .
We are that side for season 2019/2020

It's less about taking them on and more diverting attention. He is heaping a lot of the pressure on to himself to take it away from the players.
I think its exactly what he is doing .......I didnt like him saying it and still dont mind you , probably a better way to do it

I think its exactly what he is doing .......I didnt like him saying it and still dont mind you , probably a better way to do it
Yeah i would rather we just bunker down and get things on the up and up internally but i can see where he is coming from.

What are they trying to claim Burgoyne did wrong?

It was the perfect tackle.

Is it because he took him to ground? If so, his body hit the ground. Makes no difference if his head was near the ground as long as his body hits first. A player is trained to turn and tip an upright player when tackling them to ground. There's nothing a coach could correct about that.

So again, what are they trying to claim he did wrong?

Regardless, Clarko is the club. He is Hawthorn. Like it or not, he will be walking out on his own terms.
Biggest lesson I've learned from 30+ years of footy is that nobody is bigger than the club and the club always comes first.

Not suggesting I want Clarko to leave by any means! However giving him complete control to do whatever he likes merely invites another Sheedy situation.
Its been 15 years since the Scum have won a final without him, and that's not a coincidence.

We are the Hawthorn Football Club. Not the Alastair Clarkson football club.

This reflects everything wrong right now.

No one would mouth off and carry on like Papley did to Hawthorn previously, cause they’d be fearful and respectful.

And they’d be leaving the field on a stretcher if they even tried.

Now no one is intimidated cause why would they be with how we’re playing and they know we will let them get away with that carry on without consequence.

Embarrassing.

Papleys comment should be printed up and around Waverley all week.

Is it because he took him to ground? If so, his body hit the ground. Makes no difference if his head was near the ground as long as his body hits first. A player is trained to turn and tip an upright player when tackling them to ground. There's nothing a coach could correct about that.

Mate. Seriously who gives a flying dog turd.

Don't worry about it. It is the Hawthorn way. Ask John Kennedy what he really thinks of Hawthorns treatment in the 1975 GF - He VOWED it would NOT happen next year.

We actually sell advertisement space and the media know it. Look at our GF attendance records.

It hardens our player who can handle it, so when we get to the big dance win effing win because we play the ball.

If the Handbags in 89 had of not got sucked in about how tough we are, suck it Blight you fool, and played the actual ball we would have lost. But thanks to the same media idiots Blight got sucked in thinking that the way to beat us was go the man because "apparantely" that's what we did........

Let the fools fool the foolish. The latest bunch of Premiership coaches haven't been fooled. Who all came from where?

Our end of year form was a false economy , played well when the pressure was off and likely beat a few sides who were looking beyond us at finals.

There always seems to be a team each season who finish all guns blazing , expectations rise for the following season and then they falter the next season .
We are that side for season 2019/2020
I sort of agree. Our form at the end of last season was more to do with just us playing the game relaxed / naturally rather than being so structure driven. We took risks with the way we played because we really had nothing to lose. Teams like West Coast still had something to lose (ie ladder position) which inevitably ended up costing them a home final. You could definitely see that West Coast weren’t playing like a relaxed team like us but more so a bunch of guys that knew they had finals sewn up and just didn’t want to get any injuries. I guess you could say the same about GWS as well.

In regards to the HFC right now though I really just think that after the last 3-4 weeks the confidence in our structures / game plan has totally disappeared to the point where all the players looking ordinary.

He got off last time is what he did wrong. They still want him to pay. Knuckle draggers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rewarding Papley for behaviour everyone and his dog said should be removed from the game just one year ago is a sad reflection on how fickle our game is
I'd love to know if behind closed doors Frawley got a spray from Clarko for putting Papley on his arse or rather a pat on the back. I suggest the latter.

Langford had one good season as well.

I think Langford has half a good season and his best wasn’t close to what Worpel produced.

Let’s forget the Papley rubbish....He destroyed us and won them the game. That should be enough for us to stop talking about him.

Who cares what Pridham and Horse think about Clarko? Who da Feck really cares???

Clarko is on the edge at the minute. I want him channeling that anger and disappointment into our own players and and our own game style and forget the umpires and opposition players .

I was green with envy. Young kids taking a risk and trying to find a way to score.

Exactly - I’d rather see that than veterans bowling over opposition short people na d a weak display and handing them another 6 points.

Who do you think is laughing today? Papley or Frawley?

That’s not tough or intimidating, it’s rubbish.

Claiming it was a sling tackle. Doesn’t look great but the MRP have been all over the shop on that one this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back