Game Day Hawks vs Crows in Tasmania, R6 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been very satisfied with our other wins
Do you give any thought to the fact those were played at AO where as this was in a graveyard for us being Tassie?

I'm not saying we played well at all, there's lots of stuff we hurt ourselves with today & invited their pressure as a result but equally I didn't really believe we were going to waltz over there & win easily & get the game on our terms as well as we may have had it been at AO.

I always find away wins more important to gauge where a side is really at. Today we got the win but it sure wasn't pretty & probably suggests we aren't as good as all that yet. Regardless we got the points which is better than rolling over.

On to Collingwood back at AO.

Everyone before the game - Let's just get the 4 points no matter how ugly or close it is.

Everyone after the game - Not good enough, everyone gets dropped and Nicks to be sacked.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it’s a good sign that we played bad, but found a way to win….

Although Tex and Sloane had strong games today, what we learnt is they can’t be the cake, they need to be the icing on the cake

We play our most dangerous footy when our young guns are our better players, and the more senior players are our supporting cast

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That last goal by FOG wow

Not to many players in the comp could kick that with a conventional drop punt

None I'd daresay with anything like his consistency.

Reckon Toby would've slotted it but not with a drop punt.

I think it’s a good sign that we played bad, but found a way to win….

Although Tex and Sloane had strong games today, what we learnt is they can’t be the cake, they need to be the icing on the cake

We play our most dangerous footy when our young guns are our better players, and the more senior players are our supporting cast

Tex has been around the mark all year, not necessarily winning us matches but playing a good solid role in them. The biggest difference today was just he nailed his set shots.

Sloane today however shouldered a lot more load with Dawson becoming ineffectual quickly after an ok start in the first quarter.

First half was very much Rachele & Soligo driving us which was cool, just a shame Rachele lacked polish & vision at times. Fact is those 2 unfortunately can't run out matches in the midfield so we'll still need to lean heavily on Dawson, Sloane, Laird. Just hope we don't over correct towards Sloane on the back of some good midfield work, the priority still needs to be the younger guys first as you suggest.

Do you give any thought to the fact those were played at AO where as this was in a graveyard for us being Tassie?

I'm not saying we played well at all, there's lots of stuff we hurt ourselves with today & invited their pressure as a result but equally I didn't really believe we were going to waltz over there & win easily & get the game on our terms as well as we may have had it been at AO.

I always find away wins more important to gauge where a side is really at. Today we got the win but it sure wasn't pretty & probably suggests we aren't as good as all that yet. Regardless we got the points which is better than rolling over.

On to Collingwood back at AO.
I think the St Kilda game will be our most important test.

We’re not on Collingwood’s level yet, being at AO gives us a sniff, but I don’t expect us to win.

Geelong in Geelong is pretty much a write off and always has been, we might fluke it, but as long as we don’t get blown out of the park like Sydney did then we can walk away okay.

St Kilda are probably a similar quality side to us, if we’re a finals quality team then we beat them by 5 goals factoring in home ground advantage I feel.

I think the St Kilda game will be our most important test.

We’re not on Collingwood’s level yet, being at AO gives us a sniff, but I don’t expect us to win.

Geelong in Geelong is pretty much a write off and always has been, we might fluke it, but as long as we don’t get blown out of the park like Sydney did then we can walk away okay.

St Kilda are probably a similar quality side to us, if we’re a finals quality team then we beat them by 5 goals factoring in home ground advantage I feel.
Yeah Im looking forward to Collingwood and St Kilda with HGA just to see how we go, if we can jag one of them that'd be great.

Geelong is a free hit really , my hope is not to get Sydney's and compete strongly more so than think we will win.

That last goal by FOG wow

Not to many players in the comp could kick that with a conventional drop punt

I still don't know how he did a drop punt there and it went through! The angle was so extreme can't have been more than a 60cm gap.

I hope Dunstall or someone from a footy show points it out this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back