No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were talking to Sam Powell-Pepper and we have been given no reason to believe we have stopped. Good mates with Impey and Wingard, maybe Clarkson has gotten over his aversion to big bodied mids?

I would think we are his preferred destination.
Lewis, hodge, Burgoyne and roughy were our big bodied mids. We tried to recruit Fyfe. We tried to recruit Dangerfield. I don’t think clarko has an aversion to big bodied mids. He just selects on talent no size.

Wouldn’t mind it. The game plan we moved towards in the second half of the season wasn’t based of kicking precision, more ruthless competitiveness, move the ball forward at all cost and get it in deep to the big men, SPP could definitely help with this. SPP, Mitchell, Worpel, O’Meara and Shiels is a good midfield rotation.

I'm torn- SPP is not a great player but he does give max effort and has some absolute campaigner in him which I reckon we lack i the mids at the moment. Reminds me of a younger Mitch Robinson. If he could put a bit of worry in opposition mids and let our classier performers get some space I'd be OK. Mind you it could go the other way with frees against etc too.

We were talking to Sam Powell-Pepper and we have been given no reason to believe we have stopped. Good mates with Impey and Wingard, maybe Clarkson has gotten over his aversion to big bodied mids?

I would think we are his preferred destination.
You'd think with the likely addition of Finn that SPP doesn't make sense. One big bodied mid even though he'd be a rookie yes but adding 2 I just don't see it with Clarko.

No to SPP we have enough mids that can find the ball, SPP has got no footy brain at all.

Either Laird and Fogarty would be great. Laird quality half back and can pinch hit in the middle. Fogarty good mark/kick and has got some natural mongrel in him which has always been a trademark of certain players in our successful times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jon Ralph

@RalphyHeraldSun
Confirmation nothing has changed on Rory Laird as reported last week. He is happy, Adelaide ain't shopping him. Nothing doing. Lots of names floated but he is staying put

Replace Rory Laird with Chad Wingard and Adelaide with Port Adelaide - and that seems all very familiar to tweets we saw last year.

Said he might be gettable with Geelong likely the option as Dangerfield will be in his ear. Said a top 10 pick would be the asking price which Geelong should land in the Tim Kelly trade. They arent able to trade their own without getting another first in. Maybe we have a chance to get involved over the top of them
Dwayne the flog Russell just hoping he goes to the Cats. He would hate the thought of him coming to us.

Ugh, I really hope not....

Clarko also likes blokes who can kick.

I'm in the no to SPP camp too.

Have watched him live a few times now, and he hasn't impressed me one bit in terms of football ability. Would rather draft and play Finn personally.

We have had interest here since he last contract. As I have said a few times. This was mentioned from good sources when there was chat about moving Dimma fwd/mid.
Seems strange to me as they really aren't similar players at all. Laird would be more of a replacement for Impey than Hardwick if anything.

I'm in the no to SPP camp too.

Have watched him live a few times now, and he hasn't impressed me one bit in terms of football ability. Would rather draft and play Finn personally.
I really hope none of the trades and free agents spoke about here force us to choose and relinquish the rights to draft Finn actually it would be madness on the clubs behalf to ignore the best talent available to us in the draft for yet another year when we didn’t even make finals and have one of the oldest lists in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back