No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as Frost handballs it to our better ball users he would be a good acquisition. Would cost relatively little in a trade, is pretty handy 1v1 and has good athleticism for his height. At the very worst he would be handy defensive depth - reminds me of Spangher
* I miss Spangh 😔

So you blokes as supporters want to see Frawley, Stratts and Frost with the ball in their hands as 50% of the backline, TRYING to move it upfield at speed and with precision to beat the forward press of todays team zones and high pressure forwards?

You guys are nuts.
If we had need of 1 DB like Frost, without similarly limited in terms of rebound players like Frawls and Stratton, I'd understand.
2 - maaaaybe.
3 is ridiculous for today's game.
And at just turned 26 years of age, Mother Mary herself let alone the Hawthorn footy club aint changing his foot skills or decision making when the game is moving at warp speed.
Hendo an ENTIRELY different vessel . Always had verry nice foot skills, just never the belief that he could be an elite play maker as he's discovered and been employed to be.

Seriously, hope we veer away and find better.

We've had that fish in the freezer for awhile. Now we turn our attention to another GWS media circus performer Whitfield looking for daddy Gils side pocket handouts. If he loves Hawthorn so much lets see if he signs on the dotted line once they get bundled out. I wouldn't deal with GWS player managers anymore if I was the hawks! Fools gold. Were clearing the books for GWS so they can re-sign the BIG fish. Hawks getting played two ways.
Hawks need to go to places where they found puopolo/ breust and smith. Go picking in side alley record stores like all good DJ's.
There is absolutely no harm in trying, whether we get them out of the Giants or not I have all the faith in the world that plans B through Z are still going to have a positive result on our list.

I would've thought all clubs are aware of this now.

It's no longer an even playing field. Gil has declared his hand.
Yep I believe it's been expressed that the growth of the game in Sydney is good for the AFL business and all clubs will profit from it in the long run.

Whilst I believe Whitfield will stay with the Giants, our club should never give up trying to get talent out of them, or any club for that matter. Money matters, but it isn't the only thing that matters. I'd rather try 100 times and fail every single time, if the alternative is to not try at all.

As much as i deplore Gil and the afl this attitude is a bit like throwing the toys out of the cot. Just because it happened once doesn’t mean it will apply for ever more. If at first you don’t succeed try try again.
Totally agree, in the end if a player WANTS to leave GWS they will.

I read Melbourne if they get him are going to play him as a wingman
Wingman :tearsofjoy:
Then it’ll be forward, then back and then out the door

He has height, can’t defend, no grunt and an overrated kick
And he will be traded for more than a second rounder
GWS know what they are doing

Totally agree, in the end if a player WANTS to leave GWS they will.
Sure, kinda.

Cam McCarthy wanted to leave, so he sat out a year.

If a player wants to leave then they probs have a specific club (or State) they want to leave to. Getting there requires other things to align.

Unless they’re UFA/DFA, GWS (see: AFL) is gonna have a very strong influence into whether/where they go (unless they sit out a year or just go into the National Draft).

Wingman :tearsofjoy:
Then it’ll be forward, then back and then out the door

He has height, can’t defend, no grunt and an overrated kick
And he will be traded for more than a second rounder
GWS know what they are doing
Completely agree. Jack of all trades, master of none. Deledio got picked ahead of him! Let that sink in...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was told around the time of the Cogs signing to not give up on Whitfield this year or next.

There's a legitimate chance the AFL will stop this from happening if there's a sniff of him nominating us though. My usual source told me this and Ash Browne also said last week, GWS literally don't have to worry about a salary cap.

It'll only happen if he wants to play in Victoria because GWS will be able to offer much more money then us or any other Victorian based club.

I was listening to the latest podcast of the hawktalkpod and was really surprised that Ash saying it very clearly there.

Agree, IF the player from GWS wants to play for Hawthorn and the club can facilitate the movement, let's deal with them (GWS + AFL).

Can't wait to welcome the incoming players :) .

So you blokes as supporters want to see Frawley, Stratts and Frost with the ball in their hands as 50% of the backline, TRYING to move it upfield at speed and with precision to beat the forward press of todays team zones and high pressure forwards?

You guys are nuts.
If we had need of 1 DB like Frost, without similarly limited in terms of rebound players like Frawls and Stratton, I'd understand.
2 - maaaaybe.
3 is ridiculous for today's game.
And at just turned 26 years of age, Mother Mary herself let alone the Hawthorn footy club aint changing his foot skills or decision making when the game is moving at warp speed.
Hendo an ENTIRELY different vessel . Always had verry nice foot skills, just never the belief that he could be an elite play maker as he's discovered and been employed to be.

Seriously, hope we veer away and find better.

Gotta understand your concern. Hard to disagree.

I was listening to the latest podcast of the hawktalkpod and was really surprised that Ash saying it very clearly there.

Agree, IF the player from GWS wants to play for Hawthorn and the club can facilitate the movement, let's deal with them (GWS + AFL).

Can't wait to welcome the incoming players :) .

Simple. Declare you want to play for the HFC. We will make it happen.

Don’t * us around.!! simple !!

I can not fathom, in any way, shape or form adding Frost to a backline that has multiple blokes who crumble under pressure with ball in hand. Frost in would be a safety net, he isn’t part of our next premiership, in fact he isn’t apart of any team winning premierships.

Cogs to Carlisle to Frost 🤪🤦‍♂️

I am stunned at how negative people are about the Frost pick up.

What’s the alternative?

He’s a great defender and like others have said Chip and Lake have both been labeled as dodgy with the ball before too.

Please don't compare a tough 2 time AA with arguably the best hands for a defender to Frost please, complete apples and oranges that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back