Injury Hawks lose another Ruckman

Remove this Banner Ad

We only have Pattison, Lowden and Grimley left. Who do you guys see as the front runner should there be another injury, Pattison or Lowden? I'll say Lowden is next in line. While he is skinny, he certainly is much quicker then Hale and far more skilled.

We only have Pattison, Lowden and Grimley left. Who do you guys see as the front runner should there be another injury, Pattison or Lowden? I'll say Lowden is next in line. While he is skinny, he certainly is much quicker then Hale and far more skilled.

I was ging to say Hodge, given he's had more time in the ruck at senior level than Lowden or Grimley, but unfortunately he's out too :(

Kinda settles the argument as to why he isn't being picked over Hale for a while...

Right.
Broc should be forcing his way on the plane to Tassie not playing in meaningless scratch matches which result in bad injuries.

The Dookie Dasher is getting close to cracking 100kg.
He's slightly taller than Max Bailey and Big Max is 103kg carrying the wrist injury.

Lowden could be a good pinch hitter in the ruck as he does a good job as Broc's relief for Box Hill.
Going to be interesting to see how Lowden goes next week against Williamstown as the #1 ruckman.

Terrible news, hopefully scans reveal that it is nothing too serious but the picture on twitter didn't look great. Should have been on the plane, not playing a meaningless practice match. Hope he can have a speedy recovery, I'm a fan of how he goes about it.

Bad news - at least we still have Hale - was it a couple of years back we played North in Tassie with no ruckmen at all?

He just did it so he was available.
Anyway how long will he be out for?

"Settles", as in "puts an end to". Whether he was or wasn't, the argument is over as he isn't now.

Not sure how long he's out but I'd hazard a guess saying it's at least 2 months recovery & maybe another few weeks getting used to playing again. Can imagine that he will be able to run for a good portion of that though - hopefully he doesn't drop too much fitness.

Lowden needs to demonstrate that he can play with mongrel. He's learning how to show aggression (in a controlled fashion) so there's hope that he'll make it as an AFL ruckman. If Hawthorn loses its way later in the season he might get some games but I think the best place for Lowden is the VFL where he can work on a few things and improve himself as a ruckman away from the limelight of senior footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Settles", as in "puts an end to". Whether he was or wasn't, the argument is over as he isn't now.

Not sure how long he's out but I'd hazard a guess saying it's at least 2 months recovery & maybe another few weeks getting used to playing again. Can imagine that he will be able to run for a good portion of that though - hopefully he doesn't drop too much fitness.
2 months. **** me. i was thinking a couple of weeks

I've done an elbow before. Tis not pleasant, there's a bunch of small bones in the elbow (off memory). I was told it can often need surgery too. Even today the elbow 'ain't right and it makes lifting certain weights difficult too.

Sad news for Broc i really was hoping he would be part of our team going forward this season.:(

But in reality it wouldn't effect our team balance any way because Clarko doesn't believe in ruck man.....

2 months. **** me. i was thinking a couple of weeks

See grizz's post above.

That's what worries me - elbows can be tricky. Plus there are so many things in the elbow that can go wrong at once...

It 'ain't. Mine swelled up to the size of an orange. It was described to me as a nest of overlaying delicate bones. In some cases, if I remember rightly, they can pin some bones. I did mine opening a beer fridge the wrong way... Difficult to explain in words, highly comic with a live demonstration though.

I did mine opening a beer fridge the wrong way...

Geez you must have been keen grizz :p

On a more serious note, terrible news for Broc, you'd have had to thought he was beginning to firm for selection, and then wham.... pretty much towels his chances for the rest of the year (if Bailey comes good) :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back