No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I believe Whitfield will stay with the Giants, our club should never give up trying to get talent out of them, or any club for that matter. Money matters, but it isn't the only thing that matters. I'd rather try 100 times and fail every single time, if the alternative is to not try at all.

It’s going to be hard going for Hawthorn to extract a player from the expansion clubs via free agency, as we’ve seen with Cogs.
The only way we’d be a chance with Whitfield is to trade for him ... I have no problems coughing up 2x 1st rounders for a proven, elite talent.

Frost, good defender, fast and a long kick?
Sounds like something we can work with.

Anything more than a 4th rounder for Frost would be paying overs. Putrid footballer.

its going to be fun watching Frost become the new whipping boy if he joins. When he gets the ball late in games when its close, it is like watching a benny hill skit, he has absolutely no composure whatsoever. There are reasons why Melbourne lost so many close games this year and Frost is at the top of the queue for why. Just look at their win over us, Frost should have cost them that game too if the umpire had paid the clear throw in the last 10 seconds he did.

Poor ball use hasn't stopped the Hawthorn boys nominating O'Meara for MVP over guys like Worpel, Sicily and Shiels.

Apparently North Melbourne have joined in a bidding contest against Hawthorn for Sam Frost, as reported on twitter.

‘Bidding contest’ - they really do make up s**t these days. Of all available players farkin Frost isn’t going to have a bidding war over him.

I imagine conversations went something like this:

- Hawks: Hey Frost we see Melbourne is lowballing you - we’ll give you a reasonable deal as a fringe player as we believe you fulfill a positional need

- North: HAWTHORN ARE INTERESTED!!! THAT MUST MEAN HE IS GOOD!!!
$700,000 FOR THE BIG FISH!!!

- Hawks: We’re not really changing our offer here

- Media: bIdDiNG wAr

It's a win if a club over pays for a player like frost.

It's a win if we can get him for cheap because clubs arnt willing to offer a good deal

Either way it's a win.

Win/win situation.

We win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the risk of repeating myself for the third time, I was always wary of prying a system based defender out of the system that made him look like a star. Glad we didn't go down that path.

At the risk of repeating myself for the third time, I was always wary of prying a system based defender out of the system that made him look like a star. Glad we didn't go down that path.
Plus, I thought I read somewhere that the Dogs were offering 700k +......

No thanks.

Said he might be gettable with Geelong likely the option as Dangerfield will be in his ear. Said a top 10 pick would be the asking price which Geelong should land in the Tim Kelly trade. They arent able to trade their own without getting another first in. Maybe we have a chance to get involved over the top of them

We were talking to Sam Powell-Pepper and we have been given no reason to believe we have stopped. Good mates with Impey and Wingard, maybe Clarkson has gotten over his aversion to big bodied mids?

I would think we are his preferred destination.

Ugh, I really hope not....

Clarko also likes blokes who can kick.

We were talking to Sam Powell-Pepper and we have been given no reason to believe we have stopped. Good mates with Impey and Wingard, maybe Clarkson has gotten over his aversion to big bodied mids?

I would think we are his preferred destination.
Wouldn’t mind it. The game plan we moved towards in the second half of the season wasn’t based of kicking precision, more ruthless competitiveness, move the ball forward at all cost and get it in deep to the big men, SPP could definitely help with this. SPP, Mitchell, Worpel, O’Meara and Shiels is a good midfield rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back