Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes a possibility. I had not considered. Like your thinking. Has shown the discipline and can play small/tall.

Closing speed a concern ??

Has the necessary courage. Great character and potential to lead. Yes this is a better option the more I think about it. I will admit I had him traded if we could put the new midfield together, but this role could be ideal

Dan Howe might have to reinvent himself as that dour defender. Taller than Stratts and has shown his ability to shut down midfield stars. Played off a back flank for Murray Bushrangers.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Pretty sure by memory that Howe's first couple of games for us he started in the backline. He struggled a bit and has played that shutdown role when in the team ever since but yes I agree that he'll more than likely have to reinvent himself as a back if he wants to get back in the team moving forward especially if we snag our #1 free agent target. I am confident that Howe can do this too.

Howe worth a try down back but would be yet another defender with poor foot skills. Birchall, Guerra, Suckling and Mitchell (when he was down there) were such weapons with ball in hand and could turn defence into offence quickly which is something I feel we really miss outside of Sicily who already has his hands full trying to play key back at times.

Howe worth a try down back but would be yet another defender with poor foot skills. Birchall, Guerra, Suckling and Mitchell (when he was down there) were such weapons with ball in hand and could turn defence into offence quickly which is something I feel we really miss outside of Sicily who already has his hands full trying to play key back at times.
How's been one of our best by efficiency from our midfield group.

Dan Howe might have to reinvent himself as that dour defender. Taller than Stratts and has shown his ability to shut down midfield stars. Played off a back flank for Murray Bushrangers.

As forwards get smarter and quicker, Howe is treacle, if he can compete with the gorilla's maybe otherwise I would say 'no'.

As forwards get smarter and quicker, Howe is treacle, if he can compete with the gorilla's maybe otherwise I would say 'no'.
Exactly this.

Is barely an option mid-game when we're trying to get our rotations right. Naming him there as a defensive or rebound option seems a little far-fetched.

How's been one of our best by efficiency from our midfield group.
From what I remember of his time down back was more to do with his decision making. Appeared to be a bit "deer in the headlights".

Closing speed a concern ??

Has the necessary courage. Great character and potential to lead. Yes this is a better option the more I think about it. I will admit I had him traded if we could put the new midfield together, but this role could be ideal

If we bring in bring in Cogs and a top 5 draft mid (Anderson would be nice), plus Finn, then trade our 2020 first for a decent mid.....then I see Howe as tradeable.
Mitchell, JOM, Cogs, Shiels, Worpel, (Anderson) and Finn with Cuz as depth.
Do we really need Howe

If we bring in bring in Cogs and a top 5 draft mid (Anderson would be nice), plus Finn, then trade our 2020 first for a decent mid.....then I see Howe as tradeable.
Mitchell, JOM, Cogs, Shiels, Worpel, (Anderson) and Finn with Cuz as depth.
Do we really need Howe

Howe probably wouldn't net much on the trade table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One that got my interest the other day watching Matt Walkers clip on indigenous round was the mention of Jeremy Finlayson as a fellow Yorta Yorta man (as well as Jars & Walks).

At 23 he is out of contract next year, 196cm can play back and forward and is averaging 2.3 goals a game this year (couple of bags of 5). Would compliment Mitch Lewis nicely.

Shopped around last year too I believe.

One that got my interest the other day watching Matt Walkers clip on indigenous round was the mention of Jeremy Finlayson as a fellow Yorta Yorta man (as well as Jars & Walks).

At 23 he is out of contract next year, 196cm can play back and forward and is averaging 2.3 goals a game this year (couple of bags of 5). Would compliment Mitch Lewis nicely.

Shopped around last year too I believe.

Was talk of him leaving then he signed a 3 year deal.

Going nowhere I reckon.

Was talk of him leaving then he signed a 3 year deal.

Going nowhere I reckon.

I think he'd signed the contract, but then was shopped around at the end of the year and stayed.

Really rubbing it in everyone's faces now.

Worth a lot more now!

Would've loved us to try and get him on the cheap with Scully also....

I think he'd signed the contract, but then was shopped around at the end of the year and stayed.

Really rubbing it in everyone's faces now.

Worth a lot more now!

Would've loved us to try and get him on the cheap with Scully also....

Still has plenty of upside, I’d prefer him to Patton. I don’t think we need two 199cm players in our forward half.

THe lower we go on the ladder, and this higher GWS are....doesn't that just encourage GWS to match our offer and force a trade? At a minimum, ask for our first rounder, which would be a better pick than their compo
They would be going flat out to match us for dollars, they might be getting their house in order financially but they couldn't possibly match on coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back