No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom’s actually a Saint
Ok, that’s the 4th team that someone has now said that he follows. Maybe he doesn’t really have one.

Sep 17, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He participates as an active Melbourne supporter in a big WhatsApp group that some mates are in, but maybe he’s just a chameleon...

You could be right, he used to work for St Kilda (hence I deduced the he barracked for them)

F02DD96A-6EF0-464F-932B-E7AD8CF06411.png

Weird thing to look up and it does nothing to legitimise what he has to say about us and Cognilio but anyway...

Carl Spackler

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well, that send off for Rough was one heck of a recruiting event. If any player was weighing up what sort of team they want to dedicate the rest of their career to then you would think Hawthorn have put forward a great argument with a great assist from the FoxFooty team. FF did some great tribute work unlike anything I can recall for another player.

After watching that game I am feeling very comfortable about our off season. The hawks give off an air of a side on the rise. Regardless of what happens next week, next year will be spectacular.

Carl Spackler

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's also interesting what an insane rush of gossip and ITK rumours we had last week. It was so big that I reckon it must have been reckoning week. The die has been cast. Everyone who knows, knows Cog's destination. The winners are quiet because there is more business to achieve. The losers for the same reason - no need broadcasting the fact that you're a loser when there are more deals to be done.

So I guess I'll judge this by the board with the most "It ain't over yet" vibe. They are the losers.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's also interesting what an insane rush of gossip and ITK rumours we had last week. It was so big that I reckon it must have been reckoning week. The die has been cast. Everyone who knows, knows Cog's destination. The winners are quiet because there is more business to achieve. The losers for the same reason - no need broadcasting the fact that you're a loser when there are more deals to be done.

So I guess I'll judge this by the board with the most "It ain't over yet" vibe. They are the losers.
‘It’s genuinely 50/50’ is what to look for ;)

Carl Spackler

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Speaking of which, ITK from the Carlton board:

Coniglio is not coming to Carlton.

North have made an offer to him for $1.6 million a year.

At the moment it looks like 80% Hawks, GWS or 90% North Melbourme they have offered him reportedly $1.6 million a year for 8 years.

Sorry it's 70% Hawks and 30% North, we are out of the running it seems.

Every club would enquire about Coniglio in the same way we did about Lynch.
Cogs knows where he is playing next year already so this sort of stuff is pretty much irrelevant.

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Teague was a coach at West Coast who I would think are a very successful club for a long time.. Teague irritates me already, but I think he’s done a fair apprenticeship and learned enough to be a decent coach.
Agree. I think its a reasonable appointment. He has done a good apprenticeship.

Speaking of which, ITK from the Carlton board:

Honestly - who haven't North offered a 7+ year/$X million dollar contract to? I was shocked that they didn't try and snap up Usain Bolt when his stint at the Mariners ended.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
45 days Free agency
I wonder if its time to start up a Stephen Coniglio themed Advent calendar?

The last day words will go something like:

'on the last day of free agency Clarko said to me… come to Hawthorn and you will receive… 4 premierships… 3 All Australian… 2 Brownlow medals and 1 chance to play with your bestie'

HawkSince2008

Senior List
Aug 1, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I wonder if its time to start up a Stephen Coniglio themed Advent calendar?

The last day words will go something like:

'on the last day of free agency Clarko said to me… come to Hawthorn and you will receive… 4 premierships… 3 All Australian… 2 Brownlow medals and 1 chance to play with your bestie'

5 Best and Fairests...

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Watching the Giants yesterday and Lachie, I can't help but to feel he would have a preference to get to us this off-season..
I'd say you are right as right can be. After Coniglio nominates to leave and the shock hits GWS I think soon after in the trade period you'll find Lachie publicly request a trade. GWS obviously hold all the cards and time will tell what they'd demand for him but I agree with you tige19 that he'll want out of there this offseason. I reckon its gonna get ugly too.

I'd say you are right as right can be. After Coniglio nominates to leave and the shock hits GWS I think soon after in the trade period you'll find Lachie publicly request a trade. GWS obviously hold all the cards and time will tell what they'd demand for him but I agree with you tige19 that he'll want out of there this offseason. I reckon its gonna get ugly too.
J. Cameron is the one to watch with interest. He'd be the big one who would want to leave and a lot of clubs would come running with 2 firsts in hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back