Autopsy Hawks vs Bunnies no more

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. In the 3rd quarter against the tide we fluffed 2 easy chances and then the roughead brainfade

Kick two of those 'gimmes' and at worst we halt there momentum and go into 3/4 time with a bit of a break

Would have been deflating onfield
That was so hard to watch.

The Roughead shocker killed us. One kick shouldn't break us, but we shouldn't be so fragile that a single mistake can sink us.

That was so hard to watch.

The Roughead shocker killed us. One kick shouldn't break us, but we shouldn't be so fragile that a single mistake can sink us.

The issue with the Roughie kick is that it was so casual all around. At least it seemed that at the game (I don't intend on watching a replay). He looked forward and Vickery was presenting but had a defender close, so he turned casually to the middle but no one was presenting, so he turned toward the back and there is one guy, Sicily, presenting and Roughie tried to kick him a soft one in the middle of a pack of Collingwood players.

The whole passage was predicated on the philosophy of maintain possession. That's fine as a strategy, even in the move-it-forward-now! game that people play, but then team mates must present and Roughy must make that kick perfect.

We had so much defensive pressure in the first half, it was a joy to behold. But we just rolled over in the third and lost the will to win. Lost the urge to outwork Collingwood. Make a few mistakes and went all individual hero.

Saturday night felt like all of '09 to me. I was watching players work hard at their game but not the team's game. I saw very little of players working hard without glory so a teammate could be successful. We became individuals in the third quarter and fell apart. Very frustrating.

tbh, i only watched a couple of minutes of football on the weekend. Richmond when they were a mile in front, and Hawthorn when they were a mile in front.

Obviously, i jinxed both teams :(

The issue with the Roughie kick is that it was so casual all around. At least it seemed that at the game (I don't intend on watching a replay). He looked forward and Vickery was presenting but had a defender close, so he turned casually to the middle but no one was presenting, so he turned toward the back and there is one guy, Sicily, presenting and Roughie tried to kick him a soft one in the middle of a pack of Collingwood players.

The whole passage was predicated on the philosophy of maintain possession. That's fine as a strategy, even in the move-it-forward-now! game that people play, but then team mates must present and Roughy must make that kick perfect.

We had so much defensive pressure in the first half, it was a joy to behold. But we just rolled over in the third and lost the will to win. Lost the urge to outwork Collingwood. Make a few mistakes and went all individual hero.

Saturday night felt like all of '09 to me. I was watching players work hard at their game but not the team's game. I saw very little of players working hard without glory so a teammate could be successful. We became individuals in the third quarter and fell apart. Very frustrating.
Last season or obviously before in the same scenario we would have driven the ball forward long and direct and backed our player to win the 1-1 contest or at worst bring our crumbers into play

The one kick really sums up our current mindset and confidence under any pressure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back