Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch the main board melt haha...
This is going to be fun :D

Nah everyone will just call Greenwood a spud like they do anyone we look to trade in. Just wait until we get a commitment from a certain free agent. Everyone will say he isn't that good and is highly ineffective like they said with Tom Mitchell.

They all ******* hate us and I love it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that Patton was never athletic or fast before is something that works in his favour. His game style didn’t rely on either so you’d think he’ll be able to play similar to what he did before. The part to worry about IMO is the mental side of things. So guys never truely get over the mental side of their devastating injuries. The fact he won’t be required to play on the dog track GWS stadium should also be a blessing. Depending on the $$$ he gets then this is a low risk high reward type manoeuvre.
I think it's the opposite. Considering he was already slow and lumbering losing any of his agility or speed would make him a liability and unable to compete at the required level.

Adds depth to the midfield plus big body and comes from a Basket Ball background very handy.

TBH I don't care whether he comes from a basketball background, the question is can he play?

If he's coming on the cheap then I won't complain, but at the end of the day he doesn't excel in either end of the ground.

He averages 16/17 touches and <1 goal per game.

Not really keen on Greenwood at all personally. He doesn't kick many goals nor does he do too much in the midfield.

He's an in between player.

I think this is mainly due to him struggling to find a place in Adelaide's midfield with Sloane and 2 x Crouch as well as CEY on occasion. For this reason Hawthorn have likely identified him as a value pick-up as it will be very hard for Adelaide to demand much for him.

TBH I don't care whether he comes from a basketball background, the question is can he play?

If he's coming on the cheap then I won't complain, but at the end of the day he doesn't excel in either end of the ground.

He averages 16/17 touches and <1 goal per game.
Well coming from a Basket Ball background does help with blocking in the midfield and for the forwards.
Yes he can play his role for the Hawks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back