News Welcome to Hawthorn Tyrone Vickery's cats!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can be tricky to find time to get away together when you are both professional athletes. When they got married last year Arina had to play in the Australian Open playoff final on the morning of her wedding! (I only know this because I follow tennis as well).

Your sentiments may be correct though, I suspect Ty is ready to leave the Tigers.

Players go to B&F's. If not, they're wanting out.

So....if Hawthorn put an offer forward and Richmond matches......we go into trade negotiations.
If trade negotiations fail, is Vickery forced to accept Richmonds offer.
If he doesn't accept their offer, does he become a delisted FA and walks straight to us....?

So....if Hawthorn put an offer forward and Richmond matches......we go into trade negotiations.
If he doesn't accept their offer, does he become a delisted FA and walks straight to us....?
If Richmond match then Vickery can remain unsigned in a sort of limbo status while a trade deal is worked out. If a trade deal can't/won't be made then Vickery can either stay at Richmond on the terms of the matched contract or he can flip off the tigers and walk into the PSD where he can nominate his own contract terms and pray to Burton that he gets drafted by us.

Goes into the draft

Richmond will not match. They haven't even got an offer on the table. They have only just woken up that they will be getting a lot less in compensation that what they thought they may have. Which tells you a lot about that club.

If $350/ year for 3 years is true, they will be getting an end of 3rd rounder at best. Isn't that what Young got from Collingwood and we got peanuts.

Richmond will not match. They haven't even got an offer on the table. They have only just woken up that they will be getting a lot less in compensation that what they thought they may have. Which tells you a lot about that club.

If $350/ year for 3 years is true, they will be getting an end of 3rd rounder at best. Isn't that what Young got from Collingwood and we got peanuts.
Richmond don't want him, they just want to force a trade cause they will likely get jack from FA compo. Problem is Hawthorn can just tell Richmond that they are not not going to trade for him and will move on to other options.

If Richmond match then Vickery can remain unsigned in a sort of limbo status while a trade deal is worked out. If a trade deal can't/won't be made then Vickery can either stay at Richmond on the terms of the matched contract or he can flip off the tigers and walk into the PSD where he can nominate his own contract terms and pray to Burton that he gets drafted by us.
Lol ....nice zinger .

is he any better than shoenmakers ? if so what shoey role next yr..
we missed a tall target all yr the 2 ruckmen just couldn't cove the role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schoey might be cooked me thinks.
nah.give him a injury free season and a solid preseason to get up and about for the start of 2017. I think maybe we were forced to put him in with the absence of Roughy. If we had Roughy i reckon we'd have gave him more match fitness before coming into the seniors.

Schoey might be cooked me thinks.

Alright this probably isn't the place to post it but Dermet Brereton made some interesting comments on Shoe.

Originally said that he though he had a shocker of a game and would be very surprised if he stayed in the Hawthorn side next year despite being a valuable structural player.

He then said he went back and watched the tapes of the match, particularly for Shoenmakers. Do you know how many times our boys kicked to Shoenmakers for the whole game? 6 times. Do you know during how many of those times he was 2 v 1? 3 times.

Brereton also remaked that Shoenmakers was getting to the right spots to be utilised but because our players were being so rushed by players like Libratore literally cannoning into the contest that they didn't lower their eyes and utilise the link player. As a result while Shoe had a quiet night, he said that what he originally thought was a shocker was Shoe just not being utilised coupled with our diminished number of forward 50 entrie.

I think Shoe will benefit more from having another key power forward available. He's always been good taking the second defender and becoming a link player, but taking the first defender and physically imposing himself has never been what Shoe was good at.

If the Hawks don't want to part with a pick but will trade a player, lets see what happens. End game being that we get something for him thats fair.

Not at all, trying to put forward a reasonable equitable deal. Your team put the offer to Ty so it needs to be thrashed out.

I'm not sure what Richmond supporters are failing to grasp here.

If Richmond match, Hawthorn will not trade. The only reason I imagine we are going after him, is because we can get him for free. If we have to trade for him, its not appealing anymore.

We have far more important players in O'Meara and Mitchell to trade for. All of our tradable assets will be going to Gold Coast and Sydney. Not to Richmond.

The truth of the matter is that either way, if he stays at the tigers or leaves for the Hawks, Vickery will get a fresh start next year, With 5 new assistant coaches and Balme involved, Vickery will get a chance to start afresh at Richmond.

Rearranging deck chairs is what springs to mind.

I don't know if you've ever worked in a job for more than 5 years, but if you have you know that while it's great to have fresh faces/meet new people which can change your perspective on things, at the end of the day your still in the same environment. Tell me, has all the changes the Tigers have gone through in the past 30 years got you closer to winning a premiership? No. This current period of instability you've just gone through with the board challenge and sackings has been the status quo.

If he wants a completely fresh start he can only get that at Hawthorn. Don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise.

Good work there Misty, you keep making out that he is a solid contributor week in week out and see if you can find that he has a heap of tricks outside of his run, keep the good story going while wrighty and I see what we can get for him.;)

Seriously I think he is one we can entertain moving for the right price.

Totally agree - only reason to keep Billy on the list is for the GF sprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back