News Welcome to Hawthorn Tyrone Vickery's cats!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene Simmons

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2007
Melbourne Rock City
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Makes sense.

Has the tools, but hasn't exactly used them well.

Monky and Clarko's new project.

Hale 2.0.

And if you hear any flogs mouthing off about FA, just remind them that we lost our best forward to serious illness this year, so we're entitled to replace him during the FA period.

Last edited:

Geez Louise, this is like the Tigers site!

Not a great ruckman but can be a good mark on the lead and a reliable shot for goal. Could be serviceable. I thought that he showed good endeavour in the first 3 quarters of the almost win against the Cats. Of course would have preferred Lobb but he may be about 400k dearer. Could be good value.

I don't get the violent hatred. Guy has a lot of good attributes, seems healthy and, hopefully, won't break the bank. Rather him than recycled rucks such as Wicks or Zac Clarke. Also remember that Fitzpatrick had an extended period out with concussion issues and can't be relied on every week. It appears that our brains trust consider we are still contenders in the next few years and are prepared to bring in recycled players to fill specific needs. An interesting trade period for us this year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 200cm forward who can mark and kick crash packs for our smalls and pinch hit in the ruck whilst Cegs and Rough won't be playing next year, comes cheap and has a bit of mongrel too. A better forward option than Cegs and BB combined. This certainly represents great value and I'll take this every day of the week. I certainly have the utmost faith in GW, Clarko as well as our culture and systems to turn him into a solid player at the very least. Great start to the trade period, now onto JOM and TOM and whatever else and we are sweet

A lot of fans will whinge about this on here, but then a lot of our fans whinged about us getting Burgoyne & Lake at the time also. With Roughead no certainty to ever play again, this guy is the best available forward/ ruck we could obtain so it makes sense.

Change of scenery can make all the difference. Posters said negative things about Fitzy, Hale and Burgoyne. In Graham Wright I trust.
I recall even Frawley had many doubters particularly with his disposal. But we can all see that he has come good. Perhaps that's all Vikery needs is a new club.

If he stops being lazy defensively then he may be a useful contributor going forward. At the moment his defensive pressure and willingness to chase goes against what we demand from our forwards. I've watched a fair amount of Tigers games and he is such a frustrating player, lacks second efforts and doesn't have a great deal of flexibility to his game.

I dont doubt our recruiters however, and if they think they can turn him into a proper player then I'll back them in. His first preseason will be a wake up call when he realises he is expected to run both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back