Autopsy Hawks unplug the Power - Rd 10, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Small hands? ? ???

Hahaha such a weird excuse.
The reason is that he's only played 5 senior games and pack marking is bloody hard.
Mate, I love his effort and intensity, but uncontested marking is bloody hard for him.

The amazing thing for me is that even when evidence to the contrary has been tabled here in the form of pictures, some people are still running with the “Pittonet has small hands” thing, and not realizing that everyone else is mentioning it to take the piss.

Some interesting observations in this thread. Been away looking forward to watching replay. 👍

Frawley is now the key. When he is a lock in the main defensive post, the whole backline just works perfectly. Last 2 wins v GWS and Port, the defence have been superb. Between, was the match against Tigers. No Frawley and we fell apart.
Exactly mate, can’t believe people don’t rate him. He might make the occasional stuff up, but rarely gets beaten and allows Sic to be more attacking. Think Timmy is playing a solid role down back aswell.

Thrilled to get the 4 points. Though we fell away and gave em a sniff, that first quarter and half was the best footy we've played all year. Pressure was fanatical across the board. If we can tap into that, we can beat anyone. Also was a good effort by us to keep calm heads and thwart their numerous run ons where they threatened to make a game of it. Reckon this will galvanise the group, and expecting us to win all of our upcoming games against Brisbane, Essendon and Sydney.

Clarkson has adapted the game style for the current players on our list. We are a work in progress. Some are struggling with confidence some with executing their skills especially when they get tired. Even more are struggling with the game plan as they are new to the club. Others are struggling with fitness and decision making.

Even though our average age is mature we are NOT a mature team we r not far from being on the same page but all of this takes time and games. Once we start improving all these areas and settle on team dynamics it will bring confidence and with that a natural flair when we attack. It needs patience from everyone starting with the coaches, players and supporters.

Our effort has been there most weeks. Its coming together. Onto next week and lions we need to bring that defensive pressure and fierce contest. The rest will take care of itself.

Winter is coming...

Where's that guy who wanted to trade Gunston for Billings?

Not that I would ever trade Gunston for Billings

But just thinking if our system / development / everything is genuinely much better than St Kildas is it possible that if we had traded Gunston for Billings that Gunston wouldn't go as well at the Saints, and we'd get more out of Billings - so the trade would appear better than the reality

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a huge call, but Burgoyne is my favourite Hawk of all time. He embodies everything that is Hawthorn.

He's very much up there - I can't name any better as a crunch big game player and his output over the last two years is still at a remarkably high level. I know people get excited about new recruits and who we could get but the day he hangs up the boots will be a sad one as he's a really really rare type of player

The amazing thing for me is that even when evidence to the contrary has been tabled here in the form of pictures, some people are still running with the “Pittonet has small hands” thing, and not realizing that everyone else is mentioning it to take the piss.

I think tige19 might have really small hands just quietly

I've just finished watching the replay and must say that it was an all round good effort by the entire team.

Can't really fault anyone or expect anyone dropped for next week based on form.

It's always good beating the Power Puffs and must have been a relief for Wingard - could you imagine the ridicule if we had of lost.

Was also bloody fantastic to see Gunston recapture some form and hopefully it's a turning point for him because if were to be any form of threat this season then we'll need him at his best.

I also hope that the Scrimshaw injury isn't anything to worry about - does anyone have an update here at all?

Anyway once again great effort boys and hopefully we take the intensity and effort required up to the Gabba next week because we owe them a touch up this time round.

Last edited:
Almost feel sorry for soft as butters getting rag dolled by an angry Burgoyne.

Don't be silly it was a thing of beauty and the little campaigner had it coming!

In all seriousness though it was good to see the boys dive straight in and have Chad's back, it must be so unfamiliar to him considering he used to side with a bunch of backstabbing nincompoops.

Think of this place like a pub.

You’ve got all sorts of people in here, some pranksters, some old heads, some quiet types, some boisterous ones .... when the same guy who plonks himself at the bar each week has nothing good to say to anyone he eventually gets asked to leave.

Same goes here.

Anyone who only logs in to vent after a loss is not worth having around.
Nice analogy but it’s all about free speech ...”negative” supporters have the right to speak as long as they don’t insult be aggressive break basic rules etc....just because you i or anyone else doesn’t like what they have to say is not a reason to silence them

Smallest hands ever.
I don't want to tag Knightmare into the thread so I've removed the quotes - but here is an exact quote from him:

Pittonet is a guy I felt was taken too early as more a rookie pick. He is competitive enough through the ruck and is a big boy but doesn't find much of the footy and isn't a marking threat forward of centre and as such he doesn't feature on my draft board. He has small hands for a ruckman (22cm - 31st percentile at the draft combine) which will limit his overhead marking ability and he also isn't a massive leaper with a 63cm vertical (45th percentile) and a running vertical of 66cm (25th percentile). His beep test score was poor with only an 11,7 (in the bottom 0% at the draft combine) and similarly his 3km time was poor, though those endurance aspects can be improved in an AFL environment with work.

The facts are he is a poor mark and does have small hands for a ruckman.

Nice analogy but it’s all about free speech ...”negative” supporters have the right to speak as long as they don’t insult be aggressive break basic rules etc....just because you i or anyone else doesn’t like what they have to say is not a reason to silence them
The common misconception about free speech is that it should be free of a response. That's not the case.

If you walk into a pub and incite the locals you can scream 'free speech' as long as you like, but you're still getting thrown out on your ear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back