Game Day Hawks vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Look, we were in it for a half of the second quarter. We generated enough entries, we just had a bit of a problem converting our opportunities. We’ll certainly go back, review the game and work on our deficiencies during the week. The pleasing thing was the players gave great effort.”

Skills were atrocious
I50s were appalling
Turnovers killed us
Team are largely a bunch of crabs (except Fyfe who works his arse off every week. He must think after each appalling and avoidable loss, WTF did I sign a 6 year deal for? At least he’s fairly honest in his post-match interviews)
F*** ups in the backline were inexcusable

Sorry Ross, but we’re screwed

I recon you've nailed it IP. At what point will his message be seen as just plain rubbish. Blind Freddy can see the problems we have yet Lyon keeps up the mantra. Its now a case of treating the faithful with contempt and that will have a toll going forward.

Thing is, these were all aspects of our game that appeared to be on an upward trajectory a month ago. After the Port game we were all thinking that finally we might have put together a system that could return us to finals.

It's quite alarming that a few injuries and a poor game can dent the confidence of the group so profoundly.

I think that is kind of the point. It takes everything to be going well - Fyfe, Walters, Hill etc. to be in red hot form - for us to just to have a small steak, but as soon as the heat gets turned on we turn to stone.

We were always going to lose.

When we’re relying on guys like Colyer, Switkowski, Cerra and an underdone Hill we’re always going to be off by a bit. Even against the Hawks who aren’t travelling as well as past years we just aren’t good enough.

Thank * we’ve got Fyfe.

We were always going to lose.

When we’re relying on guys like Colyer, Switkowski, Cerra and an underdone Hill we’re always going to be off by a bit. Even against the Hawks who aren’t travelling as well as past years we just aren’t good enough.

Thank fu** we’ve got Fyfe.
We always have ordinary foot soldiers that Ross loves to play.
How the hell is Colyer getting games ahead of Banfield, Crowden, North?
Colyer is too small, has poor disposal and is only in the team for his speed. Nothing else

I feel bad for him tbh, we've wasted his best years. How jealous must he be of Lachie right now?

He’s had his choices.

Look, both Fyfe and Lachie could finish their careers without a flag or maybe Fyfe wins one and Lachie doesn’t. It’s not over yet, but Fyfe’s backed Ross in and Ross would be thanking his lucky stars that he has, but it’s not doing Nathan’s career much good.

Hughes is just a terrible player and why he keeps getting picked beats me.
He’s not on his own though.
Second quarter we did a good enough job and Nat was doing well up forward.
Put him back to the middle at half time and we went backwards.
Ross leaning back in his chair looking quite comfy.
Walters dropped his head more times than an old nag. Wish he would stop it and just play his game.
All in all though, a result we expected.

I've defended Hughes a fair bit, and to be fair, he does some nice things in every game not least of which is he puts himself in right spots ... but he shows week in an out that he is just too dumb to be a serious AFL footballer. He not only directly cost us at least two goals, he killed momentum which the rest of the team work so bloody hard to get back. We have to work so hard for control of a game, and for that dumb idiot to give it back as often as he does ... argh!!

I single him out, but there's a few others too, we're just carrying too many poor/developing players, combined with Mundy (who had a pretty OKish game I thought) and SHill who for their own reasons can't quite go to the same elite level we're used to, and it's too much for too little.

I never expected a win, but if some key players could grow a brain cell, with the leadership of Fyfe, that was a winnable game - so frustrating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back