Hawks in SA 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeepers. You've had a worse day at the footy here than I have ever had (I've lived here for all my 40 years!).

Where were you sitting? the hill in front of the Carlton Draught umbrellas? We were standing toward the back and had some casual banter with some pretty excited Port nuffies when they started raining goals but nothing approaching throwing beers. Wouldnt have thought they could afford throwing $7 cans... :)

Yeah just wasn't our day haha We sat up directly behind those umbrellas for a little bit but then moved on after the beer pour. Young fella wondered towards the goals where the Port supporters group were too! I guess i went off and judged "SA footy experiences" by the actions of about 4-5 w***ers, and won't let it deter me from going to the other two games, but i think i'll just be a bit more prepared and not take the young fella. I grew up in Darwin so am used to a bit of drama at the footy (TIO Stadium was a beauty for that stuff) , but i guess it just shocked me getting crap like that at a JLT game that meant nothing

Perth is even worse haha
Dockers games are good for a bit of friendly banter.
The old grumpy Eagles supporters are something else though. Only other place that I've felt so much open hostility was when I wore a Rockets jersey to a Clippers game in LA.

Didn't dare say anything back to the hordes of people getting in my face, telling me to go home and bad the Rockets were because I didn't know who did and didn't have a gun LOL

Didn't dare say anything back to the hordes of people getting in my face, telling me to go home and bad the Rockets were because I didn't know who did and didn't have a gun LOL

The thing is, the hordes you mention also wouldn't have known if you were or weren't packing yourself. (and I mean 'packing' in the American sense, not the 'fill your own underpants' Australian version)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back