No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodo. Thank God.

Browne believes that Essendon have emerged as the likely suitor for the 21 year-old.

"Powell-Pepper might be more easier to get."

Browne talk England real good.

Oct 9, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bulls Seahawks Dodgers Blackhawks
Browne believes that Essendon have emerged as the likely suitor for the 21 year-old.

he tweeted something before that said "he was like I dont need this" when talking about Pyke. Good work Tom, solid English when reporting

Ohhh nooo, Dodoro! Please don't steal SPP from us...

:nomouth:

May 20, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
29,327 posts
I was told around the time of the Cogs signing to not give up on Whitfield this year or next.

There's a legitimate chance the AFL will stop this from happening if there's a sniff of him nominating us though. My usual source told me this and Ash Browne also said last week, GWS literally don't have to worry about a salary cap.

It'll only happen if he wants to play in Victoria because GWS will be able to offer much more money then us or any other Victorian based club.
Not happening

I hope Laird re-signs with Adelaide. Not interested in getting a flanker in for the price we’d have to pay.

Mate Laird is precisely the type of player we need we have lacked drive off half back.
Nope. Not for the price Adelaide would want.

We will have Sicily, Scrimshaw, CJ, Impey and Burgoyne off half back next year. It's not a need.

Last edited:
If he wants hawthorn, it's on our terms. Adelaide are a rabble atm. Perfect time to get a bargain.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Rubbish. He’s not a FA.

We’d have to pay a trade price and the Crows aren’t handing over an AA cheaply.

Sep 15, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Rubbish. He’s not a FA.

We’d have to pay a trade price and the Crows aren’t handing over an AA cheaply.
I agree. As good as he is and would be for us, flankers should not be what we hand over a first rounder for
Simple decision really

Nice to have. Not mandatory

I agree. As good as he is and would be for us, flankers should not be what we hand over a first rounder for
Simple decision really

Nice to have. Not mandatory
We have back flankers. Makes zero sense to pay through the arse for another.

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I’d rather we trade up in the draft this year if we can, and target a KPB, along with McGuiness. Patton should hopefully be a cheap get.
Hopefully next year the club considers both Crouch and Whitfield as potential FA’s. Add in Downie next year and we should be contenders by 2021 again, all set for another 5-10 years domination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back