News Hawks' 'punchline' ready to prove he's no joke

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think Lewis will be best 22 next year just yet. If he can play 5-10 games in 2019 that will be a huge pass mark.
I think he will be depending on Shoey's form, his only other rivial would be Nash and they don't play the same role( assuming Brand and TOB are set in defense) either way I'm just super excited about his potential. Tampered off at the end of the VFL season but he's got the goods

Love the commitment of the guy, the only tiny knock would be I hope he doesn't over-do the workrate. He is still growing into a big frame and I wouldn't want it to break down at any point

Will definitely be in line for more senior footy next year and with Rough coming to the end, his development is super important

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need him to work as hard as he can to get himself ready to play regular senior footy. Beyond that - it takes as long as it takes and I'd guess 2020 is the year he becomes a regular. Hope to see him play a few games next year of course, but I think realistic expectations help and then we can all be even happier if he exceeds them.

Gunston is the only tall forward who should be guaranteed a spot next year. Rough to play as a guide to his successor but nash, Lewis and gunston should be the plan for 2020 - 2024 when gunston would be finishing up.

I really like reading about how driven he is.

Can’t wait to see him in 2019.
He has to be driven, one of our recruits is called walker, so that mode of transport is already taken.

Huge commitment he has made and I really hope we see him find a regular spot next year. For him to forego a holiday to try and fast track his development physically speaks volume of his willingness to make it in the big time. Was super impressed with his progress this season and I really hope he continues to build and can have a long and successful career. We are desperate for a strong KPF to replace Roughie and he has shown this season that he has the attributes required.

Grumble, things must be quiet in Tully 'cause that was a really lame joke.
I am not actually in Tully anymore but have been too lazy to change my location.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back