Autopsy Hawks snuff out the Power - Rd 11, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpires needed to assert themselves more, maybe pay a few more frees, or even a 50m penalty here and there.
Agree. In the old days an ump would pick out a free to clear congestion. If they did this more often there would be less advantage sending numbers to the ball. It would stop the rolling maul and get the players to spread more. I'm sure it had this effect in the Hawk's/Power game.

There should be lots more frees for incorrect disposal, holding the man and in the back imho.

Just wanted to say, did anyone see a Port player standing on I think it was Ceglar's leg when he was on the ground?

Was this any different to Sicily's indiscretion?

Was it less forceful?

From what I recall it was far more intentional and forceful?

Either way, does the Port player (sorry I can't remember who it was?) get the same penalty and if the MRC and AFL say no, then why not?
Didn't see that b5, but if that's the case then yes, WHY NOT!!!!!

I am not saying we only get covered negatively - but there are a good handful of pundits who are more than happy to sink the boot in without mercy. Slobbo being one. When he is the chief writer for the Hun I think that is absolutely unprofessional and he should be held to a higher standard. I guess when you are a hopeless, slovenly, slurring mess that is hard though.

And if Port didn't play like narky pricks they wouldn't end up on the end of poor free kick counts. Three weeks running they have been massacred by the umpires against different sides and with different umpires watching the game.
putting aside the fact we remember the negative above the positive
Robbo being chief writer of the HUN tells you exactly what sort of publication it is, if you haven't worked out by now not to read it I can't help you

At work, bout 9.30 am this morning, got a snarky comment from a Swans supporter that Hawks had a "lucky" win at weekend. It seems that each week there is an issue/event/decision that becomes the "lets have a shot at Hawthorn" outlet between rounds.

I am trying to not get bothered by such media/comments, and recognize this is just jealousy/resentment of the performance and strength of our club. But in my weaker moments it gets me worked up.
Wonky Ronke won't have the dream run again when we play him and his bevy of Swans in the second half of 2018; and further more, the Hawks will clean them up in Sydney just to shut the jealous seekers up once and for all.

putting aside the fact we remember the negative above the positive
Robbo being chief writer of the HUN tells you exactly what sort of publication it is, if you haven't worked out by now not to read it I can't help you

My information regarding Robbo or the HUN are solely from what other Hawks posters report in. I don't watch him nor read the political newsletter he writes for.

SNPwi9t.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This picture in isolation doesn't show what actually happened. The Port player was trying to step over Cegs and their feet have hit as Ceg's foot was going up. This caused the Port player to stumble and land on Cegs. Absolutely nothing in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back