Preview Hawks v Tigers featuring Sam Mitchell's 300th - Sun 24 July 2016, 3.20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hartung is a complete liability when the heat is on atm. Struggles to make good decisions in congestion, lacks vision and is fumbly over the ball. Similar to Lewis Taylor except Lewis Taylor is a better footballer at the moment. I hope the kid comes good but I'd be very surprised if he played finals.

He has so many limitations and weaknesses in his game atm. Glad to see we have mixed up our balance and trying something different. Hartung has a long way to go to become a regular best 22 player in this great side.

He has so many limitations and weaknesses in his game atm. Glad to see we have mixed up our balance and trying something different. Hartung has a long way to go to become a regular best 22 player in this great side.
After how last year ended for him, I would have been looking for more solid improvement. Situation has a touch of the Shane Savage / Benny McGlynns about it at the moment. No wuckers.
Expect Whitey to stay this week, but the pressure is on. Langers breathing down his neck. Good pressure for both of em.

Meh. Just get this one for Sammy.

See im not sure if its a necessity as 2 of our best wins this season in the last 2 weeks have come without him.

He shouldn't play, we have looked better without him. That's no indictment on TOB but we have had our best few wins without him, there's no reason to change. Sicily gives everything that TOB does plus a fair whack more, Gunno has been excelling with the extra responsibility and no Timmy means our small forwards get to be dangerous for longer.

Decisions eventually ( 2017 ) would surely have to be made about BB though? He is butt useless in the ruck and gives very little in the forward line, maybe TOB replaces the BB role and pinch hits in the ruck Jack Watts style. He probably needs to whack on some KGs though, you could see him getting snapped in half by a Mumford lol.

Our last 2 wins aren't a result of right structures, simply attitude. It was our old experienced warriors who lead us to victory.
Add to that fact Cyril was on and the wins have been banked.

Nothing suggests our structures have been better or worse with or without TOB, so as I said its not a necessity to play him just because he's fit.

Back from my leave of absence after what would appear to have been an under appreciated post on the Swans board after the game last week.

Really looking forward to this one! Think we're just stepping it up a notch each week since the bye in the lead up to finals, so hopefully that continues against the Tiges.

Last edited:
Dumb Darren would know what JOR was doing, but honestly let's just move on. If it was to much of an issue the club would be sending him out on his arse, he clearly did the wrong thing, he was clearly up for a good time and he would have clearly learnt his lesson. Let's revisit this chat if something similar transpires again.
Thing is, this club has a "own up to your actions" policy
If you get in before the media reports on it, they'll generally give you the benefit of the doubt

If you get in before the media reports on it, they'll generally give you the benefit of the doubt

Yeah 100%, each and every professional sporting club would have similar procedure. Own up and we'll look after you, we'll give you a wrap around the knuckles, some education and a stiff warning but we'll back you. I like that way! Clarko is as much one of the lads ( or was one of the lads ) so he would know what all the boys go through, he would have sympathy for the situation but he would also be playing the hard arse father figure which I'm sure would have had JOR shitting his pants.

I'd be disappointed if whiteX didn't play, he had a excellent game last week after only a 5 day break.

Not to mention the break between his A.F.L. appearances. Must get another couple of games. However, we cannot select him on sentiment alone; his performance against the swans definitely deserves another go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brand has played quite a few games a might be given a spell back in the VFL, Clarko likes to rotate the young guys and Brand was poor last week. Obrien might come back as the tall who can play forward or back. Like to see Langers back in the side, he gives us that extra grunt around the packs.

I wouldn't be surprised if the final games we will see our younger players take turns of being rested, while Clarko & Co. assess which of them will be the best fit for our finals campaign. With the week's bye before the finals our top experienced players should be fit and firing come finals. A fourth is in the air.:oops:Where's that lid?

Back from my leave of absence after what would appear to have been an under appreciated post on the Swans board after the game last week.

Really looking forward to this one! Think we're just stepping it up a notch each week since the bye in the lead up to finals, so hopefully that continues against the Tiges.

So you found an alternative power source and switched yourself back on?

BTW, your avatar would look great as a gif if you could get the red eye looking like it was lit up. ;)

What? You're back already? I paid enough for a two week ban. I was robbed.

Clarko dropping/swapping/mixing around the fringe/young players keeping 'em hungry. Finals are around the corner.:thumbsu:

It is the time of the year when Clarko starts to asses players, looking for those best suited to finals football. For this reason I think Kurt will get a run, if not on Sunday, then soon. We know what Gus brings, so let's see what Kurt can do. No good leaving these decisions for when the finals start.

Very interesting that Barrett says if it were Parker, Buddy, or Hannebery, they wouldn't have been stood down. However, if it were one of those we would never have heard. That's what I think.

Very interesting that Barrett says if it were Parker, Buddy, or Hannebery, they wouldn't have been stood down. However, if it were one of those we would never have heard. That's what I think.
Franklin would have, as it would have brought up his "mental illness"

If it was any other player, from Sydney, or any other club, it would not have been mentioned

It was only mentioned because it was a hawthorn player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back