Review Hawks v Dogs Practice Match, Wednesday 24th Feb 10.30am

Remove this Banner Ad

New players:

Hartigan: Handy pick up. Solid all day.
Downie: In the best. Ran all day. Courageous and tough as well.
DGB: Only played a half. Did not notice him much.
Brockman: Not involved a real lot but looked composed with the ball. Made good position a few times but not used.
Took one great mark.
Phillips: Ok for first outing. Took me a little while to work out who he was initially.

The good:

Worpel: Beast mode. Say no more.
Breust: Typical day out. Just class.
Greaves: Started shakily but kept his head and improved as the game went on. Good game.
Ceglar/McEvoy: Had a great battle with English and Martin and shared the ruck duties between them. Big Boy was tireless. Ceglar good.
Impey: A bit rusty early but classy most of the game.
Day: Developing nicely. Will be a very good player.
Hardwick: Good
Ollie: Bobbed up for 3 in quick succession but did not see him much after that. Will take 3 a game.
Frosty: Typical Frost game. Looks set for a solid season. Kicked a nice goal on the run.
TOB: Plays a bit of the Gunston role. Love it when he gets it in range. Is a magnificent kick. Kicked 3.
Morrison: If he was a bit bigger he would be a real handful. Gets pushed around a bit easily. Played well though.
O'Meara: Typical game. In amongst it but not really damaging.
Cousins: Not sure how much game time he got (half). He is one of my favourites. Linked up well and could have ended up with two or three.

Average:

CJ: Pretty quiet. Missed a few field passes. Did nail one nice kicked on to the chest of a leading forward which was promising.
Moore: Hardly sighted
Howe: Maybe a bit under done still.
Kosi. Quiet but needed the hitout imo.

Apologies if I missed anyone. Good signs today. Particularly, the work ethic. Foot skills improved as the game went on as did delivery by hand.

(Boxhill off to a slow start too.)
Missed the game but was most interested to hear how Moore went. Not ideal reading here. Hopefully just blowing out the cobwebs and he steps it up over the coming weeks.

I worry about Conor Nash a bit

Missed the game but was most interested to hear how Moore went. Not ideal reading here. Hopefully just blowing out the cobwebs and he steps it up over the coming weeks.

Moore didn't have a great game but I noticed him playing in the centre square a lot more often than a wing/forward flank. He had some good passages where he got involved but as a midfielder struggled to win his own ball. To be fair he was against an imposing midfield unit even with a few omissions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saunders didnt play.
15 is Lachie Bramble.
13is Callum Porter and 10 Ed Phillips.

Looked very impressive breaking away from clearances everytime I looked up at the TV. Am a big fan off that performance!!!

Absolute waste of 3 minutes reading that article. Match highlights article with absolutely zero highlights or details about anything that happened in-game.

I'm not convinced Jay Clark was even there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back