Hawks Nest

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
I posted here because I didn't want non-Hawthorn people reading this.

As a long standing Hawks supporter, I hate to criticize the club in any way, but need to get something off my chest.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced dissatisfaction with services (or lack thereof) when it comes to online purchases from the Hawks Nest.

As is my usual practice after a premiership, I always wait for about 3 weeks to order memorabilia because I tend to think they would be rushed off their feet in the first 2-3 weeks with orders, plus there may be some items that could be unavailable.

In the past, never a problem. This year, problem.

Over a month ago I placed an order online, the money was deducted on the date of the order. They said normal delivery was 7-10 working days, but due to heavy orders, make that 10-12 business days.

I waited for 4 weeks (20 business days) and heard nothing, so I sent an email to the Hawks Nest. I received no response, so I forward the email once more. Again, no response. So, I rang them.

I spoke with a young lady who was trying to be helpful. After awhile, she told me my order had not been filled because of insufficient stock. When I asked which items were out of stock, she couldn't tell me. Then I asked why I hadn't received the items that WERE available, with a promissory note that I will receive the other items when they become available.

She said to me, "Haven't you received anything at all?" I said "No". She told me she would need to contact someone else who would get back to be during the day. This was Tuesday, it is now Friday evening, I've heard nothing. I am starting to think I may as well go screw myself.

Now, for such a professional club as Hawthorn, I find this service unacceptable. I have been waiting all this time to see a replay of the Grand Final and have yet to do so. I also have no premiership memorabilia to display, and it is over 2 months since we won. I don't really care how long it takes now, and don't care if I get it at all. I would contact them and tell them to keep the money as a donation and not to bother with the goods, but they probably wouldn't read it anyway.

This has taken a bit of gloss off the premiership for me, and I was wondering if anyone else has had similar problems.

One very disappointed Hawk. Sometimes I ache for the days I was one of only 6,000 members back in the 80s.

That sucks AH ! Typical of clubs/companies that grow bigger & bigger, they tend to forget what made them successful in the beginning.

I would write a letter to Mr.Fox !

It's not just you AH.

My Mrs works near Waverly and has given up trying to acquire some premiership merchandise.

Has gone in there every fortnight since the gf to see if she can get some car stickers and a shirt but she has been curtailed by confused and incompetent staff.

Haven't had the online problems like you but have dealt with no stock and a lack of understanding about whats going on.

If you are wondering why you haven't seen premiership car stickers, its because the club haven't got them in the store to sell. Will be interesting to find out merchandise sales for the year with such a poorly run store.

Unbelievable that car stickers are a problem. You'd think you could get 10,000 of them printed and ready for sale within 24 hours.

Admittedly we won the game by 96 points, but I remember walking out of the 1988 GF and there were people selling Hawthorn premiership stickers outside the gate.

Worst thing that happened to me when ordering was not getting one of the bonus drink bottles with the away top I ordered. Amusing thing is that not long after I ordered the top.... I got the free drink bottle plus the "limited edition tin" that they pack the guernsey's in (I have 4 of them from ordering online or buying in store) during the final training session on grand final week.

I ordered some premiership loot on the Monday following the GF, it took around 24 working days to have it delivered, not the 10-12.

My emails to Hawknest went unanswered, I posted a few times in the HFC Official thread and that seemed to do the trick...

As a long standing Hawks supporter, I hate to criticize the club in any way, but need to get something off my chest.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced dissatisfaction with services (or lack thereof) when it comes to online purchases from the Hawks Nest.

As is my usual practice after a premiership, I always wait for about 3 weeks to order memorabilia because I tend to think they would be rushed off their feet in the first 2-3 weeks with orders, plus there may be some items that could be unavailable.

Over a month ago I placed an order online, the money was deducted on the date of the order. They said normal delivery was 7-10 working days, but due to heavy orders, make that 10-12 business days.

I waited for 4 weeks (20 business days) and heard nothing, so I sent an email to the Hawks Nest. I received no response, so I forward the email once more. Again, no response. So, I rang them.

I spoke with a young lady who was trying to be helpful. After awhile, she told me my order had not been filled because of insufficient stock. When I asked which items were out of stock, she couldn't tell me. Then I asked why I hadn't received the items that WERE available, with a promissory note that I will receive the other items when they become available.

She said to me, "Haven't you received anything at all?" I said "No". She told me she would need to contact someone else who would get back to be during the day. This was Tuesday, it is now Friday evening, I've heard nothing. I am starting to think I may as well go screw myself.

Now, for such a professional club as Hawthorn, I find this service unacceptable. I have been waiting all this time to see a replay of the Grand Final and have yet to do so. I also have no premiership memorabilia to display, and it is over 2 months since we won. I don't really care how long it takes now, and don't care if I get it at all. I would contact them and tell them to keep the money as a donation and not to bother with the goods, but they probably wouldn't read it anyway.

This has taken a bit of gloss off the premiership for me, and I was wondering if anyone else has had similar problems.

One very disappointed Hawk. Sometimes I ache for the days I was one of only 6,000 members back in the 80s.

Why not tag HFC Official into this thread? They're usually very helpful.

I am pleased to say I have received my items via Express Post. Many thanks t grizzlym and HFC Official for their assistance in this matter.

Worth the wait :)

Pleasure.

Sometimes I think the problems are not entirely the clubs fault.

For example, a few years ago I changed the credit card I originally provided for my membership auto-renewal. Every year I get an email saying my "Account is Overdue". I find such terminology quite insulting, particularly when membership is voluntary. Every year I send a message back to the club about it and receive a reply that it is Ticketek's system sending the message. Still getting the messages and no action taken to change the wording. Sometimes I feel like telling them to stick the membership up their arse, but then I would be without my scarf.:(

Must be difficult to service 60,000 people through one outlet. Just imagine what it takes to collate membership packages, package them up and send them out.

Disappointing to hear.
Not trying to make excuses but I think much of the membership stuff is outsourced to an overseas mailhouse.
Hawks Nest the staff are probably part time or casual and probably under resourced. Possibly volunteers also helping.

Disappointing to hear.
Not trying to make excuses but I think much of the membership stuff is outsourced to an overseas mailhouse.
Hawks Nest the staff are probably part time or casual and probably under resourced. Possibly volunteers also helping.

Membership packs are put together in China. If you have a PO box as your mailing list it takes even longer to receive it than a normal street address, as China treats PO boxes as lower class mail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Mate i've experienced similar problems bought a couple of items as a present for a member who was struggling 8 weeks ago and she still hasn't received it albie

Lets hope its not a sign of success malaise which was last seen in 93-96 and nearly ended in the loss of a footy club.

I must admit when you hear this kind of thing and also the club wants to spend $50 mill moving out of what seems to us perfectly good training facilities you do get a deja vu kind of feeling

Cant they augment the current facility with timeshare at other facilities ? Buy a bus to get there if need be, but those can be rented too. Seems a bit crazy investing big if the facility is outgrown in ten years like we are told waverley is

Its not good enough yes. But u cant really expect the poor workers at hawks nest to know the hold up problems in the production line, being it not enough stock ordered. made, problems with delivery, discontinued items etc. Depending on there ordering system they are probably mostly in the dark about those things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back