Hawks Intraclub...How did these guys go...?

Remove this Banner Ad

figjams95

Debutant
Dec 15, 2001
Norlane, Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
For those of you who attended the hawks intraclub game fri, could u gives us an insight into how young Campbell went? Hear Rhen played quite well and who were the better midfielders?

Interested in players Johnson, Greene, Bowyer, Ries, in particular...

If anyone knows, would appreciate the info...

Cheers...Peter

Cambo played mainly at full back on Thommo and I think the club would now content themselves with the fact that the boy is NOT a FB ! Purely an experiment as they had Loater rucking against rehnny all day ......both guys did well at times.

Johnno was just a game but spent a lot of time on a flank.

Greeney was OK , lots of running as usual but seemed intent to kick on his right foot a lot...crook leftie or just trying to improve his right ??? Interestingly Rick Ladson played on him and surprised with his ability to keep up reasonably well with Greeney's ground coverage.

Glenny Bowyer is still in the final stages of rehab and missed the game along with Jonny Hay , Dicko , Hazer , Twig , Changa , Hodgey and Woodsey.

Riesy covered a lot of ground and gave his usual magnificent second efforts without really standing out. Importantly , he said after the game that his knee felt really good.

Better midfielders were Minna , Clarkey , Harf , Elstone and Lekkas.

Butch was his usual self, good tackling, pressure running hard.

Looked very very fit (as always) and even seemed to kick with a bit of poise and (dare I say it) polish!! :D

Very much looked 'as you were' from last season.

Hope thats a help.

The paper said the game was Fast. I didn't see it but that seems consistent with the training I saw in the last month. Is the report correct ? If so then upcoming game against the Roos could be the game of the wizard cup. I hear Pagan is intent on the kangas winning the trophy

Yea Pess, the report you read sounds fairly accurate.

Hell of a lot of running done with a look of 'keep it moving' type footy being played.

Fair change from the last few seasons of hold it hold it hold it hold it hold it...... hold it some more then look for a chip pass and hold it again.

Maybe that finals series were we actually took people on (and WON) might have convinced the head honchos that the team they look to be building (Clarke, Ries, Greene, A.Cox, Smith etc) as a running brigade is ready.

If they really need convincing of assigning the hold at all costs game to the history bin, just look at the Crawford to Hay to Misiti to Essendon goal in last years Prelim to see which method works for the side better. (Chris, we GOTTA stop punishing ourselves this way... there are other more fun ways to do that .... oops not here....).

Originally posted by Pessimistic
The paper said the game was Fast. I didn't see it but that seems consistent with the training I saw in the last month. Is the report correct ? If so then upcoming game against the Roos could be the game of the wizard cup. I hear Pagan is intent on the kangas winning the trophy

Maybe it will be- coz the Hawks are in the best form they have been in for a long time are they not? And they also have a stronger midfield now dont they?

And well I know all the Roos are keen- the boys are all keen to make a menze for last years missing hte finals I think- and Carey is very keen to have a good year. Plus there would be quite a few youngsters who would want to prove themselves (and quite a few who look very promising- Jones I am sure will cement a spot this year. MotlopJNR prob will but he apparently has OP at the moment so will be out for about 6 weeks- about the start of the season will be when he returns I think- and I think he is gonna be a star- Harding sounds good. Crowe has a great build for a young guy and is a bit of a ready made player apparently! I havent seen him play tho. And there are many others out to prove their points and cement a spot)

Alot of them will get a go next week I think- I hope to see the following on the field next week to play the hawks:
Jones, Corey (Hes a very promising young guy- with alot of talent- and started to step up after a couple of games- hopefully he can step up a lil more and cement a spot)
Crowe, Rod (Apart from being majorly hot- this young guy has a great build for his age and if he is anything like Archer he has to be good- 190cm and 90/91kg- sounds promising)
Harding,Leigh (Sounds good- has pretty good ability apparently)
Pratt, Daniel(Good midfielder/wingman aparently- I hope he is good- played well in the intra-club matches apparently- look forward to watching him)
Thats about it- I would also like to see MotlopJNR- but he's injured:(

So yeah- I think it will be a clsoe game- most of the games between Hawks and Roos have been!

Go Roos2002

Originally posted by Grendel

If they really need convincing of assigning the hold at all costs game to the history bin, just look at the Crawford to Hay to Misiti to Essendon goal in last years Prelim to see which method works for the side better. (Chris, we GOTTA stop punishing ourselves this way... there are other more fun ways to do that .... oops not here....).

Not again! :(

...and leave your bondage fetish at home please! :D

Originally posted by tashibatts

Maybe it will be- coz the Hawks are in the best form they have been in for a long time are they not? And they also have a stronger midfield now dont they?

And well I know all the Roos are keen- the boys are all keen to make a menze for last years missing hte finals I think- and Carey is very keen to have a good year. Plus there would be quite a few youngsters who would want to prove themselves (and quite a few who look very promising- Jones I am sure will cement a spot this year. MotlopJNR prob will but he apparently has OP at the moment so will be out for about 6 weeks- about the start of the season will be when he returns I think- and I think he is gonna be a star- Harding sounds good. Crowe has a great build for a young guy and is a bit of a ready made player apparently! I havent seen him play tho. And there are many others out to prove their points and cement a spot)

Alot of them will get a go next week I think- I hope to see the following on the field next week to play the hawks:
Jones, Corey (Hes a very promising young guy- with alot of talent- and started to step up after a couple of games- hopefully he can step up a lil more and cement a spot)
Crowe, Rod (Apart from being majorly hot- this young guy has a great build for his age and if he is anything like Archer he has to be good- 190cm and 90/91kg- sounds promising)
Harding,Leigh (Sounds good- has pretty good ability apparently)
Pratt, Daniel(Good midfielder/wingman aparently- I hope he is good- played well in the intra-club matches apparently- look forward to watching him)
Thats about it- I would also like to see MotlopJNR- but he's injured:(

So yeah- I think it will be a clsoe game- most of the games between Hawks and Roos have been!

Go Roos2002
Hawthorn will most likely beat the Kangaroos, Tashibitts.
From what we saw at the roos intra club match some of the players were walking around with hands on hips.
If the roos can pick up on their fitness then we will have the close match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back