Autopsy Hawks v Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

You may want to consider the fact that Roughy missed all of last year with cancer as well c*ck stain. Not many players could play a whole season of AFL after going through what he has been through.

What's your point?

I never said they were comparable players.

Nor did I say anything negative about Roughy. Never have and I wouldn't.

All i did was put a couple of players 2017 goalkicking records up. I was responding to someone who claimed Casboult waned 900k but his kicking was on par with Langford.

Why are you getting bent out of shape? Talk about going off half-cocked.

And here I thought this was the family club's board. Think about the children.

What's your point?

I never said they were comparable players.

Nor did I say anything negative about Roughy. Never have and I wouldn't.

All i did was put a couple of players 2017 goalkicking records up. I was responding to someone who claimed Casboult waned 900k but his kicking was on par with Langford.

Why are you getting bent out of shape? Talk about going off half-cocked.

And here I thought this was the family club's board. Think about the children.
you picked a player that is a key forward in name only based on how he has played this year vs Casboult who I'm assuming plays mostly forward? Does he play mid or float back into defence a lot?

It would be interesting to see how many times they have both been targeted inside 50 for those returns but yeah on the surface it seems a poor comparison

He's kicked 33 in a team with the 2nd lowest points for.
With a decent midfield and team he would be capable of kicking 50+ provided he continued to improve his goal kicking.

No he wouldn't - IMO Carlton's starting midfield is better than decent - Cripps, Gibbs,Murphy,Kreuzer. He's kicked 25 goals or more once in a season. He's 28 next year, his goalkicking is what it is.

Disappointing game. The blow is softened somewhat by the fact that even if we had won finals still would've been next to impossible in terms of probability.
TBH, it was so bad at times it reminded me of a NAB game. Clarkson seemed happy to toss people around and let things go. It was that bad at times I even wondered if it was part of the Gentleman's agreement that helped get O'Meara trade done. For example, what was Puopolo's pass to Roughead all about?

you picked a player that is a key forward in name only based on how he has played this year vs Casboult who I'm assuming plays mostly forward? Does he play mid or float back into defence a lot?

It would be interesting to see how many times they have both been targeted inside 50 for those returns but yeah on the surface it seems a poor comparison
Tbh i was just making a goalkicking comparison. So none of those other points were really relevant.

Tbh i was just making a goalkicking comparison. So none of those other points were really relevant.

No, you were trying to pump up Cazboult by comparing him to Roughie.
Cazboult takes a couple of pack marks each week and does SFA otherwise, apart from his multiple changers.

And comparing goals kicked is a waste of time because Roughie has a completely different role.

No, you were trying to pump up Cazboult by comparing him to Roughie.
Cazboult takes a couple of pack marks each week and does SFA otherwise, apart from his multiple changers.

And comparing goals kicked is a waste of time because Roughie has a completely different role.
Go back and read my initial reply and the post i was replying to.

I was replying to a post that said Levi's goalkicking was on par with Langford (2.9) I was making a point that it is closer, virtually identical in fact, to Roughies.

That post also suggested he was asking 900k per year. Which, again, is false.

Neither time did i 'pump up' Casboult. You are reading way too much into what i wrote. It was just his goalkicking stat for this year. Thats it. I never said he was good/bad/great or anything similar.

but they are as you are saying well Cas has kicked as many as Rough this year, like they are playing the same role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brendan Bolton will not be able to use last nights physical tactics against Sydney or GWS. He only got away with it because it was Hawthorn. He has found out the hard way the difference between coaching a premiership team
and a cellar dweller.
I'm sorry to intrude, but we literally used exactly this method when we played against Sydney earlier this year, and we anticipate doing so again.

Put significant time into Mills, and it put him off his game severely. If you have seen any of our matches this year, you'll have seen that, when we win - a rare occurrence - one of the reasons why is we have shut down one of their key playmakers from half back.

but they are as you are saying well Cas has kicked as many as Rough this year, like they are playing the same role

I think the commentary was purely about accuracy of goal kicking rather than goal kicking quantities.... in reference to the original comparison with Langers abhorrent accuracy.

Levi......... Roughead
21 . Games 21
6.6 Kicks Per Game 8.7
3.5 Handballs Per Game 9.1
10.1 Disposals Per Game 17.8
Marks Per Game 4.7
1.6 Goals Per Game 1.6
0.9 Behinds Per Game 0.9
1.8 Tackles Per Game 3.3
Hitouts Per Game 1.3
0.3 Goal Assists Per Game 0.6
Frees Against Per Game 0.7
5.2 Contested Possessions Per Game 8.0
5.2 Uncontested Possessions Per Game 10.4
7.5 Effective Disposals Per Game 12.5
Clangers Per Game 2.3
2.4 Contested Marks Per Game 0.9
2.2 Marks Inside 50 Per Game 1.9
0.5 Clearances Per Game 1.6
0.3 Rebound 50s Per Game 0.5
One Percenters Per Game 1.9
88.3 Time On Ground % Per Game 89.5
Much better than arguing about it.

I'm more convinced than ever that he is a mod undercover here to cause some friction, no chance he doesn't get banned otherwise.
Zero chance of that.

Tiresome poster.

Brendan Bolton will not be able to use last nights physical tactics against Sydney or GWS. He only got away with it because it was Hawthorn. He has found out the hard way the difference between coaching a premiership team
and a cellar dweller.

Given Carlton have managed to beat both those sides this year you may have selected your words rather poorly.

Nope. I am saying that from roughly 50 shots on goal they have both kicked 33. Thats it.

Anything else you are inferring is you looking for something to be outraged at.
fair enough if the comment was about general accuracy

Levi 33.18 vs Roughead 33.19 this year.

550x4 would get him

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app
I am a fan of Levi Casbolt, I think he's the best pack mark in the competition, I would keep him if I was Carlton.
I can't believe some of the talk about him being moved on, his kicking has improved , but he can kick well, on the odd occasions he kicks badly it is usually unbelievably bad and so off target, but its once in a blue moon.

Josh Kennedy at the Eagles is about the same a great contested mark.

I am a fan of Levi Casbolt, I think he's the best pack mark in the competition, I would keep him if I was Carlton.
I can't believe some of the talk about him being moved on, his kicking has improved , but he can kick well, on the odd occasions he kicks badly it is usually unbelievably bad and so off target, but its once in a blue moon.

Josh Kennedy at the Eagles is about the same a great contested mark.
Casboult is only worth keeping short term to prevent carlton's young kpfs getting too banged up. Bolts will move him on before they enter their premiership window.
He's too erratic to be relied upon

Casboult is only worth keeping short term to prevent carlton's young kpfs getting too banged up. Bolts will move him on before they enter their premiership window.
He's too erratic to be relied upon

Well I disagree. But there are people who may know more than I do.
He has improved his kicking, and he is a valuable player in my mind.

I'm not sure what is expected of him any more, he plays hard and is mostly effective.

I think too many star spangled players floating around with the "they will be champions" tag sitting on their heads.

Main culprits are the so called experts on radio and TV, who's lifes work is to bulls**t enough to keep a job in the media.

Its a running joke "oh look whose kicking for goal, well that could wind up on the half forward flank grandstand" it just isn't a fact with Casbolt any more, the bloke kicks better.

And let me say one thing , a bit of heavy duty kicking practice would not hurt about 80% of AFL players running around now! FACT!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back