No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. One of the guys in Gary and Tim’s show this morn very confident. Make of it what you will.
But they didn’t say “greenwood to Suns” at all. They said Suns are confident.

I’m not overly fussed on whether Greenwood joins us or not, but this sort of misquoting of what was actually said drives me a little batty.

Yeah, but we've got/had the players who went top 10 though

2008 - Ty Vickery - Pick 8
2009 - Tom Scully - Pick 1
2011 - Chad Wingard - Pick 6 (Jonathan Patton - Pick 1)
2011 Mini Draft - Jaeger O'Meara - Pick 1
2012 - Jonathan O'Rourke - Pick 2
2016 - Jack Scrimshaw - Pick 7

Think thats a pretty good way to go about looking at it.

Not to mention selections like Worpel at Pick 45 who on reflection was top 3 in his draft year

McEvoy went pick 9 in 2007 too.

I’m not overly fussed on whether Greenwood joins us or not, but this sort of misquoting of what was actually said drives me a little batty.

The news doesn't even need to be fake for people to get it wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you listen? They didn't just say the Suns were confident. Exact words were "it looks almost certain to happen". They may have extrapolated it from the Suns being confident, but I can only quote what they said. Don't shoot the messenger.

Did you listen? They didn't just say the Suns were confident. Exact words were "it looks almost certain to happen". They may have extrapolated it from the Suns being confident, but I can only quote what they said. Don't shoot the messenger.
If he’d have said what you think he did it would’ve been quoted and tweeted as news.

If he’d have said what you think he did it would’ve been quoted and tweeted as news.
what was said was "Suns are very confident they are going to land Hugh Greenwood from Adelaide as well. Greenwood hasnt made a decision yet as he is away in Albuquerque, where his girlfriend is from in New Mexico where he played in the college system. He's chasing that four year deal from the Crows or at least a three year deal with triggers so he is waiting to hear back from them as to whether that will be accepted. He has met with Hawthorn, Brisbane and Gold Coast and the Suns really think if the Crows deal falls over they are absolutely in the box seat to get him as well"

Then he goes on to talk about how Tim Watson saying Brad Crouch heading to Gold Coast might effect Greenwood's decision as if Crouch and Ellis-Yolman go then the deal is likely offered that Greenwood wants to stay.

The "it's almost certain to happen" was in regards to Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast and that Richmond could match it but wont due to the price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back