List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

When we start training again can anyone speak to the club and confirm the situation with Ethan philips please? Fascinated to understand how he’s trained so far when we don’t have a spot available.
He has a contract with box hill

When we start training again can anyone speak to the club and confirm the situation with Ethan philips please? Fascinated to understand how he’s trained so far when we don’t have a spot available.
Interested to know in what scenario the club can / will pick him up in the MSD. perhaps if Wingard is moved to the LTI, but would that mean Wingard can’t play at all next year?

Interested to know in what scenario the club can / will pick him up in the MSD. perhaps if Wingard is moved to the LTI, but would that mean Wingard can’t play at all next year?
Yes I believe so as you need an open spot for the whole year otherwise what happens to wingard when available?. I was keen to understand the training part too as I thought you couldn’t even have anyone train without a spot available even if you eventually decide not to list anyone at that time.

Welcome to Hawthorn Bailey Smith.

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

We have about 6 or 7 could be good players on our list.

It will be a very interesting year player development wise.
I take it you don’t mean in total (which is why you got the reactions you did), you just mean 6 or 7 unproven players who could turn out to be good players.
I look at it differently I’m focused on who needs a big year in 2024 and who helps us the most if they do.
Big year needed
Morrison Frost CJ Meek Stephens DGB Serong Butler Mitchell Osullivan bennetts (although as cat B likely gets another year)
Helps us most of they do
CJ DGB Butler Mitchell

I take it you don’t mean in total (which is why you got the reactions you did), you just mean 6 or 7 unproven players who could turn out to be good players.
I look at it differently I’m focused on who needs a big year in 2024 and who helps us the most if they do.
Big year needed
Morrison Frost CJ Meek Stephens DGB Serong Butler Mitchell Osullivan bennetts (although as cat B likely gets another year)
Helps us most of they do
CJ DGB Butler Mitchell
I'd have Chol in there too. Doesn't have to kick 50 but rather just something close to the form he showed for GC the season before last. What I want to see from him is effort from week to week and hopefully make the forward line work more fluidly. If he does that then I reckon we win games like the 3-4 we just lost last season. A more functional forward line with more consistent avenues to goal isn't too much to ask is it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd have Chol in there too. Doesn't have to kick 50 but rather just something close to the form he showed for GC the season before last. What I want to see from him is effort from week to week and hopefully make the forward line work more fluidly. If he does that then I reckon we win games like the 3-4 we just lost last season. A more functional forward line with more consistent avenues to goal isn't too much to ask is it?
There are more players who could use a big year of course. I focused on the contractual ones who I think might not be on the list in 2025 without it. Chol has an enormous opportunity and doesn’t have to be a world beater as you say. Kick 30 goals compete and bring ball to ground and chop out ruck works nicely.

I have to say, I am LOVING the midfield core that Sammy's built - Day, Duke, Nash and Worps. Two of those are already PCM winners, one has been runner-up twice and will unquestionably win multiple PCMs before he's done. At this moment, that core is very strong, and give them a couple more years of training and playing together, it'll be a devastating inside/outside ball and clearance winning machine. We HAVE to keep them together, at all costs.

Especially Worps, as he seems the one most likely to depart. I reckon he's become underrated, because he had a couple of down years after his PCM. But his stats in '23 are pretty much as good as they were in '19. We MUST retain his services.

Faull or Shanahan would be my picks. At least one of them should be top 10 come draft day.
Here are a couple of resources on prospectives for 2024

I have to say, I am LOVING the midfield core that Sammy's built - Day, Duke, Nash and Worps. Two of those are already PCM winners, one has been runner-up twice and will unquestionably win multiple PCMs before he's done. At this moment, that core is very strong, and give them a couple more years of training and playing together, it'll be a devastating inside/outside ball and clearance winning machine. We HAVE to keep them together, at all costs.

Especially Worps, as he seems the one most likely to depart. I reckon he's become underrated, because he had a couple of down years after his PCM. But his stats in '23 are pretty much as good as they were in '19. We MUST retain his services.
I get what you are saying about worps - i really do but

Ward
McDonald
McKenzie
Weddle
Hustwaite
Mitchell
Butler
Stephens
Maginness

We really have a plethora of options if Worps feels the pull of home and land packages on offer down Bellarine way. i dont want it to happen but if it did and we cpuld use it to help us get something that we really need then i wont shed tears

I get what you are saying about worps - i really do but

Ward
McDonald
McKenzie
Weddle
Hustwaite
Mitchell
Butler
Stephens
Maginness

We really have a plethora of options if Worps feels the pull of home and land packages on offer down Bellarine way. i dont want it to happen but if it did and we cpuld use it to help us get something that we really need then i wont shed tears
Worps wont be heading back to Geelong anytime soon

Enjoys Adelaide more than going back to Bannockburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back