Hawks vs GWS scratch match - Saturday 11.7.2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I would love to head down , as I live in coogee ( have seen the boys around all week )
Does anyone know where and when the game is ?

As a side note , I felt we would lose last night , I’ve been seeing the boys around coogee and they look flat !
My six year old son and I shouted out go hawks to a bunch of them , and they just gave us a blank stare .

Good to see both CJ and Impey out there as our backline lacks zip. Hopefully scrimshaw not too far away with the ankle and maybe impey plays forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone is there watching it would be awesome to get a write up. With Patton and Lewis out for the short term I was hoping someone like Matt Walker would play today and put his hand up for selection. I guess it would just be great to get a write up to take our minds off of that dismal performance our boys dished up last night.

Hi guys
I watched 3 shortened qtrs, with a limited view .
I’m sad to say their weren’t many highlights for us .
In the second qtr we were controlling the play and kicked a couple of goals
But after half time gws won the clearances and seem to be streaming through the middle , whenever we got the ball we would , go down the line and in most cases , turn the ball over .
Similar problems to our seniors ! Is it our game plan or we don’t have the talent to take the game on through the guts ??
Some players I got a look at
CJ-
Probably our best , wins the ball , puts himself in the right places , unfortunately turns the ball over a lot.
Kozi-
Look solid , didn’t get beaten in the air from what I could see .
Impey-
Faded , but that’s to be expected, good to see him out there .
Jeka-
Presented and has some speed , but on a wet day couldn’t clunk the ball.
Finn-
Ran around at cruising speed , couldn’t get much of the ball .
Minch -
Tried hard , had a few opportunities that he couldn’t capitalise on , looks very solid weight wise .
Ollie- lost
Greaves - I likes him as a smart footballer, just wish he was faster , might hold him back .
Reeves- nothing notable , got out marked by his opposite number at one stage .
Jones - was pretty good , broke some tackles and dished off some handballs.
Cousins - didn’t seem to have any impact
Pepper- developing nicely , I like his pace , penetrating kick and tackles with intent ( didn’t get rewarded by the umpire wearing a gws shirt , yes we got the same treatment as we do by AFL umpires at the minute )
glass - tried hard , bit Fumbly .

I hope that wasn’t too negative , but it’s just what I saw , we have too many role players , not many with elite attributes , I crave seeing a hawthorn player breaking a line with speed and drilling a pass laces out to a leading forward , it’s been a while .
I can see impey, scrimshaw , cj adding something to us this year .

Ahhh I wondered who that was , yes im pretty sure he played . It was a wet day so no talls really had an influence on the game .
He didn’t get beaten by his opponent, I can safely say that

Ahhh I wondered who that was , yes im pretty sure he played . It was a wet day so no talls really had an influence on the game .
He didn’t get beaten by his opponent, I can safely say that
Never does. Makes you wonder why he’s running around in a twos scratch match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back