Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will come back to this thread when the Bennell waffle dies a slow death just like his career.

Exactly. As I said before the guy is a cancer and definitely not someone you want around our other young and impressionable kids. I've got nothing against the guy but he's had plenty of opportunities to get his s**t together and over the period his body has been failing him. Some of our fans seem to think we have this magic pill we can give broken down players and we can fix anybody which is not true. We've had our fair share of hammy and calf injuries the last couple of seasons and that's not even factoring in that we lost Russell last season.

In regards to Bennell I just don't think the chance he could turn it all around with us outweighs having him around our young playing group and as we saw with Garlett who was living with Hodge at the time that even he was unsalvageable. At the time we had strong leaders at the club like Mitchell, Lewis and Roughy all there to guide him but some kids just don't have it in them especially between the ears to be professional footballers. Whether that be elicit drugs or not being able to refrain from having a session with your boys it is all the same and if they can't hold out till the offseason to do all that silly stuff then they're just not committed or able to be committed to the cause of being a professional footballer. I'm not blind to the fact that players get loose mid season but there are times for this to happen like the bye rounds and if you can't wait till then or not do it all then maybe the gig is not for you. The mind is a fragile thing and you can be strong as an ox but if your not strong between the ears then it will come undone eventually.

Yep. You just know it’s all bull when the source was a friend of a friends, cousin, sister, uncles, roommate of Nathan Wilson’s missus that was told by Nathan Wilson 😂

View attachment 674388
Fair enough that you don't buy it, but let's not give a slap to a poster who is just passing on some info he's come across. Bit harsh.

Fair enough that you don't buy it, but let's not give a slap to a poster who is just passing on some info he's come across. Bit harsh.
Just having some fun mate. Sheesh maybe I should change my name to Jerry Lewis and you change yours to Dean Martin cause I'm the one telling the jokes while your doing all the dancing. Sh*ts and giggles buddy ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hahaha the audacity of youth!
I like that they're willing to express themselves though.

Yes a little bit too much manscaping for mine or Jack Dyer's like, but he's now gone god bless him, so it is the way of the modern player... for which one of our God's Don Scott was a leader with his man bag at the tribunal in the late 70's early 80's. Without him we wouldn't be calling it the audacity of youth... we would have been 70's like and called them something else much like the front of the Herald Sun did when Don invented the man bag... My god, there was no Herald Sun in the 70/80's it was just the bloody Sun. The Herald was actually also actually a different paper that came out evening edition.

I wrote that too fast and used actually twice in the last sentence when I only needed to use it once... please forgive me.

Last edited:
Yes a little bit too much manscaping for mine or Jack Dyer's like, but he's now gone god bless him, so it is the way of the modern player... for which one of our God's Don Scott was a leader with his man bag at the tribunal in the late 70's early 80's. Without him we wouldn't be calling it the audacity of youth... we would have been 70's like and called them something else much like the front of the Herald Sun did when Don invented the man bag... My god, there was no Herald Sun in the 70/80's it was just the blood Sun. The Herald was actually also actually a different paper that came out evening edition.
I for one am happy we no longer call people such names, let alone for the grave sin of a man taking pride in his appearance.
Even the likes of Jonathan Brown wear paisley shirts these days.
That's progress! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back