Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Portland TrailBlazers
upload_2016-5-25_9-45-19.png

Rd: 10 Lions v Hawks

Venue: The stadium formerly known as the ‘Gabbatoir’

Time: Saturday 1:45

Weather: Beautiful one day, Perfect the next

Greetings all, a long time reader here who after a few glasses of Margaret Rivers finest thought it’d be a good idea to throw the hand up for a preview, come to think of it, it was probably closer to a few bottles considering I picked the Hawks. Funny how the optimism and confidence grows through the offseason/preseason and the lowest of the lows from the previous season have you believing there is no other way to go but up? Well apparently there’s still a little further down to go but there’s still a few glimpses of where we are going to find success in the future. And here we are, 1-8 and staring down the barrel of a slug fest with Freo (Wow), Essendon and Gold Coast for the spoon and draft honours (the run home is an interesting analysis but worthy of its own thread).

#Back2Back2Back...Back2thePack#CampaignIsOver
upload_2016-5-25_9-40-4.png

The hawks are cooked…
upload_2016-5-25_9-40-25.png

The intimidation factor that has served them so well through the years is slowly dissipating, their response to being challenged has always been of the physical nature but they’re increasingly crossing the line and only delivering cheap shots straight from the Alastair Clarkson school of toughness. Quite simply they’ve been overtaken by hungrier and better younger sides ready to go toe to toe with the aging outfit of the Hawks. Injuries to key players are becoming ever increasing…and the likes of Ceglar, Sicily, O’brien, Langford, Lovell and Brand haven’t got the nous to fill those departures... quite simply… not good enough to go the Four-Peat!

upload_2016-5-25_9-40-53.png

#Keays2Success

According to some on the Hawks board, they have the luxury of resting half the squad and even sending the Box Hill outfit up to secure the four points… Righto! That’s exactly the attitude we want them to bring because we all know the competition is a bit closer irrespective of percentages and on any given Saturday, the team with the hunger to compete will usually come out on top.

Prediction:
upload_2016-5-25_9-42-49.png

Hawks by 16 if the Lions turn up; 60 if they don’t...

upload_2016-5-25_9-44-25.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-25_9-34-36.png
    upload_2016-5-25_9-34-36.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 104

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think it will be reasonably close. Maybe even less than 5 goals. Our boys have nothing to lose and Hawthorn haven't been in great form this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last of the Roys

Premiership Player
Sep 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
Yeah a few places have suspended it then put it back out. You wouldn't think their would be a plunge on the Lions without someone knowing that Hawks will be missing a key player or two.

Obviously they have seen my stat that the Hawks have only beaten the Lions once at the Gabba in the last 15 years.

harvester

Team Captain
Jun 6, 2010
gold coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This will be my family and I' s first game at the gabba this year.
Going with Hawks supporters who expect a big win, and unfortunately I am expecting it too.
Mitch Robinson on sam mitchell ?. should be a good contest
Thought Bell was good last weekend, hopefully brings it this weekend
Freeman very good, but up against frawley or gibson will be tough. Scache needs to work harder.
Liked seeing Paine in the backline last week. I hope leppa says he will be there for a while and give him an opportunity. We dont exactly have many options, especially with Harris Andrew out, and Merrett nearing the end of his career.
Like to see green or bewick in and drop Hanley. I have been disappointed in him this year.

Hoping for a massive upset !!! Kids dont see many lions wins

Thedeftouch

Club Legend
May 5, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Rockliff upgraded to "test" on the injury list. Makes me think he will probably play. Does anyone have any insight? Has he been training?

T Factor

Club Legend
Brisbane Lions - Ryan Lester 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 26, 2007
Sea Kayak
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I am refreshed after a week off last week, it is so much easier watching a replay when you know you have been smashed. I am hoping for a few key In's Rocky and I would also like to see Greeny back. Nathan Freeman was a great target last week and I would love to see him back it up, oh and kick straight.

We are still nowhere near the Hawks so they will win by 60, no idea why but I have a few $$ on us cmon Lions!!!

Mar 27, 2006
Bribie Island
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket Team
I am refreshed after a week off last week, it is so much easier watching a replay when you know you have been smashed. I am hoping for a few key In's Rocky and I would also like to see Greeny back. Nathan Freeman was a great target last week and I would love to see him back it up, oh and kick straight.

We are still nowhere near the Hawks so they will win by 60, no idea why but I have a few $$ on us cmon Lions!!!
Who is Nathan Freeman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back