No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frost is described as 194cm but leaving fans with their hearts in their mouths with his ball handling. So is he just a really tall Duryea?
Sounds like a carbon copy of his old man.

Frost has been a name and target for Hawthorn for the last few years. Finally our chance to actually land him, reckon he would be great for us.
if melb is inded looking at Tomlinson then it makes some sense that they may part with Frost. Could do a lot worse IMO in picking him up relatively cheaply

As long as Frost handballs it to our better ball users he would be a good acquisition. Would cost relatively little in a trade, is pretty handy 1v1 and has good athleticism for his height. At the very worst he would be handy defensive depth - reminds me of Spangher

Sold!

Yep James Frawley had another very consistent seasons both in games played and level of output

Defenders, especially those on the last line of defence, always cop a hammering by supporters because their mistakes can cost goals. But the blokes up the other end of the ground continually missing easy goals is glossed over.

Yikes.
I like to think about a team average of skill and ability, similar to averaging out IQ over a larger group.
Frost lowers ours, and what's worse kills the opportunity to raise it by bringing in better quality from outside or having mentored it from within.
If were not turning out young footballers to be at least as good if not better than him, we aint doing a very good job.

This kind of sideways hire is when you're treading water as a genuine chance to win it all and you need backup depth incase your no.1 goes down.
Don't see the point in this stage of our resurgence.

This. Go ask any Dees fan. He's the worst decision maker on their list. Has no idea what he's doing with the footy. Just no.
hes not alone in that side though - blokes paid far more than him and with supposedly greater skills, do the same

Yeah I wouldn't mind him. Would release Sicily somewhat as well.

And he is a better option than Brand - pretty simple

hes not alone in that side though - blokes paid far more than him and with supposedly greater skills, do the same

Yeah I wouldn't mind him. Would release Sicily somewhat as well.

And he is a better option than Brand - pretty simple

Mate, it's a rebounding game these days.
We need MORE talent bringing it out of the back, not LESS.
This would be a horrible idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given re-signing of Cegs and the near quiet since the Cogs collapse, only bit players being talked about, I suspect that our plan has shifted to fine tuning and finals qualifying for 2020. Maybe a big pickup 12 months from now and a GF run in 2021.

Quick note on frost's decision making - Skipping through the NM v Melb r23 game to see any evidence of his bad decision making and ill say this much
-Frost does everything right here, it's his teammates that make it look bad
-Recieves the ball close to the boundary line, identifies large amount of space and free teammates streaming through

Gives handball to team-mate with time and space to use the ball well. What does the player do when he's got these luxuries you might ask?
Gives it straight back to frost whos surrounded by the only kangaroos players in the vicinity. Should be noted that Frosts kick hits an open target on the wing as well. He may not be Matthew Scarlett, but he's not playing besides champions either.

Frost would be an extremely astute pick-up. With Melbourne now thinking they have the best key defenders going around (lol) they will see him as disposable which means he won’t cost us much.

As others have pointed out, he is very good one-on-one and has fantastic closing speed. Putting him into our elite defensive system will help the other parts of his game immensely. Don’t forget that Chip can’t use the ball either, so we just limit him to simple 25 metre passes or long kicks down the line and he’s brilliant. Frost would benefit from the same instruction.

This is such a Hawthorn target, and fits a massive need. I like it.

Fo
Mate, it's a rebounding game these days.
We need MORE talent bringing it out of the back, not LESS.
This would be a horrible idea.
Yeah that is true, but tell me how much rebounding these blokes do
Grimes does for Richmond,
Blicavs for Geelong
Barras for WC
and I could keep going throug every team.

He would not be recruited for his rebounding that is for certain. But he is a competitor and quick for a tall defender thta plays close to goal and right now, we have Frawley and diddly else

There is plenty of rebounders in the team

For mine Brand is a better option than Frost. At least his disposal is decent.

Those comparing Frost and Frawley, Chip knows his limits and generally sticks to them. Frost is like runaway train whenever he gets near the ball.
No team has ever changed a player for the better either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back