No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to be patient and wait for Leon to fail again, when that happens then we hit him up. If he is still not keen, then we put a line through him.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Already happening or has happened for a number of years.
Whitfield knows the HFC score and plan for him intimately.
Sorry to keep repeating it, he must decide NOW. We can’t be taken for another maybe ride.

We have the money, just which “fish” to use it on ????

Already happening or has happened for a number of years.
Whitfield knows the HFC score and plan for him intimately.
Sorry to keep repeating it, he must decide NOW. We can’t be taken for another maybe ride.

We have the money, just which “fish” to use it on ????

Speaking of money, the incredulous Hill scenario is underlined and BOLDED !!

So you blokes as supporters want to see Frawley, Stratts and Frost with the ball in their hands as 50% of the backline, TRYING to move it upfield at speed and with precision to beat the forward press of todays team zones and high pressure forwards?

You guys are nuts.
If we had need of 1 DB like Frost, without similarly limited in terms of rebound players like Frawls and Stratton, I'd understand.
2 - maaaaybe.
3 is ridiculous for today's game.
And at just turned 26 years of age, Mother Mary herself let alone the Hawthorn footy club aint changing his foot skills or decision making when the game is moving at warp speed.
Hendo an ENTIRELY different vessel . Always had verry nice foot skills, just never the belief that he could be an elite play maker as he's discovered and been employed to be.

Seriously, hope we veer away and find better.

Okay, a few key points - Frawley is not a bad user of the ball. Most of the time he uses it he goes long and accurate and regularly hits targets, runs at about 80% or more by foot consistently every year. He can take some time getting the ball to his boot, that's really the only thing about Chip that makes me nervous.

It's all about teaching them to take the safe option and not try to take the game on and play beyond their role.

Instead of looking at Frost as a poor kick and that's why we shouldn't pick him up for cheap, look at what he brings. He's a solid defender, can play tall or small, incredibly quick and nimble so provided he can function as part of our team defense he won't be too much of a liability.

Even the best defensive set ups in the league have poor kicks. Ask any Richmond supporter, none of them want Dave Astbury kicking the ball, Rance flubbed a lot of his disposals up until more recently and Grimes just takes the safe option. Hell, even Houli makes a meal of things frequently.

Seems that people still can’t read the thread title.

This thread is not about some fancy trade hypothetical you’ve thought up or discussing current players like McEvoy.

This is an incoming targets discussion.

If you want to hypothesize what one of our players might do or how they might be traded THIS IS NOT THE THREAD.

Whilst I believe Whitfield will stay with the Giants, our club should never give up trying to get talent out of them, or any club for that matter. Money matters, but it isn't the only thing that matters. I'd rather try 100 times and fail every single time, if the alternative is to not try at all.
Spot on the moment the club retreats into its shell and stops pursuing these type of players we have lost. Its probably why we are linked to Lynch, Shiel and Carlsile and every other reasonable player even if there is only a small chance. It would be negligent not to.

I think a few on here are overstating how bad Frosts kicking is, the guy is quick, tall, and can actually defend the high ball and is not useless with the ground ball. He would allow us to play O'Brien as the swingman, and have a succession plan for Frawley whilst Kosi develops. So with O'Brien, Lewis, and Patton up forward do we switch Gunna to a wing Richo style?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Frost would seem a sensible pick up (at the right price) given our lack of talls. With shoey, mohr, mirra almost certain to be delisted and brand a chance to leave as well (and jury still out whether is up to afl level) that leaves our kpd stocks as Frawley and kosi (a mile off it to play kpd at afl).

I can not fathom, in any way, shape or form adding Frost to a backline that has multiple blokes who crumble under pressure with ball in hand. Frost in would be a safety net, he isn’t part of our next premiership, in fact he isn’t apart of any team winning premierships.

Cogs to Carlisle to Frost 🤪🤦‍♂️

How quickly some forget that premiership teams are not made from 22 A-graders. They are made of 26-30 Players who are all C-grade or above, play a role and complement each others strengths and weaknesses.

Need I remind you that Matt Spangher won a premiership during one of the greatest dynasties the AFL have seen?

I think it would be more accurate to say Brand to Carlisle to Frost. Our Cogs alternative will be coming from somewhere else.

Been offline since Friday with birthday stuff and the hangovers that followed. What did I miss? did pop in at one point. Had to pour one out for Abasi's state of mind. Did I miss anything new? Frost news clearly new enough, is it progressing or just another dart thrown does anyone know? Also anything new on Greenwood or any of the other names we have been linked with?

Been offline since Friday with birthday stuff and the hangovers that followed. What did I miss? did pop in at one point. Had to pour one out for Abasi's state of mind. Did I miss anything new? Frost news clearly new enough, is it progressing or just another dart thrown does anyone know? Also anything new on Greenwood or any of the other names we have been linked with?
Nothing new. Don't bother reading the previous pages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frost is our big fish.

Lot of people underrating Frost here. At worst will give us depth in an area we are sorely lacking and at best will be a solid best 22 contributor who will elevate the performance of Stratton/Sicily.

I can not fathom, in any way, shape or form adding Frost to a backline that has multiple blokes who crumble under pressure with ball in hand. Frost in would be a safety net, he isn’t part of our next premiership, in fact he isn’t apart of any team winning premierships.

Cogs to Carlisle to Frost 🤪🤦‍♂️
I don’t know much about Frost and not thrilled by the comments that his disposal is suspect, but I think it comes back to the fact that squads win premierships and not just the team on the grand final day. In that sense I think Frost could be a valuable contributor given our KPD depth is so thin.

Unless a player from there officially nominates us.
Spot on. A player and his manager kicking tyres and using our interest (and Carlton's) to squeeze maximum money out of the club he wanted to stay at (or the AFL / whatever) is very different to a player who actually wants out and wants to join us. When a player wants to leave, it is very rare they don't and almost always when the current club is getting such ridiculous value from them (like Geelong having Kelly on a rookie salary but performing at star level) that it makes no sense to let them go.

If Whitfield wants to join Hawthorn, he will. If he wants to stay at GWS long term, he will. And he will be very well paid for it. Until we hear anything to suggest a link to us beyond the laughably irrelevant fact that he supported us as a kid (which is worse than 'he has mates here'), it's not really worth thinking about.

its going to be fun watching Frost become the new whipping boy if he joins. When he gets the ball late in games when its close, it is like watching a benny hill skit, he has absolutely no composure whatsoever. There are reasons why Melbourne lost so many close games this year and Frost is at the top of the queue for why. Just look at their win over us, Frost should have cost them that game too if the umpire had paid the clear throw in the last 10 seconds he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back