Game Day Hawks vs Crows in Tasmania, R6 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

What a shocking performance but will take the 4points.
In what way? Hawks and the Crows both applied elite pressure all day, most tackles in a game by a country mile this year and it wasn't wet. Crows with over 70 tackles is massive, Hawks with 90 is just ridiculous. Haven't won at this venue since 2005. Never gave in and won it late through just a small lapse from the Hawks, it's all a match like that takes.

Not every win will be sexy, sometimes you just need to grind them out and bank the 4 points. The intensity today was played at is what you will encounter in finals against the better teams, so I'm glad we could stand up and get the win.

Tex and Sloane in particular were huge. Tex all day and Sloaney in the 2nd half. Soligo massive all day and some clutch touches late too. Rankine just doing Rankine things.

Not a dominant performance by any stretch, but we found a way to win and that's all that matters.

Good sides learn to win when your having a bad day

Not saying we are a good side yet, but to win this way is great experience for the team

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We weren't really that bad though. Our pressure was good, we moved the ball well at times. A bit sloppy with our finishing at times, but came up clutch late. The Hawks played very well today, very well.

Would be unfair to other players to award Brownlow votes after that game. Umpires should submit a blank form
Can you only appreciate wins where it's a sexy brand of football? Finals are played at that intensity, it's a massive step for this group to absorb that and find a way to win at a ground we haven't won at since 2005.

One pleasing thing is Nicks didn't look happy when the siren went. Hope they get a bake after the game.
I had a brief flashback to Phil Walsh after we fell in against a dismal Brisbane team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you only appreciate wins where it's a sexy brand of football? Finals are played at that intensity, it's a massive step for this group to absorb that and find a way to win at a ground we haven't won at since 2005.

I could appreciate more it if we played a genuine finals contender. I'm glad we won but completely dissatisfied with how we played. It wasn't good enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back