No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Have been offered more but chose to stay where I currently are. Good luck to Bradley. He is making the right choice for himself.

You've never once changed jobs to another that was higher paying? Not once? I find that hard to believe.

But anyway you are right, he's made the right choice for himself. It's a shame but what can we do about it?

Did we even enquire about Hill? If we didn't, then good luck to him I guess.... if we did, then I guess it stinks a little given how easy we made his move back to WA. Would have been nice for him to reciprocate, but meh.
Course we did, we would've been stupid not to.

This. He's faarken dead to me the little campaigner.

Nah, Brad Hill was an important part of 3 premierships, will always be a big part of our club.

I was watching the 2013 Prelim again last night; Hilly was just a kid, but played a great, mature game, kicked a couple of very important goals.

I’ll always love him.

Nah, Brad Hill was an important part of 3 premierships, will always be a big part of our club.

I was watching the 2013 Prelim again last night; Hilly was just a kid, but played a great, mature game, kicked a couple of very important goals.

I’ll always love him.
Cherish those moments. But moving fwd, Faark him. He's the enemy now. Just like Bud.

I'd want to know what our offer to Hill was compared to St Kilda's before I'd curse him for not coming back to the Hawks.

I don't think he's necessarily worth what the Saints are allegedly offering (and there's not many players who are), but I think he's certainly worth 75% of it.

He's still really young, and has elite speed, stamina and kicking. He's a legit gun and I think some here still see him as the fragile, outside runner who could sometimes go missing.

Sorry but brad hill can go get f’ed, made us trade him back to WA for “family reasons “ now wants to go back to Victoria for a big contract. fu** him we move on

“Made us”
The club could of stuck fat and “made” him see out his contract
The club could of offered him 900k a year for 5 years - they didn’t
Club would of had to give up first pick - they wouldn’t

This idea that players should be loyal to a club is long gone. Clubs have no issue moving on or shopping around players so I don’t see why players should be any different.

I do hope though that this time around the love fest that’s displayed for him at games is done - I’ve no doubt there won’t be any more Clarko cuddles at the end of a game

Bridge burnt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Different set of circumstances. AFL players have a very short career span, Hilly was vital to our 3 peat he has accomplished more than most players ever will and if he wants to chase the dollars to set himself up after footy I can't begrudge him for that.

Just leaves a bad taste in our mouths, after we let him go for unders to be with his family.

If they were an ASX listed company they'd be rooted, they have no honour, integrity, honesty, fairness on any level.
Fk Gil and the AFL, they run one of the most corrupt competitions in the world in my view.

I truly believe that the only way to expose this rubbish is for a mass fan boycott. Would take a lot of coordination but how good would it be to see empty stadiums fir a week and Gill trying to explain his way out of it.

Better still......if people boycott watching AFL on TV for a weekend....explain that to the TV networks that are losing money Gill you cranker

Dayne Beams returned to his original club after leaving. Gary Ablett junior too. Justin Murphy many years ago. Croady. I'm sure there are others also...

Hope Hawthorn stop playing the nice guy. Apparently, being 'nice' isn't a commodity players look at when choosing a club to play for.

Port played hardball with that blonde midfielder who was forced to play for Carlton after preferring the Pies. Yet Port still attracted many players to join them. Cam McCarthy was forced to sit out a whole season when GWS didn't want to send him to WA. Essendon are c**** yet they still attract players.

I wish Hawthorn will start playing hardball. Be ruthless. When will we ever be rewarded for our 'lovely kind' gestures?

In any business, you can be ruthless and get results, or be nice and hope for the best. FFS.

I truly believe that the only way to expose this rubbish is for a mass fan boycott. Would take a lot of coordination but how good would it be to see empty stadiums fir a week and Gill trying to explain his way out of it.

Better still......if people boycott watching AFL on TV for a weekend....explain that to the TV networks that are losing money Gill you cranker
Or, we keep asking the questions, forcing Gils hand a little more each time. Eventually something will give. Like it did with the Syds.

Or, Id rather have our money on ther'll be an arrangement for a more favouble draw, or a softening of a certain position on Tassie, a something to sweeten us and stop making waves.

Theres more than one way to skin the cats at HQ.

Even though we might appear to lose the battle for player X, we will win the war on another front. Media piffle aside, we'll pick up another player. Plenty of fish in the pcean for Clarko to catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back