Status
Not open for further replies.

RIOLINWITPUNCHS

Big Footy Member
Sep 30, 2009
Back Of My Kombi
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I hope the club are seriously talking to Peter Wright.

Would be the most gettable KPF out there.

Can see him being as good as if not better then Hale in a ruck/forward role.

Ticks a lot of boxes and is a very good age.

Would more then likely cost our 1st i would imagine.

Jake_09

Team Captain
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn

This is absolutely the player we should be looking to bring in as a Hale type, he has a huge amount of potential

Oct 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sixers, Exers, GWS Womens

big call there. Hale was the best in this role at his time at Hawthorn.

JD1992

Debutant
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How about Patton from GWS, injury prone, and now behind Cameron and Hindelberg there, would be Cheapish , get knees right......
Or we may find Nash and Lewis-Mitchell develop enough with further promise...

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

How about Patton from GWS, injury prone, and now behind Cameron and Hindelberg there, would be Cheapish , get knees right......
Or we may find Nash and Lewis-Mitchell develop enough with further promise...

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
I like the Patton idea, but he's 3x knee recos in & is only young. And, at his size, his knees have gotta be under a lot of stress.

DFA - sure, grab him at $250k to keep the dream alive, but (through injury alone) we'd be mad to trade more than a Future 4th for him, or pay him any more than $250-$300k.

If we were going to grab Patton we’d have done already I reckon, with the GWS firesale that just took place.

If we were going to grab Patton we’d have done already I reckon, with the GWS firesale that just took place.
His salary may have been a concern as I don't think he was out of contract, meaning we'd probably have had to match his salary to bring him across. I don't know, but I'd guess he's on $500k? We grabbed Scully for similar & probs don't want another $1m sitting in the medical tent, with Birch now being granted Citizen status.

That said, if GWS were to delist him & we approached him as a DFA, we'd likely be able to dictate terms a li'l more, given that his position would have far less power. Low money for 2yrs with a chance for increased money in a 3rd year, triggered by games played etc., then a chance at a bigger contract coming off those initial 3, perhaps?

MasterSamurai

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
BayernMunchen
His salary may have been a concern as I don't think he was out of contract, meaning we'd probably have had to match his salary to bring him across. I don't know, but I'd guess he's on $500k? We grabbed Scully for similar & probs don't want another $1m sitting in the medical tent, with Birch now being granted Citizen status.

That said, if GWS were to delist him & we approached him as a DFA, we'd likely be able to dictate terms a li'l more, given that his position would have far less power. Low money for 2yrs with a chance for increased money in a 3rd year, triggered by games played etc., then a chance at a bigger contract coming off those initial 3, perhaps?
Patton is on close to 800k! Even if we or any other club went halvies it would have still been overs for a bloke with shot knees.

RIOLINWITPUNCHS

Big Footy Member
Sep 30, 2009
Back Of My Kombi
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I know he's tall, but can he actually ruck?

He is more then capable.

Very smart player who under our program i have no doubt would prosper as a part time ruck.

Patton is a big no. Knees are more then cooked (from his old man).

Hope he can get back and play good footy for GWS but yeah not sure we would go after him.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
He is more then capable.

Very smart player who under our program i have no doubt would prosper as a part time ruck.

Patton is a big no. Knees are more then cooked (from his old man).

Hope he can get back and play good footy for GWS but yeah not sure we would go after him.
With you on this one. People forget how badly his confidence was shot by the previous double ACL. At one point Leon was pushing for him to get back on the field in a press conference. Seems he was physically ready but reluctant. He did overcome it though.

I think he's our problem and hopefully gets back to playing for the clubs benefit and most importantly his. Reports are positive but I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't play again.

RIOLINWITPUNCHS

Big Footy Member
Sep 30, 2009
Back Of My Kombi
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With you on this one. People forget how badly his confidence was shot by the previous double ACL. At one point Leon was pushing for him to get back on the field in a press conference. Seems he was physically ready but reluctant. He did overcome it though.

I think he's our problem and hopefully gets back to playing for the clubs benefit and most importantly his. Reports are positive but I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't play again.

I wish him all the very best. His old man is a really good fella and like any father just wants the best for his kid.

The 6-6-6 would only help him also so let's hope we see him ripping defences apart next year just not against us.

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Leon was definitely pushing to get him back as the deep bail out kick, Himmelberg as the second tall & JC cutting loose at CHF.

Patton would have been shot on confidence as you mentioned but I suspect that some self preservation came into play to get back as strong as possible, hit another Pre-season & try to hit 2019 in the best possible shape to play, justify his pay check & land another contract with the Giants or whoever else wanted him as a RFA in 2020 if he wasn’t traded.

I’m a Patton fan.
When he is on & his confidence is up he is a pretty imposing figure to rally around.
Drop a bit of weight off him to give him a chance to run & I think we could still see the best of the General ahead him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back