News Hawks to wear 1933 'mustard pots' fauxback

Remove this Banner Ad

Storm20

Been Here A Long Time
Aug 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Also unsure where to post this, but found this...Hawks planning a fauxback too?

(MOD EDIT: Split into a new thread as it's fairly newsworthy. This was posted by Luke Breust on his Insta story before being swiftly deleted).

b95215797a51a296539eeda7e832134f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

They look like preeeeeetty thick side panels and they haven't really had them under Adidas, usually it's just more so little stripes. Surely it's not a full brown back so they can wear home shorts with it?

They look like preeeeeetty thick side panels and they haven't really had them under Adidas, usually it's just more so little stripes. Surely it's not a full brown back so they can wear home shorts with it?

Right at the bottom left (under the camera symbol) you can see the back is yellow.

Nah, you can see the yellow starting to come back through on the back down in the bottom corner of the picture.

Hopefully they go with the all yellow socks again, I liked that look.

Right at the bottom left (under the camera symbol) you can see the back is yellow.
That seems reeeeaally far back. Honestly it looks like stripes.

You think the homer or the GWS jumper is bad and unbalanced? Imagine a yellow front, brown chevron, brown back with yellow stripes!

Bring up a list of clubs establishment years, change of jumper years and first or second flag years for any possible future anniversaries
I do this a fair bit but it becomes arbitrary after a while, ie who wants to celebrate 75 years since a random flag?

Well,
Adelaide- 25 Years 2015
Brisbane- Fitzroy 2017
Collingwood- 150 Years 2018
Geelong- Retro 2018
Hawthorn- 1938 Jumper 2018
Melbourne- 160 Years 2018
North Melbourne- 1996 Premiership 2016
Port Adelaide- 20 Years 2017
Sydney- 1918 Premiership 2018
St Kilda- Moorabbin 2018
West Coast: 30 Years 2015
Western Bulldogs: Bob 300 2016

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My question is why use a jumper that was used for 1 season, where that season you came 2nd last with a 3-15 record?

Anything for a quick buck I guess.
Apparently

So bad it's good. Wish I could get a genuine retail or PI of this. I have one of the replica ones from a couple of years ago.
No I agree. So ugly that it's kind of my whale? Probably the most unique design in modern football (although it's based off an older design I believe).

Idk if this has been mentioned already but I just noticed that the Tasmania sponsor no longer has the blue box around it - which is good. Sponsors generally always look cleaner when it's just the text.

Idk if this has been mentioned already but I just noticed that the Tasmania sponsor no longer has the blue box around it - which is good. Sponsors generally always look cleaner when it's just the text.

It's probably because the Tasmania sponsor logo is on one solid colour instead of the usual 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back