Ultimate Glory Hawks vs Swans - We take flag number 12 - our greatest flag - The Hard Way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Having recently viewed the 2014 Grand Final, because, well, that's just what we all do, I decided yesterday (for a bit of variety) to watch the 2013 Grand Final. Apart from all that defensive crap going on, I realised something was missing. It took me a while to figure it out, but I got it somewhere in the 3rd quarter.

Not enough Langers. :p

Not enough ANGER - Langers and Spangher

"Get your hand out of my face - I can't see...where your next flag is going to come from, ya twat! Two all, sucker!"

872482-lance-franklin.jpg

Who would ever imagine back then that we'd ever like Brian Lake over Buddy Franklin.

I must admit, I never liked Lake when he was at the Dogs, he was a good footballer but I never liked him because he would consistently beat Franklin. Funny how times have changed now. :D

I must admit, I never liked Lake when he was at the Dogs, he was a good footballer but I never liked him because he would consistently beat Franklin. Funny how times have changed now. :D

I am the opposite. I have always loved Lake. The guy is a jet.

And there was that prelim in 08 where Buddy didn't have too much trouble with Lake.

I never liked Clarko cos he used to give Crawf the shits. Now I consider him one of our club's greats, and so does Shane.

I recon Tippett and Jetta should have been named in the best.....for us. Boy oh boy. Was watching the other day and I've never seen anyone so uninterested as Jetta to be playing in a GF. And Tippett is perhaps the most overrated and overpaid player in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the 2014 game, the GF rematch against Freo. Hope we can do a repeat on the Swans this year.Freo
That and we need to stamp our authority over Port early before their belief against us gets too high. Given we play them the first time in SA (after a 6 day break I think) it will be really tough.

He's overpaid. Not sure he's rated enough by anyone to be overrated. :rolleyes:
I don't know, I think I overrate Tom Scully.

I think he's a pathetic front runner who waits for hand outs from the ball winners and then doesn't do enough with it.

Pretty sure I'm overrating him.

I recon Tippett and Jetta should have been named in the best.....for us. Boy oh boy. Was watching the other day and I've never seen anyone so uninterested as Jetta to be playing in a GF. And Tippett is perhaps the most overrated and overpaid player in the comp.

Jetta is cream. And he will never be anything more than cream. As long as someone else does the hard work for him he can be useful. But he cannot make cake.

Agree with Tippett. He is useless.

we've got 7 blokes now (by my count!) that jagged their third flag.... do you reckon this means Hodgey goes ahead of Ablett in terms of individual achievements? Do flags mean more than medals etc.? check this out
http://www.fansunite.com.au/2015/03/13/7566/who-has-the-afls-best-resume
Plugger never played in a flag, nor did Ablett Snr or Robert Harvey. They're what the game is about, and they stand out the most on a football CV, but they're not the be all and end all of deciding talent.

Plugger shared his goals with no one. His contemporary shared his goals with an entire forward line, and still out goaled him on a per game basis for the majority of their careers

That new "blocking in the marking contest" rule has come 6 months too late.

Spang was absolutely robbed of a goal.

Plugger never played in a flag, nor did Ablett Snr or Robert Harvey. They're what the game is about, and they stand out the most on a football CV, but they're not the be all and end all of deciding talent.

Yes, but it's all very well to star in home & away games, but to do it in a Premiership win is the ultimate test.

That's why the Norm Smith should be rated so highly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back