Autopsy Hawks flog Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

He,ll be back , poppy too. We have some depth Clarko,s plans are a work in progress since 2016!

Some things falling into place, Mira great, Frawley fine up front.

Do not under estimate North Melbourne. We have to be on our toes

Yep Melbourne were very very poor on every level after 1/4 time. Was at game and finishing watching replay now, not getting too confident from that win. We were good, but hard to tell how good as Demons offered little resistance. They stunk it up.

Typical media. I rarely watch 360, but I tuned in tonight to see what they are saying about the Hawks. Nothing. It's not about how good we were, it's about how bad Melbourne were. I don't know why I bother with the media.
Hardly a word has been spoken about the hawks but its like losing to us means u are the shittest team on earth. Nah i get what they mean, im sure all us expected a lot more from the Ds, i certainly had them pushing top 6, very disappointing. We just keep flying under the radar, its a good thing :)

The most impressive part of that goal is to see where he starts his run as Sicily unloads.
Easily put metres on 5 of them. V promising, was out at waverly today looking for a number 10 for my daughter :D

The most impressive part of that goal is to see where he starts his run as Sicily unloads.

It was like a 20m start at the Stawell gift. Would have been 8 players in front of him.

Lewis should have grabbed his jumper at the 50m line. Free kick was the only way to stop him.

Shame we are too old and too slow.

Enjoy watching Glass play. Reckon he has a few tricks we have yet to see. Excellent football brain.

Crikey,a year to the month after landing in Oz to take our game on he was playing at AFL level.
Still 20 and less than 2 years Aussie Rules experience.

Comes from the same Ulster area as my families' sept. Derry (and Down).

so, i dont have foxtel, so can anyone update me on how slobbo turned this win into his weekly "hawks are undeserving" rant?
By going on about how bad Melbourne were, didn't even talk about how the hawks changed things around at quarter time, no mention of the multi head monster that our mids are becoming, focus on one the others will get you. Not much if any credit was given to the hawks and the focus was all about the dees. Lacked balance regardless of how bad Melbourne stunk it up.

Expected.

Last edited:
Is this what selling the farm looks like?

This is a great post.

Selling the farm indeed. Couldn't believe all the nonsense we got about paying too many points for him, paying over the odds, not getting value and all that crap.
And then the following stuff about the fact that he'd never regain his pace, especially last year with his further setback.

His sprint in that classic footage was devastating - outsprinting 4 Demons by 4 meters or so.
Not to mention his pure class in controlling the ball, keeping his balance and finishing with the goal.

Yeah, wish we hadn't give up that second draft pick as well........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O’Brien proving he’s a better forward option than Schoenmakers.
After 1 game?
In 6 years?
Against Melbourne?

Oh that’s right, he had a break out game against Melbourne last year too

Shoenmakers ain’t no star, but he is way more consistent

Enjoy watching Glass play. Reckon he has a few tricks we have yet to see. Excellent football brain.

Crikey,a year to the month after landing in Oz to take our game on he was playing at AFL level.
Still 20 and less than 2 years Aussie Rules experience.

Comes from the same Ulster area as my families' sept. Derry (and Down).

Yeh, thinking the exact same as I watch him playing....still working within parameters he's sure of are 'coach approved', but I've got a feeling he could take some chances on picking it up off the deck and sprinting in a change of direction that will take our breath away when the confidence is there.
He just doesn't look surprised or nervous to see it bouncing around on the grass, keeps tracking it and times it well to attack, doesn't get done in by the weird shaped ball's bounces.
He's going to explode one of these games and were all going to go 'whoa', what have we got on our hands with this terrific young man!!!!

Jimmy Bartel's match-day comments were spot on - Hawks played much, much smarter wet-weather football, both with and without the ball.

That comes down to having both the footballers with the match-sense to work that out for themselves, and a coach to communicate it if they can't.

Luckily, we have both

Impressed with the composure of Harry Morrison yesterday. He’s been talked up in here a fair bit (which I thought was a bit premature) but he is obviously rated by the coaching staff. He was deployed as a loose man at one stage when Melbourne put their wingers in defence and was generally very clean with the ball despite the conditions and wasn’t easily brushed aside. Even took a kick in at one stage! Lots to look forward to, he will keep his spot you’d think with the injuries to Rioli and Puopolo which will mean Impey plays a bit more forward.
One soldier down another steps up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back